Update 1.1.0 out today

Home Forums Angry Birds Epic Forum Update 1.1.0 out today

Viewing 25 replies - 26 through 50 (of 78 total)
  • Replies
  • There4IM
    @there4im

Master classes start you at Level 7, with 19,999 points to go to get to level 8. The Dojo provides for individual class improvements (points) for snoutlings, or whole character improvements (points) for LC.

I like the new system, but it will take a fairly long time to level up. The event battles are fun (and mostly quite easy), but I admit to getting overexcited and crafting Stamina when I should really just wait and play a few event battles with the 15 freebies you get every few hours.

I should probably get a few more friends in the mix, too.

Eric2203
    @eric2203

@there4im Thanks for confirming Master classes and the qty needed to level 8.

I’ve also confirmed that a level 1 class starts with 24 Mastery needed to get to level 2.

Eric2203
    @eric2203

– I think the Mastery is actually a drop, not a passive increase like experience. I did see an mastery icon after killing a pig (among the stars and snoutlings). They definitely don’t all drop mastery.

– I think the dojo cooldown is 24h. Looks like it rolls over at midnight local time for me. That’s the only thing that makes sense after comparing the time left I saw last night after the update, and what I saw this morning and now tonight.

Eric2203
    @eric2203

– Buying something at the dojo replaces it with something else. So I’m not sure what the cooldown is for unless you’re really short on funds or want to wait for a specific class to show up in the dojo.

– It’s 1199 Mastery from level 2 to level 3. This is what happens when you gain a Mastery level:

Mastery Level Up

KillerKea
    @killerkea

If you are thinking about using Lucky Coins for Mastery the best deal is 75 LC for +1000 for all classes. I like the 100 snoutlings deal and will use it everytime I see it. You will gradually earn Mastery points just by normal fighting. Below are the following offers I’ve seen in the Dojo.

100 snoutlings for +500 Mastery in a single class
    15 lucky coins for +500 Mastery in all of one bird’s classes
    75 lucky coins for +1000 Mastery in all classes

I don’t know if you get the bonus for classes you don’t currently own. I’m still saving LC to buy the Sea Dog, Skulkers and Thunder Bird.

chinolatino
    @chinolatino

I was saving up LC and had about about 1200. Finally decided to spend them today on the headgear I didn’t have since the change I figure, I can just patiently use snoutling to increase headgear mastery.

I’m not really sure how the bonus will work out since I find it hard to believe I’m at the top and I see people I don’t even know.

TomC
    @tomc

@chinolatino It’s just a random selection of people out of perhaps thousands around your level. It’s definitely not a global leaderboard.

MVNLA2
    @mvnla2

@eric2203 — I hope you will continue to keep your main post up-to-date.
    Maybe everyone else knows this, but I didn’t:
    Just figured out that mastery is not the same as battle medals. Yes, you get mastery by beating the pirates, but it doesn’t seem to depend on the roll of the reward wheel (much smaller amount of mastery added than number of battle medals gained). Mastery gets added only to the birds in the battle; all get an equal amount. The battle medals seem only to count toward wining the event, and even now, there is no one else on my leaderboard. Hope it stays that way.
    So it appears that the only way to gain mastery quickly is to buy it at the DoJo. Thus you will need lots of snoutlings and LC. LC are as hard to get as ever. And snoutlings may be harder now than before the update. There is a separate forum on where to get snoutlings, but I haven’t really figured out where for the new update.

Anonymous

@mvnla2 If you need Snoutlings go fight the bosses at Desert Pig Castle and Star Reef Castle. They give 100 Snoutlings there.

MVNLA2
    @mvnla2

Does anyone know if the “experience swords” or whatever they are called, increase the mastery, like they used to increase experience? Is experience totally kaput with the new update, or can you still increase in numerical rank to 33?

MVNLA2
    @mvnla2

BTW, the DoJo is offering me +500 mastery for 15 LC for all of Chuck’s classes, and I only have 4.

