Rovio do something about cheaters

Home Forums Angry Birds 2 Forum Rovio do something about cheaters

• GCheckout the screen captures of MUSICBAND the clan we are battling in CvC. How is it possible with a Star Rank of 23 to have a Flock Power of 721 without spending thousands of dollars on gems. No player in their player lineup is listed as a leader or co-leader. I’ve reported this to Rovio I hope they do the right thing.

Toaster Oven,

Leader of Breaking Beaks.

Viewing 24 replies - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)
  • Replies
  • Yue
    @yue-zhang

Music Band
    Bacon Buster

Clan Blacklist in record.

ccanis
    @ccanis

@toasteroven

if you want the cheaters to be gone from the clan battle just go to page

rov.io/support

then go to ‘Submit a request’ button, choose a game (AB2) and fill up EVERY box, including:

1) Description – ask for ban for these players and erasure of their score from scoresheet

2) Message topic – choose ‘Report abusive content or behaviour’

3) don’t forget to attach screenshots – there is limit for attachments (probably 3) so remember to list names of all cheaters in ‘Description’ box

After few hours cheaters will be erased :)

Good playing and enjoying the game

Toaster Oven
    @toasteroven

I took your advice and placed a help request with Rovio. We are a new clan (Breaking Beaks) with eight members hoping to grow. All of my clan members are quite discouraged (and rightfully so) with the cheaters. We talk on clan chat often and their biggest concern is all of the spells that we have all used in this clan battle that could end up being waisted. Our  entire clan was well placed on the scoreboard for more that a day before the cheaters appeared. I’m doing my best to assure my clan that I’m trying to correct this problem.  I’m hoping the Rovio corrects this problem before the clan battle ends. My biggest concern is that I might lose members due to this problem. ccanis  I greatly appreciate that you took the time to help our clan.

Sincerely,

Toaster Oven.

Piggy
    @bobbycleveland

Yes

Birdy Thrower
    @birdythrower

They have done nothing over the last two years, or very little. Worth flagging but Good luck

Birdy
    @birdythunder

Russian cheaters with max or near-max flock power are a regular occurrence in clan vs. clan. Russian cheaters dominate in the game and “own” Rovio. “Suckers” spend good money on gems to play honestly and support the game and Russian cheaters take delight in their humiliation in clan vs clan. Seriously, Rovio has not done the work to even begin to turn back this nauseating state of affairs of cheaters running roughshod over honest, paying players. The problem is that the Rovio is technically incompetent to provide the game integrity that their paying customers deserve. Expect nothing to change! Rovio will give you “lip service” if you complain. I’ve temporarily stopped buying gems and will let them know that this is in protest.

Toaster Oven
    @toasteroven

Birdy,

Your reply to “Rovio Do Something About Cheaters “ was very well said. I have a open request with Rovio that I included screen captures that show undeniable cheaters . As you stated I will probably just receive the standard lip service. I will post my response from Rovio on the forum.

Toaster Oven.

desperados
    @serkann

cheaters will rule and cheaters will have the top ranks but you can do noting about it you only have to watch as the cheaters get advantage of everything.

ryan-kochie
    @ryan-kochie

I think if we band together we can do something about it. Rovio is acting. Keep reporting, find out how they do what they do and send in glitch reports, help Rovio get it fixed. I know last update saw a few exploits finally fixed, I hope they keep going. But they need to get on top of the banning, so many so easily visible every day is really demoralizing.

Birdy
    @birdythunder

@ryan-kochie , true, we must keep reporting suspicious players, and keep up the complaints to Rovio to express our dissatisfaction with cheaters running rampant on the platform. Even though it may feel like we’re p*ssing in the wind, we must remain proactive. Thank you for the motivating reminder. :)

Toaster Oven
    @toasteroven

This is the response I received from Rovio. They are asking me to send screenshots. All of the screenshots are in my original request for help and they appear in the reply from  Rovio as well. They don’t care about cheaters, and they don’t care about honest players.

Toaster Oven.

Thomas (Rovio Entertainment Corporation)
    Feb 20, 15:17 EET

Hello Ericr5,

Thanks for contacting us.

My name is Thomas and I will answer your inquiry.

We are aware of the issue and are working hard to block the cheaters and hackers.

We understand that the cheaters take the fun out of the game and are unfair to the honest players who have spent time and maybe even money to advance in the game. We are working consistently to get them out of your game as soon as possible.

Please send us a screenshot of your leaderboard if you see a player that you suspect may be cheating.

If you require any further assistance, we will be glad to help you. We hope this inquiry won’t impede your enjoyment of the game too much and we all wish you a very happy day!

