The Bloated Pig - A Place for Weary Flingers Page 3050
  • 159668 Comments
  • Just tried a new real ale called "The Guillotined Rabbit"
    It's nice and hoppy but it has no head.......
  • My headless body is wearing The Crown!
  • Hey up 2 Mercs, you've nicked @kathy 's crown and @desperatedan' s fez. And no head to put it on. Boy you're in trouble.
  • @desperatedan, please be careful! I'm glad you noticed the spelling error. You are being scammed, so don't click on it.
  • Hi @sweetp just wondering if the nest does have a pop up that asks for cookie permission etc. The one I've clicked on(more than once) certainly looked like it belonged in the nest. I'm not as eagle eyed as @desperatedan so might not have noticed a misspelling. No unusual activity on my devices. My bank acc. has been cleaned out but that's just the wife spending my hard earned money on rubbish... er necessary household items... Can we call that scamming? And @desperatedan did this just pop up randomly or were you on the ABN website? Can you recall what it looked like? Look forward to hearing from you guys... I think!?
  • No, I have never seen any pop-ups asking permission to save the cookies from this website. I still WOULD NOT click on it and make sure you have an anti-virus program running on your browser. Here's the one I use, and it's free: https://www.avira.com/en/free-antivirus-windows
  • Just on ABN website. Came to my laptop and phone. I'm pretty sure I have seen it before actually and it doesn't seem to have done anything bad. I have McAfee running. In the end I just told it not to change anything and it went away.
  • Thanks guys, strangely enough it popped up again this evening and I had to select 'no permission' on every question to make it disappear.
  • Thanks for antivirus link @sweetp, downloaded android v. on phone.
  • Roflmao @Hunnybunny with the page changer And the page opener , heehee!
    I have cookies saved on ABN just so it remembers my pw, and I don't have antivirus software on my tablet, is so old it probably would report itself :D I trust my server and it says ABN is a secure trusted site,
    Feeling a bit under the weather.. hopefully tomorrow will be a better day?!
    @BrianN. Stop picking on @DesperateDan please :/ we've never had any dissention in the BP in 3050 pages . .. heehee ;) although I kinda remember we hired Terence at one point to be the Bouncer, but my mind invents memories sometimes.. :/
  • Oops Should've read back a page, yeah misspelling is a dead giveaway,, I get security training videos at work , and they say that's the #1"thing to look for! I wish I could share the video s but unfortunately I can't share my work email with anyone outside the company for obvious reasons!
  • If I can't pick on @desperatedan I'll have nothing to say! Mind you @hunnybunny seems game. Hang on the phone's ringing...
    Well, that was the 1970's asking how Penarth is getting on.

Anyway stop picking on me @kathy.
  • Hi @karen68 @sweetp, having difficulty uploading photo from device gallery to album. Getting message saying 'error due to image being larger than 80mb'.I know the image in question is less than 4mb.Any thoughts?
  • @brianN not sure if you can crop the image before uploading.
    No expert on these things, just a passing thought so don't pick on me or i will report you to @kathy
  • Hi @ixan57, I tried with a couple of diff photos. One was ur bog standard screenshot, the other a photo of a screenshot. Not sure if they're croppable. Either way they should upload OK without that. Mysterious.
  • I've had that problem for ages @brianN. I can't remember how I got my photo of @twiggy uploaded.
  • That was a clean joke @hunnybunny
  • Must be an imposter.
  • Transferred photo to another device but same problem. If I was playing the challenge at the moment I wouldn't be able to provide proof of score for puppy.
  • @BrianN I occasionally have that problem, it must be a bug in the Nest somewhere.
    What has worked for me is I email the screenshot to myself then save it & upload the saved image. Don’t know why but it works.

And as long as your score is entered before the Challenge ends it’s ok if the screenshot is posted afterwards.
  • @BrianN, I've had that problem, too. I suggest you do what @Karen68 does, is to email it to yourself and save, then upload to the Nest.
  • @briann, those of us in California get that pop up all the time. Related to a new privacy law. Are you in CA or using a VPN that might make your browser think you’re in CA?
  • And @hunnybunny still chuckling about the guillotined rabbit joke. Heh!
  • Brechin, CA? Wishful thinking!

There is a suburb of Derby called California. I always tease one of my friends that she is a California girl.

