Up-grade loop – fixed?

Home Forums Angry Birds Transformers Forum Up-grade loop – fixed?

• For those stuck in the up-grade loop, I’ve had a reply from Rovio –

Joonas, Jul 27, 02:41: Hello there,
    and thank you for contacting us!
    I’m sorry to hear that you’ve had issues with the game! However, I have good news! According to my information, the developers have issued a server side fix that should’ve taken care of this upgrading issue. If you’re still encountering problems related to this issue, please get back to us and we will find another solution!
    Sorry for any inconvenience this issue may have caused.
    Best regards,
    Joonas
    Rovio Support Team

However I still can’t get into the Barracks! If this helps anyone please let me know!

Viewing 25 replies - 1 through 25 (of 38 total)
  • Replies
  • Sumit Arora
    @sumitarora15

They might have issued the fix but it might not yet be available for the players and I am sure dere won’t be any new version of this update rather they will pass on the codes which we might see while opening the game in terms of downloading the assets on the loading screen!!
    Fingers crossed!!

Sumit Arora
    @sumitarora15

Haha just now got the same reply like yours!!

Cerpin
    @cerpin

Still nothing…have finally got the 2 new characters and really want to start up-grading them, I forgot how slow Level 1 characters are!

SoloAz
    @soloaz

@cerpin

I have the same “stuck loop” issue, but I did notice that the rank number does go up. The one thing that doesn’t reset are the star counts. Hope that helps. I have continued upgrading and the rank number has continued to increase, as well as the rank title has been changing. Of course, I won’t swear to this, but I think you can still upgrade without fear of losing your rankings—at least that is my thinking. Good luck!

Mad Kat
    @vrinda-rajkumar

I got the exact same reply. The issue is not fixed for me, though. My game still incessantly loops on startup with the progress update message.

Cerpin
    @cerpin

@soloaz its not the ranking that’s a problem, the problem is that myself and others cannot get past the animation showing the completed up-grade – and cannot access the Barracks to up-grade or even heal our bots. Had this problem for over a week now, very infuriating.

SoloAz
    @soloaz

@cerpin

Oh, I gotcha. Yeah, that’s a whole other issue altogether. I took a gamble and saved my progress to FB, then did a fresh install and that seemed to resolve most (but definitely not all) of the crashing/loops/freezes. Although I have heard not everyone has had success with this (some have noted they lost all their progress despite saving to FB), so it’s definitely an “at-your-own-risk” solution.

Cerpin
    @cerpin

@soloaz Yep I’ve tried that! Still not solved, I think its a result of up-dating the app whilst a character was up-grading, am sure it will eventually get fixed. Only upside is that I’ve filled my silo and accumulated 100s of gems, and my Energon Lockdown went straight from level 12 to level 15!

SoloAz
    @soloaz

Only upside is that I’ve filled my silo and accumulated 100s of gems, and my Energon Lockdown went straight from level 12 to level 15!

@cerpin
    , those are definite upsides I could live with! :o)

candicejain
    @candicejain

This is the response I got this morning (it didn’t work):

Joonas, Jul 27, 08:52:
    Hello there,

and thanks for reaching out to us!

I’m sorry to hear that you’ve had problem with the game!
    Unfortunately there is a functional problem with syncing the game progress across Game Center and Facebook. Progress via Game Center overwrites the one through Facebook because signing into Game Center is much earlier than Facebook. If you are using the same Apple ID/Game Center account on all of your iOS devices, then Game Center sets a single progress for all. We have a temporary solution for it until we come up with a permanent one. Please go to Settings on your device >Game Center>Tap on your Apple ID>Sign out. If you linked your game to Facebook before losing your progress, please get back to us with the email address associated with your Facebook account, so that we can try to fetch the backups of your game to restore your progress.

Once your progress is restored, you will need to delete and re-install the game from App Store, play the tutorial until unlocking Bumblebee, then tap on the button with crown on your left-hand side to link the game to Facebook. That should do it!

Sorry for the inconvenience!

Best regards,

Joonas
    Rovio Support Team

Cerpin
    @cerpin

I had another email from Rovio telling me to delete and re-install the app, play until Bumblebee is unlocked and the sync with Facebook. Did this, no success, Lockdown still trapped in the up-grade loop. My query is this:

I play on Iphone, Game Centre is logged off.

