The Bloated Pig - A Place for Weary Flingers Page 3057
  • 159689 Comments
  • Guys have you heard? Dave's back with the laundry. What a relief, he went out 3 days ago for a pack of fags and a six pack of Pironi. Came back with somebody's washing. Mysterious.
  • Tonight I shall have fezant dreams and wake up with a crown. Watch yourself @ixan57!
  • The Egg Defender ones are after the normal levels @kathy, so at least you don't have to play them.
  • The laundry you say @kathy? Might be time for this then.

https://youtu.be/H3DGpINHX5Q
  • Had quite a few 1 birders but nothing as glamorous as your 129k @desperatedan. Over and out.
  • @BrianN you really have to stop counting comments!
    @DesperateDan I guess I have some catching up to do in Reds Mighty Feathers, I just remember the beginning when there was no score, just had to get though the levels with a few lives left. It was hard! I'll go look again, is been a couple years since I played that episode..
  • I gotta sign off, I'm really really tired..
    And Dave is a jerk! No matter..
  • Well, well, well. We have an @ernor63 score to shoot at today...
    @kathy, did you fall asleep while trying to type your elipsis?
  • Dave really did bring home the wrong washing didn't he?
  • Well @kathy despite my busy schedule and just because I like you I went back and think I found 'boringgate' (took me all of 2mins).
    I slipped in another Scarlatti piano sonata when I thought no one was looking. I think beautiful was the word you were looking for. Boring! Horrowitz would be horrified

Though he wasn't actually playing there imagine having that much control of your fingers at any age but in your 80's?If I can still control my bowels at that age I'll be happy.
  • Enjoyed the Floyd tune @desperatedan. Without wishing to sound like a clichéd musical snob I do think their best and most innovative tunes came during the Syd Barret years before lsd took over.
    I remember growing up in my old home town and there was a chap just like Arnold Layne who was always in the local paper being nicked for nicking knickers off of clotheslines.
    That's not what Dave's been up to is it? You need to have a word @kathy.
  • As the song goes, Arnold Layne, Don't do it again.
  • Gone a bit quiet @karen68. Are you sulking that Emma deserted Canada and came to England?
  • Agree they had a few lean years @brianN after Syd sadly moved on but I think they really hit their stride 1973-1977 before Roger just got so angry about everything the tunes seemed to go out of the window. My favourite song - probably Pigs (appropriately for this forum). I'd stick it on the jukebox but it's a bit long.
  • They definitely went on to make some excellent records in that period. Probably 2 of the best sell8ng records of all time in Dark Side & The Wall.
    I just prefer the quirky more lyrical dare I say poetic approach Syd had to song writing as opposed to Waters more prosaic style. I think they would have evolved into something totally different if Barratt hadn't suffered from mental illness.
    Nothing to be done about it of course they were at the forefront of the psychedelic movement with all that entailed. If ever there was an advert for 'Just say no' it was poor old Syd.
  • Speaking of band's halcyon days your reference to Mrs Smith the other day made me think about the period Brix was with the Fall. Not sure if it was their best period musically but it certainly they're most colourful. Who thought they'd ever be on TOTP? (Seem to remember John Peel introduced them, how fitting was that?)
    They also collaborated with that Aberdonian enfante terrible of the ballet world Michael Clarke. MES was interviewed about it and he said they did a TV appearance with him and a couple of new band members(there were always a couple of new band members) had never been on telly before so they invited parents to the studio. Mark Smith kills himself laughing as he relates all they could see was Michael Clarkes arse. He had cut a huge hole in the back of his tights.
    If I close my eyes I can still see it.
    Smith himself always spoke fondly of Brix and the influence she had on him and the music which is unusual as the curmudgeonly old git rarely had a good word for anyone.
  • She's done alright for herself.
  • Wow, @karen68, do you have any fingernails left? Leylah doing it the hard way for sure. She conceded as many games in that match as Emma has all tournament.
  • Sadly, not even @asher can get past @ernor63's score in the Challenge. At least not yet. Looks like it's up to me then.

Ha Ha.
  • Lol BrianN yes I did fall asleep in the middle of my elipsis ...
    Sooo.. you went back and read that I actually Used the word boring? In reference to one of your delightful and entertaining posts? If so I apologise profusely, I didn't mean to be insulting and that's not my norm, I must have been especially snippy that day, probably Dave's fault! Lol, I'm not kidding, he really is an Arse...
    Ohh Memory... @Karen68 @Hunnybunny do you guys remember when that girl used to visit the BP and tell us of her abusive husband and her problem with Alcohol??
    Not that Dave is abusive lol, he's just a regular Arse !
    And there's a story behind my elipsis, just so you know @BrianN
  • @DesperateDan thanks, I'll have to check the challenge, Did the Arrogant one leave a strat?
    And I Love Pink Floyd :)
  • Ahhh reading the posts on today's challenge walkthrough brings back memories! Those guys were also part of the secret society it was @playhaven.com but has long since been taken down! I was invited to join the group at one point, there were only a certain number of players allowed, @wrw01 would know more about it, he's the one who invited me to check it out! It was very helpful as they explained their shots in your details! Like the Nev bomb lol!
  • Nev bomb has a totally different meaning for Man utd fans. And I only went back to check the boring comment because you asked me to. You have serious short term memory problems. But you're living with an arse so I'll make allowances.@kathy.
  • Ps glad to hear Dave is just a regular arse. Nite all.
  • Great my post broke the Nest !
  • I just typed a quite lengthy comment, and the Nest went down! I can't remember everything I typed¿ Due to CRS lol
    Nighty night @BrianN,x thanks for your graciousness on the subject, and understanding of my situation. Is not easy living with someone who has c absolutely No Commen sense!
    My kitchen sink has been clogged for 3 days, remind me to tell you about it! I'm afraid to type it all again and break the Nest again lol!
  • Is 7:43 p. I landlord came back to fix sink , with his friggin Fiance' omg I gotta shut up!!
    The**"'&+; Nerve!! Really!
  • The Hull Times reports a fracas in a local appartment. A resident there went berserk when her landlord arrived with his fiancé in tow. After throwing her down the refuse chute and getting the landlord in a head lock the tenant was about to give him a facial massage with her fists when the police arrived.
    After the dust had settled it turns out the landlord's fiancé was a plumber and had come to fix the blocked sink The tenant said she had no memory of what had just happened.

In an unrelated matter a local criminal known only as 'The Laundry man' struck again last night stealing ladies underwear from clotheslines. An eye witness said "Although it was dark you could tell he was a regular arse without any common sense. He ran away defiantly waving a fistful of scanties at me and singing 'My name is Arnold Layne and I will do it again! '"
  • Managed to film ernor and his two companions at their secret location planning their latest strategy.

https://youtu.be/hnc0pOjr1qY
  • @brianN you're talents are wasted
  • @ixan57, I arrest you on suspicion of crimes against apostrophes. Brian did one earlier but I think it was ironic. Anyone fancy an Oxford comma?
  • Emma Emma Emma! US Semi-Finals. Anything Leylah can do, so can Emma.
  • I have a cunning strategy for a pup so bye for now.
  • Well @kathy I've taken a beta blocker to calm down my heart rate but I think I'm ready for some kitchen sink drama. You did ask us to remind you.:)
  • Well Ash Barty gave up tennis to play cricket for Brisbane Heat for a couple of years, so perhaps Emma could do the same
    But seeing she’s through to the semi final, i don’t see her in the next Test
  • Really wish I could post that! Rolly Guy I mean ... Anyway @BrianN there's no need for me to tell the story you described it in your Hull Times article perfectly! Did you know we really have a newspaper called the Hull Times and the joy of reading it is the police log , that's the only reason Anyone buys it , except maybe for the Boosters news lol!
    I agree with @Ixan57 you missed your calling! But I think your punctuation is correct!
    And I love the bit about Ernor and the secret society !! Roflmao
  • Well I read the page, type, and I’ve missed a whole bloody page!
    Brian wearing crown
    It doesn’t fit so well...
    Hope you remember what you typed on the last page, otherwise I look like a sad old woman talking to myself
    Which I probably am. My younger sister turns sixty tomorrow
    Makes you feel old
  • Ohh forget it!
    Clean up in Aisle 3057 @sweetp .. sorry oops
  • @Hunnybunny Yeah I know the feeling of the younger sister syndrome :( you are not alone!
  • Hmmmm.... @BrianN with know too much information ¿?¿ Makes one wonder who's his informant!
    Anyway did I mention the plumber is here? Woulda been here 3 days ago , but what do I know??
  • I'm going to dispute your defence of @ixan57's punctuation @kathy. Apostrophes should not be wasted, there are only a limited number and one day when we run out of them I'll know who to blame.
  • '' '' '' '' '' '' '' '' '' '' '' '' '' '' '' '' '' '' '' '' '' '' '' '' '' '' '' '' '' '
  • Those are speech marks. Don't care about them.
  • You are getting old @hunnybunny, you're starting to repeat yourself. And the crown fits perfectly thankyou.
    I too have a younger sister but not the syndrome. Can I still join your club?
  • They're actually apostrophes disguised as speech marks.
  • Hey @kathy, it's not Christopher Plummer is it?
  • @kathy, all clean down that aisle. LOL
  • This is a picture of what it looks like in my valley, with all the smoke from those fires in No. Calif! Wishing for fall to hurry up and get here so we don't have to smell this awful polluted air. UGH.
    https://angrybir.de/3naVCk2
Post in the New Forum!