The Bloated Pig - A Place for Weary Flingers Page 2301
  • 159654 Comments
  • Just a heads up for you @Kelani. You're about to drop in your Space ranking again. @Romo is almost finished inputting his scores. Very impressive.
  • @rat thanks again for the free course English. You are right, I looked up the meaning of both words. But also again, I miss that feeling for the english language - unfortunately
  • @SweetP The Emider/Me Hal shot on #15 that breaks that vertical plank does make the log fall vertically, but it's not a high-scoring method. I got 207k with the bloated Hal shot that takes out both supports. It's a better strategy. fenikus posted a video:
    http://youtu.be/GF3yp1Cd9zE

@fenikus You're a horrible mom! lol. Long story, but I have to eat an hour or two before I go to sleep. All that takes place upstairs. Sleepy kel and stairs don't mix, so I don't come back down til morning.

@Rat Until I get more ipad time, I concede B2 to you and Romo. I've played it every day since its release, but my last improvements were July 18=1k and July 23=500. I'm pretty sure PC is out of points. If another PC user passes me up, then I'll rethink that claim. :)

edit: I also may read some of his strategies and give it another runthrough.
  • Well, I finally solved all the problems with PC AB videos. Guess that means the era of over-diagrammed screenshots w/accompanying novels may be over. I know everyone's real heartbroken about that :P
  • @all -- If any of you are interested in CA history trivia, I found out a little more about the Fergusson in Nacimiento-Fergusson Road. I love the name of that road, because it must be close to the longest road name in the US. (I'm sure Wales can top the letter count many times over, but...)
    It seems that the Fergussons was General Robert Fergusson, who lived for many years in Carmel. There is a Fergusson Road in Carmel (this would have been a decision by the city), which I assume was named after him, but also Monterey County paid tribute to him by naming a road after him. The reference is not explicit, but I'm pretty sure that must be the Nacimiento-Fergusson Road.
    I should add that this info is courtesy of the Carmel Library History Reference Librarian. It's nice to know that librarians aren't entirely an extinct breed.
  • They're still around. My mom's best friend is a retired librarian.
  • @all Must get to bed early, soooo tired. Will catch up with y'all soon. Meanwhile don't miss this, it's spectacular: wonderful, noisy, elegant aerobatics:

http://youtu.be/qEDxerQx_t8

• @TomPuss Only you would wear sunglasses in a library but not at the...angry equine. ;) btw, what is that other chick doing? It looks like she's breaking a pencil, dancing a jig, or dreaming of bygone days spent on horseback.

Shame on them for taking your liberry away. :(
  • Lol @kel, Gangnam style wasn't invented then, so quite what that library student was up to, who knows. . . Yeah, I was in a shades phase for a while, even wore them to the movies, I hated the ordinary spex I had.
    Ah, where are the snows of yesteryear. .
    Night, @all, xoxo
  • @TomPuss love the video, I've mentioned here before that I worked at the RAF St Athan air show, and saw (and certainly heard) a couple of Harrier Jump Jets and a Vulcan. Amazing

Oh, and I currently suffer from the desire to wear sunglasses practically every moment (although only out of doors) rain or shine. Goodness knows why. HWDNF laughs at me

Anyone tried the Seasons "left hand day" game?
    Weird
    It's obviously a right hand game, as Rovio, strangely, made all other AB games left handed.

I've been back in Seasons recently, but not too much, real life taking over, and not very successfully......

May try HH before bed time, you never know
  • @hunnybunny Can't play it, but I saw the video. It looks...wrong, even to this lefty.

edit: as long as you aren't compelled to wear your sunglasses at night, I think you're OK. :o)
  • Goodnight @kelani keep safe
  • There are a lot of retired librarians these days; some not retired by choice. It's nice to know that there are still some working librarians.
  • Hi everyone :)
    Congrats on top score @Sweetp :)
    Have to save all videos for later @TomPuss and @fenikus vid on #15..
    Picked up a couple more points in HH nothing to speak of. .
    And Yes @bernersenn of course We missed you. . Hope your weather is getting better. .:)
    OB I'll have one of those Mango things that Sweetp had:)
  • *wave* @Kathy everybody's abandoned us again :)
  • crap, didn't know Lauren Bacall died yesterday. I really need to watch the news more often.
  • *wave * @kelani I'm used to it I guess lol;) s' ok we have us:)
  • Uhmm yep she did. Kinda got buried till late night due i the extensive coverage of Robin Williams:(
  • lol, I just killed a marmoset with a bird without flinging it. On TT7, one of them got blasted over to the sling. When I aimed Matilda, she moved him, so i aimed her backwards and she pushed him off the cliff :D
  • Huh @kelani ? The marmoset was ON the slingshot? I've had that happen is funny! !
    I just got a freind resquest from Romo . Isn't he playing space with Pa?
  • @Kathy he was on the ground to the left of the slingshot, I pulled back, then down, that slid him to the right of the slingshot. Kept going and off the cliff he went.

