New Group! ABN Members' Map has Moved to Groups Page 4
  • 554 Comments
  • @twylatime In case you're wondering if missed something, I just updated main post to make instructions more clear.
  • Twylatime
    Pittsburg
    Kansas
    USA
    CDT at least until fall, then CST...LOL

@mvnla2, am looking forward to being the onlyiest Kansan in the group

• @mvnla2, Twymeister is always missing something!! LOL But as you see, I figured it out. You have my info now, and I'm going to the map to see who is and isn't close to me!! Thanks for your patience.
  • @all this is so much fun! Its great to see where everyone is in relation to me myself! No one close, but who knows, one of you may hit my area, and we can do a real time ABnest! I guess what amazes me most is that we are all so spread out over the world. One would never know from discussions that we all speak different languages, have different lives, etc. Wow. Makes my mind boggle. Then again, just getting up in the morning makes my mind boggle!
  • @dr-omega
    USA
    Oregon
    Beaverton
    PST/PDT timezone (Pacific)
  • Will update map later today or Tues. morning. Have guests this afternoon.
  • @dollarbill2208
    Bill
    Fayetteville, NC USA EST
  • @anniesussie
    Sweden
    Stockholm
    GMT + 1
  • Updated noon Tues PDT. @anniesussie -- There is already a member in Stockholm, so I arbitrarily separated you. You will have to zoom in quite a ways to see 2 pins. I really need to fix map so more than 1 person can be listed for the same location. I think I know how to do this, but it won't happen today.
    Next update Wed evening.
  • @mr-potato

Singapore
    Singapore

*its a small island off the south of Malaysia
  • Ow! I really need to implement something to make more people visible in the same place, other expecting you to zoom way in. Coming soon???
  • Hi guys, Is this where I leave my location details? What a great idea!! I see only one person from Australia and amazingly close to where I live!
    Carrum Downs, Victoria, Australia :)
  • @missrtail i am that person :D
  • Montana, USA
  • Updated. @Harrystar6 and misstail -- you have to zoom in quite a bit to see two distinct pins. Still thinking about how to make it easier to see everyone.
  • @madaboutithateitforit
    United States
    Michigan
    Ann Arbor
  • Map updated as of 6/2/12 7 pm PDT.
  • SoaringEagle
    USA
    Texas
    San Marcos
  • @mvnla2 -- since you have 2 people in Cincinnati, go ahead and put me in the 45215 zipcode (near Wyoming, Ohio if you need an actual city).

Also, I usually go with ChaosTsar, not Chaos Tsar (certainly not a big deal).
  • @SoaringEagle Hey there, I have family living very close to you, Dripping, South and southwest Austin...My daughter graduated SWT in mid nineties! Beautiful country, where you are.
  • @Twylatime I agree. I graduated in 2005 from SWT (I still refuse to call it Texas State!)
  • I think I'm up-to-date. Let me know if there are any problems.
  • Benitas
    Munich
    Germany
    MET
  • @mvnla2 Why are there links for the nickname on the map?
  • @blahalb09 -- Not sure I understand your question. There are no links on map. There is a place for both the username and nickname. Some people have a nickname that is different than their username. In these cases, it is useful to have both. For example" do you know AngryAdvisor's username? If so, how long did it take you to figure this out? Let me know if this didn't answer your question.
  • On AA's pin, there is a link for the nickname.
  • @blahabl09 -- Very curious -- It looks like all the nicknames are showing up as links, but none of the links work. Don't know why. Will look harder the next time I update map.
  • DASA51
    Portsmouth
    England
    UK
  • jtucc210
    Near Baltimore
    Maryland
    USA
  • Updated as of 8 pm. I combined user name and nickname into one line. This is a prelude to resolving multiple people in the same location. Please let me know if I made any mistakes.
  • USA
    St. Joseph (actually near Chicago, Il., and/or South Bend, In., Go Irish!)
    Michigan
    EST
  • I posted this on June 9. Why no date for me?
  • @duffy The date shows after 1 day has passed.
  • No map update today due to internet problems.
  • @blahalb09. Thank you for solving that puzzle for me.
  • @Duffy -- Map updated, but I made a cut and paste error, so your time zone doesn't show. Will fix in next update. BTW, I may not have heard of St. Joseph, but Google has.
  • @abeggertoo
    ABeggerToo
    Calgary
    Alberta
    Canada
    MST
  • Babylonsister
    Carthage
    Tennessee
    U.S.A.
    CST
  • @rocklands
    Western Cape
    Cape Town
    South Africa
  • @abaddicted-mama
    Centennial
    Colorado
    USA
    MST
  • @all -- Will try to update map today. I've been without internet for several days and very busy.
  • Update 6/14 pm. Please let me know if I made any mistakes.
  • @Antixi
    Poland
    Podlachia
    Białystok
  • @antixi -- Yeah! First person from Poland on the map! I only update once every day or 2, you'll be in the next update.
  • @mvnla2 Received my PM I think?
This discussion has been closed. Please check the new forum.
← All Discussions
Post in the New Forum!