MVNLA2
    @mvnla2

Data on rewards from battles with pirates:
    * I think the “experience swords work on mastery also, but don’t have definitive proof.
    * Increases in mastery with no experience swords:
    * Big Pirate: 18
    * Captain: 12 (to be verified)
    * Pirate: 6
    * Increases in mastery with experience sword:
    * Captain: 24
    * Snoutlings gained in these battles (pathetic), but vary depending on enemies present:
    * Big Pirate: 10
    * Captain: 5, 6
    * Pirate: TBD
    * I think I have gotten 2 Big Pirates so far today, but wasn’t counting earlier today.
    * Tentative conclusion: If mastery really does double when you have the “experience swords”, you want to make sure you have one when battling the Big Pirate.

Eric2203
    @eric2203

@MVNLA2 Glad you’re finding it useful.

I added info from KillerKea and MVNLA2 in my original post. I’ve also added info about meal rewards and event rewards.

MVNLA2
    @mvnla2

@eric2203 — Not sure I like this result, but:
    Increase in mastery with experience sword:
    Big Pirate: 24 (the same as Captain, what gives?)
    Increase in snoutlings: only 5 — Pretty pathetic. Maybe Pig Pirate was programmed as Captain by mistake? There was one battle yesterday where I got NO increase in mastery. I reported it as a bug. Think I’ll add this one to the list.

MVNLA2
    @mvnla2

Got offer of +1000 mastery for all classes for 75 LC, which I don’t have.

MVNLA2
    @mvnla2

Got 6 mastery points for last battle with Captain, with experience sword! Does it have more to do with stamina than the experience swords? Maybe the experience swords don’t work at all on the pirate battles???

MVNLA2
    @mvnla2

@BirdLeader, @AMSlimfordy, @E-Star, @Sal9 — OK, I’m totally confused about how the increases in mastery work for the pirate battles. Just got an increase of 6 with Captain and no experience swords, but started with 15 stamina!
    So for Captain, I’ve gotten increases of 6 and 24, with no obvious reason for the differences.

Angry Johnny
    @angryjohnny

Maybe it has to be with how many attacks a certain bird does in a battle, and maybe even what kind of attacks? That would make sense in a way that a bird master his/her classes while actually using them. No idea if that is the case though.

Eric2203
    @eric2203

@mvnla2 I don’t think the Mastery is a passive increase during levels. I think it’s a drop. Meaning it’s random. I’ve gone back and forth on that and updated my original post a couple days ago to say it was a drop. By looking carefully, I’ve been able to see something that looks like a silver medal drop from pigs when they die. It’s hard to see in the middle of the pile of experience stars and snoutlings, but I have seen it.

The randomness would explain what you’re seeing.

I don’t think Stamina or Experience swords has anything to do with Mastery. Stamina is a just a currency to enter the event levels. Experience is just that, experience.

MVNLA2
    @mvnla2

Gaah, just won another battle with 0 (zero) increase in mastery against the Captain. This time I had 5 experience swords and strength of 15. Sto maybe @Eric2203 is correct: the increase in mastery is totally random! How awful!

Eric2203
    @eric2203

@mvnla2 You do know it can drop from any level in the game, right? Not just the event battles? I’m only asking because it sounds like you’re only doing event battles.

MVNLA2
    @mvnla2

@Eric2203 — At this point I’m going to see what happens when this event is over. I don’t think I’m going to play lots of random levels hoping for a drop of mastery.

TomC
    @tomc

@mvnla2 I just play a few rounds of Cave 9 Level 9 and always get some mastery there; very very small amounts though, like 90 mastery after playing 18 waves… I think only opponents at your equivalent level or higher give them out. So with 19,999 to get to Level 8 it’s going to take a longgg time unless you spend LC.

Defeating the Poseidon Pig in Maelstrom only gave out 13 Mastery Points.

beaujack
    @beaujack

Well the event is over, now what? Where’s the new event? We are losing sleep here.

beaujack
    @beaujack

Wake up. The corporate swine expect you buy the points.

Home Forums Angry Birds Epic Forum Update 1.1.0 out today

Viewing 25 replies - 26 through 50 (of 78 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.