No idea what Romo's doing. All I know is he entered his Beak2 scores, and didn't pass me up yet.

edit: I just got a request from him also.
  • That is funny @kelani I've had it happen once not sure which level..
  • Maybe @Romo would like to join us? Your very welcome too if you like Romo we have lots of fun here; ) first drink on the house:)
  • Somehow I don't think he'll get that message :)
  • Why not @kelani ? :( did i miss something. .his member name says Romo ?
  • I just got that same marmoset on my sling *again*
  • The members list didn't give an @ name ? Maybe it should so you can notify new friends. .:(
  • @Kathy His name is Romo, but he's probably never been in the BP :)
  • @fenikus Rio BV #14 challenge today
  • Well if I said @Romo then maybe he'll find his way here..@kelani. .plus i have a feeling he has been lurking cuz ya'll been mentioning him And he's friend of fenikus and Sweetp :)
    So if you @ someone they may show up ? Or do you think is hard to find this forum? Cuz I think it is if you don't know about it.
  • @Kathy if I mention someone in the BP who's never been here to set up email notifications, the only way they're gonna know is if someone tells them, or they're psychic.

I think it's hard to find, because it's just one of a hundred menu items, it's not mentioned anywhere obvious, and none of us advertise. :)
  • K don't know that. .I thought if you get @ mention anywhere on site then you get the notice.. but i see what your saying. Hmmm no wonder wjy my friends never get here lol:)
  • Ya but @kelani plenty of people find their way here who've never been here.. without being invited. .I would hate to think that we are 'invite only' that so snotty :(
  • @Kathy No, the BP is like a completely different site that happens to know our usernames. :)

I don't think anyone's intentionally making it invite only. There's just not any places to mention it except walkthroughs. Kinda hard to segue from a strategy to an invite.

If they'd make it so the comments at the bottom of the daily challenge page were cleared each day, it could work as a chat system for all the participants. That'd be a an example of a good place to bring it up.
  • From the BP back-reading I've done, it seems like at most 100-150 people have ever posted here. Out of 62k members, that isn't many.
  • Hmm @kelani I thought it Was mentioned at the Top of the challenge page m they must have changed it:( I do invite in my profile.
    This need to be addressed somehow. .
  • Ya that's not many. .plus now we are the ' Old Forum':( But we are listed in the community bar idk..I can't think right now. . But i feel bad:( I want everyone to be able to find it here. .
  • @Kathy well, in both my forum threads I'm gonna start, it'll be mentioned :)

Yeah, the BP at the bottom of Community below 'fan art' isn't really a prime location. lol.

edit: In a few of my forum posts, I said if anyone had any questions, find me in here. Only @mention me if they wanted to wait a week for my reply :)
  • Thanks @kelani ;) your the'Idea' guy I'll leave the 'PR' to you. .
  • @Kathy oh no you won't! :P All you likeable friendly people gotta invite people too :P
    edit: if it's just people who read my thread, you'll wind up with a bunch of Kelclones in here. We'll be at page 8,000 in a week :D
  • @kelani -- What forums did you start?
  • Lol @kelani maybe then my phone names for you will be for the kelclones Hahahahahahahamwwaahaha. . No of course we all invite members always.. but i just meant your good at spreading the word.. sorry i got lot on my mind tonight. .and the Popularity of the BP is not #1 ;) is important don't get me wrong nbut I'm just gonna try and fling it away before bed..
  • @mvnla2 Your U/S-D idea inspired me to start one for PC-cursed levels and repeating-score levels. and another for sharing flinging techniques/secrets (not level specific). Haven't done it yet, though.
  • @Kathy Y'all are also good at spreading words. Anyway happy flinging and hope ya feel better.:)
  • @Hunnybunny, that Lefthanders level is so weird! I'm so used to flinging left to right, I can't even get 3 stars on that one yet. Aaaahhh! LOL
Post in the New Forum!