Best regards,

Thomas
    Rovio Support Team

More about Rovio
    Newsletter – http://rov.io/rovionews
    Facebook – http://www.facebook.com/RovioEntertainment
    Twitter – http://twitter.com/Rovio
    http://www.rovio.com

Ericr5
    Ericr5
    Feb 16, 18:07 EET

I’m the leader of Breaking Beaks. We are currently in a battle with a clan that has no leader and their Flock Power appears was gained by cheating Rovio.

Attachment(s)
    E6C46BC0-3F00-4767-AD91-B847C27BDBD9.png
    FD1E53F0-BD29-4870-85CD-A1FE3A67AC09.png
    CDF15BA3-3403-418E-BFAA-950F832DC15A.png
    4DB4FD01-12F7-4411-8E6B-AB98B5707EB3.png

Birdy
    @birdythunder

@toasteroven

That’s Rovio’s “standard issue” response. At first it seems very encouraging. Then you realize that the players in question (AKA cheaters) are going about their merry way, still in the game.

Not sure if Rovio actually has a plan to turn back the tide of cheaters.

Piggsy
    @piggsy

People, there is simple solution. Stop playing this game, don’t waste your energy, don’t waste your money and don’t waste your precious time. They don’t treat us honestly.

primetechie
    @primetechie

Rovio has already fixed the problem in last update, now all data is safe on the cloud.

Birdy
    @birdythunder

It’s yet to be seen if Rovio’s last update will turn back the tide of cheaters.

cognitive
    @cognitive

we encountered an entire Russian clan that was basically cloned. Everyone flock strength in the 500’s to 600’s and star ranking in the 40’s. Every one of them. We got our clock cleaned needless to say, but it really upset a lot of people in our clan.

They were not all 690+ 40-star miracles, but they were all careful to stay within a very narrow range of strength and star rank, And needless to say they scored near identical scores. Our good players took the first few spots but they won the midrange by miles and miles, since our clan is more spread out in terms of flock strength.

Pity tho, it’s just a game.

Yue
    @yue-zhang

The most shameless clan I have seen is, Bacon Buster

12 clones with different name + 6 unused clones
    renamed clones are all with almost max power.
    6 clones are at star level 7 and power level 10.
    one of the renamed clone, with a starting power 721 then drop to star level 1 and power1, and soon goes up to power level 749.

Well played, Bacon. You guys really play Rovio well but still, are a group of shameless people

Yue
    @yue-zhang

That’s why we love to play with abdp-1.
    Though we lose, we are happily fighting.

Birdy
    @birdythunder

The problem is getting worse.

Birdy
    @birdythunder

Rovio’s stock tanked last week, dropping 50%. The company is forecasting lower revenues in advance of its earnings report. I WONDER WHY???

First, cheaters are obviously proliferating on the platform of (what I imagine is) their most lucrative game, AB2.

Second, honest paying players complain to Rovio to do something about it!  Rovio gives them lip service, but little else.  Meanwhile the cheaters are exploding in number on the platform.  Rovio completely fumbles reducing their ranks.  In fact the opposite is true.  They are multiplying like crazy.

Third, the honest paying players, discouraged by Rovio’s inaction  and frustrated by cheaters getting way ahead in the game, spend less on gems.

Rovio typically bites the hand that feeds it (paying players) and rolls of the welcome mat for the swarms of cheaters.

Is it a surprise, therefore that Rovio’s stock just dropped 50%?  If Rovio continues its inaction, giving its paying players only lip service with regard to this plague of cheaters, their revenues will probably drop further as players buy fewer gems.

Piggsy
    @piggsy

You know what, I hope that Rovio soon will bunkrupt. This is my biggest wish.

primetechie
    @primetechie

Rovio is earning a lot this is just a financial gimmick. Rovio earns major chunk  from advertisers  and videos. Remaining is just a side / additional income which they earn through players, hence if you don’t pay it really won’t make any difference to the multimillion company as players income is not primarily source of income for them.

ryan-kochie
    @ryan-kochie

Why we love playing with you as well from 01. Lately seems every battle we start off worrying if they will cheat or not, clone or not, with the nest we know we’re in for a good honest battle, win or lose at least we can actually enjoy the game.

cognitive
    @cognitive

true that, advertising seems to have picked up remarkably. So they are making money. There was a period of a year almost that all ads were Rovio internal ads i.e. no revenue. Now all external.

Home Forums Angry Birds 2 Forum Rovio do something about cheaters

Viewing 24 replies - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.