After a little delay, the wait is over for Mac and PC users! The latest Angry Birds update (v1.6.3) is out now and includes the last chapter of Mine and Dine. This should also mean you now have access to all 26 Golden Eggs! This update comes about a month after the latest iOS and Android update, so check out that post if you want to know the nitty-gritty about v1.6.3.
Note for PC users, this update is available for those who purchased the standalone version via download.angrybirds.com.
Unfortunately, we have no word on when the update might come to Intel AppUp. AppUp has received their update as well.
A few tips regarding upgrading the standalone version:
- The in-game updated only checks for updates periodically (though some users have reported problems), so if you’re not getting prompted for an update and are in a hurry you can download a new installer from download.angrybirds.com. Updating this way should maintain your progress just fine, but if you want to be safe backup you LUA files first. Those files are typically found in your /user/AppData/Rovio/ folder, but that path can vary slightly depending on your version of Windows.
- If you update in-game it will download a new installer and overwrite the old one, so if your keen on keeping the older version (just in case you want to revert) backup the installer. This is probably something most people don’t care too much about.
Mini-bug: Some users have reported that Chapter 17 is not unlocked when they open the app after updating. The “Coming Soon” banner should be gone, but you see all padlocks. Solution: Re-defeat the last level of Chapter 16 (level 16-15) and click the “»” symbol when it shows your score. You should be rerouted to level 17-1.
A few helpful links:
- The Angry Birds and Golden Eggs leaderboards.
- Mine and Dine 3 star walkthrough are there if you need them
- If you can’t find all the Golden Eggs check out our Complete Golden Eggs Guide.