New Group! ABN Members' Map has Moved to Groups Page 5
  • 554 Comments
  • @iamMighty -- Yes, this morning.
  • Map updated as of 6 pm PDT. There are still lots of countries with no ABN members listed, which can't really be true, given the number of downloads of AB. To add your name and approximate location to the map, please leave a comment here, with user name, nickname if different, country, and optionally city.
  • @Bowzerbird -- I'm willing to put OPUS on the map, but no one seems to know where Bloom County really is. There seem to be two Bloom Townships in Kansas, however???
    I would have thought that there would be lots of AB and ABN fans in Antarctica. After all -- what else are they going to do during the winter?
    @PrivatePenguin -- We could list your summer home as Antarctica, if you're interested. Can also list your real approximate location (see page 1). This will not allow anyone to figure out where you really live.
  • i live in anaheim,CA
  • @PrivatePenguin Do you mind if we list your summer home in Antarctica?
  • put mine in antarctica!
  • @mvnla2 Could you list MY summer home in Antarctica?!!!? Oh Pahleeze!! If I could go anywhere in the world, it would be Antarctica. Not interested in hawaii, europe, anywhere in the USA, just Penguin City [Antarctica!!!].
    OPUS & his Mom are there [even though Berk did what he did :>(( ]. Penguins were my first BIRD loves since the early 80's.
  • @bowzerbird -- Is there a Penguin City in Antarctica?
  • @bowzerbird There is something called Penguin City (at least unofficially), it is on Cape Royds, near McMurdo -- You'll have a summer home there shortly.
    Could not figure out how to make the name Penguin City actually appear on map. But I think you are in approximate location.
    @all -- Added one more celebrity to map.
  • Oh, T E N X !!!!!!!!!!
  • @bowzerbird -- What does T E N X mean?
  • hallieginsb
    USA
    California
    Santa Barbara

Love this idea!
  • T E N X means Thanks, thanx etc., Just saw the Antarctica summer home for bowzerbird & OPUS. He will be soooo happy and TENKful for placing us there. [tenkful = thankful].
  • @bowzerbird -- There is more than one celebrity on map. Have you found the rest?
  • This comment is deleted by @MUFC.
  • @MUFC -- Boy, you sure had me fooled. Why Manchester United?
  • @mvnla2, because that is my favourite football club!
  • @MUFC -- Deleted by MVNLA
  • @mvnla2 There is more than one celebrity on map. Have you found the rest?

Wow! Is Berkeley Breathed a member here? He's the creator of Bloom County & OPUS. Maybe I'll take a look see who else.
  • @bowzerbird -- Didn't put Berkeley Breathed on map (yet). There are some others (three I think, if you count duplicate locations). P.S. Looked at your website. You must have a lot of fun at your job.
  • Deleted by user!
  • @mvnla2
    I'm from the Netherlands, Zuid Holland, Rijpwetering
    @z0z0
  • Sorry, @mvnla2, I thought you posted my info when you asked me if you could do a few weeks ago.

I live primarily (at the moment) in San Juan, Puerto Rico. But, as my name implies, I also consider NYC home, too. Most years, I spend at least my summers in NYC.
  • @fujitoast I had no idea that you lived in St. Cloud. Before moving to Puero Rico, I was a professor for four years at SCSU. I hope things are okay in the Granite City!
  • @DocTonyNYC -- Thanks. I must have missed your response, especially if it wasn't in this forum.
    @all -- Will update map later today.
    @z0z0 -- Did you know there are 3 other members on map from the Netherlands?
  • @DocTonyNYC -- I put your summer home in Southampton, since Sal is already in NYC, and I like to separate peoples' dots on the map. I think Southampton should be a nice place to spend the summer, no? If not pick another location.
  • @z0z0 ... didn't know we lived so close to each other :)
    So that makes 3 Dutch people here on ABN yeahhh!
  • @all Added sortable table of names and locations (see p. 1). Also started adding group listings for multiple people in the same location. So far only for Netherlands.
  • USA
    Kansas
    Overland Park
    (gray-blue house with white trim and lots of trees with bird nests in backyard)
  • @mvnla2 The sortable table is great! Nice to quickly see where people live (and fling).
  • @Twylatime
    Sorry to inform you that you're not the only Kansan is in the Nest... Hah... *waves*
    Aloha.
  • @loox
    loox
    U.S.A.
    Oakton, VA 22124
  • windwalker
    Tasmania
    Australia
  • xebic88
    Tasmania
    Australia
    @mvnla2 and all that have put this work in ,i have been lucky enough to be around to see so many of these great ideas become a reality ,ty very much ..
  • @e-star and @mvnnla2
    It's good to see some fellow Dutch on ABN. Small country but high gross annual income per citizen and high internet density. So I expect to have some other 'vogeljagers' out there, as my son of 3 calls it that way.
  • @z0z0 and @E-Star -- There are now 4 people in the Netherlands. Not sure I can find a translation for "vogeljagers" -- What does it mean?
  • @PigFlinger
    PigFlinger1234
    Indonesia
    Java Island/East Java.
    GMT +07:00
  • @all -- Next update later today. Thanks for joining! Two people from Tasmania? Wow!
  • Fillmore1234
    Quincy
    Illinois
    USA
    CST

I hope I did that right! :)
  • i cant find the celebraties
  • Try the sortable table. They are celebrities only in relation to AB.
    Of course, you might be too young to remember some of them. ; ) Also, one of them is "related" to me. : D
  • @all -- update at 9 pm 06/23/12 ]
    @surfcow -- I was hoping you lived in Hawaii. You're pretty far from any surf. Would you like a summer home somewhere with good surf? Maybe "surf" refers to the internet? If so, fooled me.
    BTW surfcow and @twlatime, there's a celebrity in Kansas also.
  • @all Strange things happening. Will have to look at this tomorrow.
  • Andreas
    Austria
    Upper Austria
    Linz
    MEZ (greenwich +1hour)
  • @yuriyigolkin

Chelyabinsk
    Russia
    (GMT+6)
  • @MUFC -- I think you deleted the post with your location??? Do you want me to list you as in Norway without city? Think I will do that for now.
This discussion has been closed. Please check the new forum.
← All Discussions
Post in the New Forum!