I did play on Ipad, have deleted app from here but am still logged on to Game Centre.

If I log Game Centre off on my Ipad, does this make any difference to my Iphone? Are the 2 devices linked in any way?

Any advice would be appreciated!!

candicejain
    @candicejain

I’m stuck in the exact same situation, except it’s Arcee that is trapped in the upgrade loop. If you log out of Game Center, it should log you off on all platforms. I would still make sure you are logged out on both devices, though. I did exactly what you did and I’m still unable to play. I only play on my Iphone. I guess we’re just waiting on a fix from Rovio:(

Cerpin
    @cerpin

Just had another reply, they are initiating a server side fix – not really sure what this means!! But they are keeping me up to date so hopefully this is nearly sorted

Mad Kat
    @vrinda-rajkumar

@cerpin, seems like another standard response. I got it too.

Hello again,

Sorry for the long reply time, we’ve been investigating possible reasons for the crashing issue that still persists with some of our users, including you. Unfortunately I have to ask you to be patient just a little longer, we’ve now submitted a server-side fix to the distributors and this fix should take care of this nagging and frustrating issue.

I hope that you’re able to stretch your patience a little bit thinner, we’re working extremely hard to get the game operating again. My deepest apologies that this issue is still ongoing. I understand that telling you that this issue has mostly been resolved for majority of users, won’t make you feel any better but I hope that it will give you enough confidence to believe that we will see this thing through and get you back to playing the game that you obviously like very much. Would it be okay with you, if we get back to you once the server-side fix has been released?

Sorry for any inconvenience this issue has caused, we will do everything in our power to make this up for you.

Best regards,

Joonas
    Rovio Support Team’

DawniJeann
    @dawni-criswell

I received same replay (more or less) as @vrinda-rajkumar from Joonas for my Boot Crash issue that started 3 days after last update.

Dbirdy
    @dawnlucas

To bad “”Joonas”” can’t come up with a fix instead of excuses.
    What has it been 8-9 days already

Wollabille
    @wollabille

Same mail I got earlier. This is aggravating.. I hope they fix it soon

Both on iPad and iPhone.
    Just hope we don’t loose anything

Wollabille
    @wollabille

Same mail I got earlier. This is aggravating.. I hope they fix it soon

Both on iPad and iPhone.
    Just hope we don’t loose anything

Sumit Arora
    @sumitarora15

The upgrade loop stuck is now over over for me, previously from 4 days I was stuck with the Grey Slam Grimlock upgrade bug but today when I opened the game it took a few minutes to load was downloading some assets and after entering the game Grimlock upgrade was fixed and now I can upgrade my other transformers with gems without any difficulty.

Cerpin
    @cerpin

@sumitarora15 lucky you! I’ve had another email from Rovio saying the server fix is still being done…so annoying as the two new TFs are still at level 1

Mad Kat
    @vrinda-rajkumar

Thanks for letting us know @sumitarora15. I am still stuck but I see a ray of hope now tht your issue is resolved.

Stor1
    @storchenegger-richard

I tried Joonas advice.
    iPhone sits back on level 3 no way to sync again.
    iPad stays on home screen 100%. No way to get in again!

Cerpin
    @cerpin

Just had a big download of new assets…was it a fix? No just a gem sale! Got my hopes up for nothing!

Wollabille
    @wollabille

Last mail i got from them was.

Joonas, Jul 30, 02:20:
    Hello there Nicolas,

At the moment there are no compensation plans at works regarding this issue, but we will look into the possibility of having one of those! I’m sorry that you have to wait, but releasing an update, even if it’s a server-side update, usually takes time and we are not talking about minutes or hours, since sometimes it takes days. But don’t worry, it won’t be long before the update is released!

Sorry for the inconvenience.

Best regards,

Joonas
    Rovio Support Team

I asked if they coulndt compensate now that we cant play this game. This is totally bullshit now..

Cerpin
    @cerpin

I agree it’s a total pain, but use the time to build up gems, coins etc. my silo is full, i have 15 million coins, 190k pigs and 1200 gems – have a look at the very helpful spreadsheets showing how to use the pig laboratory to make plenty of gems, bit of a tedious task but I’ve used it to make over 700 gems in a week

Home Forums Angry Birds Transformers Forum Up-grade loop – fixed?

Viewing 25 replies - 1 through 25 (of 38 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.