Andrew Stalbow of Rovio announced at Adobe MAX today that a Flash version of Angry Birds is in the works. Rovio has built a brand new Angry Birds engine on top of Flash Player 11 that will allow them to harness some really cool effects. As you will see in the video below there is just a lot more detail, including lighting, smoke, and “5x more particles in explosions and special effects”. The sounds effects are also much different. I don’t know about you, but this looks awesome. Oh, and lastly, I’m not sure if the Jack-o’-lantern’s in the video are hinting at something, but one can hope!
Some interesting tidbits from the presentation:
- 400,000,000 total downloads across all platforms
- People spend 300,000,000 minutes EVERY DAY playing Angry Birds games
- Focusing more on short-form animations as well as their movie.
- Rovio plans on bringing the “full game experience to Flash in the next few months”.
- 5x more particles in explosions and special effects