(I'll let @briann explain @CaptRec)
  • https://youtu.be/N-aK6JnyFmk

That's for you @CaptRec.The height of our Summer approximates with the depth of your Winter.
    On the subject of VPN's did use one to download US version of AB Space to get the Fruit Loop bonus levels(sad isn't it?) Lot of fruit loops in the USA BTW, isn't that right @catsnbirds?
    May well have had Californian origin, but that was a one time thing that expired ages ago.
    One thing I've noticed since following @desperatedan's suggestion is that the ads have become less obtrusive but the pop up appears more regularly. Nothing worse than a bad case of the pop ups.
  • So @karen68 and @sweetp does this problem come and go of it's own accord or is there a nest wizard attaching jump leads to a server trying to sort it out? Tried your suggestion about emailing image to self but still getting same error message. Good to know puppies can be backdated, let's hope they're not fully grown by the time it's sorted. I'll get my wife to have a go tonight, she's much better at these kind of things.
  • @briann, love me some M&P. Though where I live in CA we get snow in the winter. We aren’t all just beach bums, though there are lots of bums.
  • @briann I look at it as the cost for living in such a wonderfully diverse country. Which means there are those who don’t embrace diversity. Hmmmm
    M&P, now I’m back in high school!
  • I would love to embrace Diversity but I'm just not a fan of large dance groups.

So that song 'It never rains in Southern California' should have in brackets... (but it snows in the North). Might spoil the mood ofthe song to be fair.

Thank you also @CaptRec for liking my song choice, they're usually met with overwhelming indifference. Apart from @desperatedan. Though they are normally more left field.
  • Hey @hunnybunny. Some people reckon Tom Jones is the best thing to come out of Wales.
    Me, I think it's the M4.
  • Hi @kathy hope you're feeling 'over the weather' today. Here' s a song to cheer you up.

https://youtu.be/ag8XcMG1EX4
  • @Captrec Waaaaasssuppp??? Me thinkest this Be your Very first visit to this Humble Pub¿
    Great to see you, I'm guessing @Hunnybunny post in the chat enticed you to see what was keeping our lovely Bunny¿
    Oops bad timing, dinner is ready.. I'll be back still trying to figure out what is M&P, guess I'll have to read up more..
  • Good choice @brianN.
    Had this as an earworm yesterday. Must be connected to all this rain around. This won't cheer you up though.
    https://youtu.be/8j7oT2I8Nz8
  • @BrianN Thanks for the thoughts, unfortunately your video is not available in this country :/ I hate when that happens!
    A word of fair warning, if you've decided to pick on Mrs. Bunny be prepared , she gives as good if not better heehee
  • Great song @DesperateDan , yeah didn't cheer me up but.. still good song!
    I guess No matter what is used for arrows the post in between still disappears ¿ Confusing ;/(
  • And @Hunnbunny post dissaapered too¿? Where do they go, the Land of misfit posts¿?
    Still haven't figured out what is M&P¿? Something to do with California?
    And I'm sorry diversity schmiversity , do whatever you like within the Law , I just mind my business, to each their own I say! That's why we are a Free country, Power to the People..
    Oh boy., I was gonna say Don't get me started, but seems I already have
  • Oh, I'll put you out of your misery @kathy. M&Ps = Mamas & Papas. California Dreaming of course.
  • Not to be confused with the lesser known hit, Brechin Dreaming.
  • Ah, now I get it. @hunnybunny's joke was so filthy, it was censored. Something to do with a new Welsh decency law.
  • I hear that William Shakespeare tried to get a drink in the Lurkers Lounge but OB wouldn't serve him because he was bard.
  • I’m not going to laugh at that misbegotten pun cause don’t want to encourage more of the same. Lol!
  • And yes @kathy, first BP posts, inspired by @hunnybunny!
  • Rain on here in not so glorious Edzell. Man you guys were busy last night or should I say this am. Sorry about the tune @kathy, in case you didn't get it it was Always take the Weather by Crowded House. Not sure if it was a hit Stateside. As for @hunnybunny I love it when she gets hopping mad. Bring it on girl!
  • @desperatedan Jimmy Page. What a monster. Thought you might have played Going to California to keep the theme going. I guess an earworm's an earworm.

Speaking of the Bard, here's the Bard of Salford with a peak into the underbelly of Manchester Not pretty, lyrics as spiky as his hair...

https://youtu.be/ZIUqVnTqNqA
  • It's not forecast to rain at all today. I hate it when that happens... Gaaaaaahhhhhh... Wish I was in Southern California.
    Now that's out of my system, let me tell you @CaptRec we don't need any encouragement to bring out lame jokes here in the BP. Exhibit A...
    Guy walks into a library. The librarian glares at him and says "I'm going to cut one leg off your trousers and put it on that shelf over there."
    Guy looks bemused and says "Ah well, that's a turn up for the books!"
  • @brianN groan groan groan.
    Quiz time @CaptRec might get this one being his profession.
    Which 2 parts of the body has the same name?
Post in the New Forum!