If you’re an Angry Birds fan that uses an iPhone, iPad, or iPod Touch today is going to be a happy day, as Angry Birds Rio is finally here.
- 3 star and hidden fruit walkthroughs are coming online! Just click the link then pick your poison.
- Angry Birds Rio is now available for Android from the Amazon App Store and for a limited time it’s free. Click here to check it out.
Here’s a breakdown of what to expect from Angry Birds Rio:
- Golden Eggs are to be replaced with Hidden Fruits. So far as we know once you collect all the fruit nothing happens, so they’re more like achievements. They also don’t seem hard to spot, but they can be challenging to get.
- 3 Stars is still the high water mark
- New Bird (it looks to be a blue parrot, maybe from the movie)
- New achievements via Game Center and Crystal
- All new “Boss Battles”
- Pigs are replaced by birds in cages, and probably other animals depending on what world you’re in
- Future episodes will be released over time
- Improved graphics (a lot more Retina and HD graphics for iPad & iPad 2)
Here is a cool video the Scarbzscope put together that shows some of the actual menus and game play.
Below are some screenshots of some of the various aspects mentioned above. As always, 3 star and “hidden fruit” walkthroughs will be coming soon!