The latest update to the original Angry Birds (v1.6.0) is now available for iOS and Android devices, with more platforms coming online soon. This update includes a brand new world named Mine And Dine (links to trailer).
ANNOUNCEMENT:Angry Birds v1.6.1 is now in the Apple AppStore. This update fixes the loading issue mentioned below.
If you have issues opening Mine And Dine post-update here are some solutions to try:
- Reboot your iPhone / device and then load Angry Birds again. It may take awhile (2 -3 minutes), but it should load.
- Try turning ON airplane mode and then load Angry Birds (it still may take awhile to load). After it has loaded you can turn airplane mode off. Thanks to those commentors who recommended this solutions.
- Go into Game Center and log off. Then when Angry Birds loads click cancel when it asks whether to log in to gamecenter (thanks to the tip C.q).
- Per Rovio, “If you have problems with Mine and Dine update not starting, just wait, can take several minutes.”
- Another suggestion for users with older devices (pre iPhone 4 and including 4th Gen iPod Touch due to less RAM). Go into your Settings, tap General and set your Auto-Lock to “Never”. This will stop your “screensaver” from interrupting the loading process of game. Again, this could still take a few minutes. Remember to change your AutoLock back to your preferred setting after the game loads up. Thanks to SteveJack for bringing this to our attention.
From what we know this update includes:
- 15 new levels that take the birds deep underground
- Some 3 star scores and levels were adjusted a bit, so you may no longer have 3 stars on all levels. For example, we know the minimum 3 star score for level 3-5 has changed and the level has been slightly tweaked. This is likely in preparation for Angry Birds Sync (trying to get all devices in unison)
- There is at least one new Golden Egg. Checkout our Complete Golden Eggs Guide for the location and walkthrough.
- Additional achievements
- Bing integration has been removed.
- For those on iOS devices there is a new Mighty Eagle feather counter below each episode selection button.
Below are some helpful links: