New Event: Super Villains of Piggy Island

Home Forums Angry Birds Epic Forum New Event: Super Villains of Piggy Island

• A new event has showed up with a countdown: Screenshot_2016-01-18-18-12-36.png

Viewing 25 replies - 1 through 25 (of 102 total)
  • Replies
  • Anonymous

Wow @angryjohnny you’re very fast :D

Anonymous

This puts even a new pig. So this event will bring every single villain from Piggy Island (plus that Foreman with BBQ) into an event?!?

pizzaferret
    @pizzaferret

That poster for the event looks awesome

tinostar11
    @tinostar11

I wonder how they’re going do this. They could have used this for a New Head Gear event.

Mp127
    @mp127

Wow, that’s look fantastic. I’ve hope that will be best event overall. More than 5 classes and strategies to prepare, something new :)

Angry Johnny
    @angryjohnny

Just for those that wonders; the new Blues’ class event will not be until February so we have about a month left until then.

MVNLA2
    @mvnla2

@donewithpigs — Are you calling the guy in the blue hat (top right) the foreman with barbecue? Looks more like a pirate captain with cheese on his sword.

@mp127
    — What do you mean by “more than 5 classes and strategies?”

Mp127
    @mp127

@mvnla2 Simply it will be funny to try many strategies and classes to handle various types of pigs which are coming. As we already don’t know which pigs are in combination, one level may need totally different classes than second, third etc. (At least I think that’s way the event will go.)

Elemento93
    @elemento93

@angryjohnny Hey man, that means that we have to wait until February to have back the old and cool 100% working Druid?

Btw, hoping this event would last for a week. No just 3 days and a crappy 1000 mastery points as the final prize..

Pointless
    @pointless

I wouldn’t think so…updates often precede these new events so we may see one in the next few days…only speculation of course, but I also don’t think Rovio would subject us to the Santa launch icon all the way into February

Atom
    @atom

Rovio did say that there would be an update in January to fix the shard vs FE issue when scrapping old set items. So Druid will probably be fixed with that.

MistyMissChristie
    @mistychristie

I haven’t seen this yet….was this shown in the game as previous event announcements have been? If so it wasn’t on mine.

Angry Johnny
    @angryjohnny

@elemento93 As other people already have stated; no it does not mean that, Rovio usually sends out about 1 update per month for Epic even if they do not have a major event going on. And they have already stated that they are aiming for a January update that fixes the Druid issue.

@mistychristie
    Yes, the event should show up in the game as “Coming soon” as other events have in the past.

GrauGeist
    @graugeist

If there is a stamina cost, I’m sticking with my Power Team of Wizard, Sea Dog & Spies, and not deviating unless they somehow fail. One strategy, no experimentation. Bring the biggest, bluntest hammer and just pound away.

Jadedbacon
    @jadedbacon

So will it be similar to other “invasion” type events (where the pigs randomly show up over the map) or like the class based events where there’s a new map and there’s some form of progression? I’m guessing it’s going to be “invasion” style, but how are the groups going to be split up? Based off of the artwork, that’s a lot of different types of pigs to fit into 1 fight. Probably wave based maybe?

Pointless
    @pointless

@jadedbacon I too would think that invasion style is what we should expect. Wave format also seems to be the way these events have been set up, with Easy/Medium/Hard being 1/2/3 waves respectively. Given the sheer number of enemies shown on the poster, I would also guess that we will see a mix, either wave to wave or more likely in each wave. Only a few hours and we will know…

JJAtelier
    @vinnieb00

Hey everyone, I’m planning on uploading future video content related to ABE and this is my initial thoughts video on the Super Villains of Piggy Island Event. Totally exciting stuff!

Jadedbacon
    @jadedbacon

@vinnieb00 thanks for taking the time to do this. I’ll watch it when i’m at a computer that has sound!

@pointless
    That’s what I was thinking on how this event will be, just another hour or so.

Kinda see what they’re doing, maybe one last epic invasion event before something big happens. Still hopeful for something big after the Blues get their newest class/season 5 ending.

Jim151
    @jim151

Just played my first battles. There appears to be some randomness in who shows up in those battles, and it’s impossible to tell who will until you start. Prince Porky showed up in one of my 3 stamina battles, and I was unprepared for a dodge enemy, so it took forever to finish him off. the three ghost pigs revived 3 times during the battle. the upside though, is that he dropped a lot of snouts. Didn’t notice exactly how much, 50 or 100. Best to have one class that can effectively hit the dodge enemies on hand.

JJAtelier
    @vinnieb00

@jim151 Makes alot of sense. I was sceptical when all I saw were Darth vadars and Barbecue captains scattered but it seems it would be alot of effort trying to include every kind of pig on screen.

For myself, I encountered a few nasty bugs. I initially tried the 5 stamina but then the battlefield appeared completely blank with the main theme still playing in the background, causing the entire game to freeze.

There’s also another nasty glitch when you check the event board but I’ll have screenies and a vid up for clarification up sometime in the weekend.

Anonymous

Event has been very buggy for me so far. Most of the event enemy icons that appear on my map don’t actually allow me to start a battle, and one loaded a battle where no birds or pigs appear, so I had to restart the app. Luckily that didn’t cause me to forfeit the stakina drinks I entered the battle with though.

The two battles I did play:
    – Medium difficulty: One wave, Pirate captain and two white hunter drones. (I love the drone cave, so I’m happy to see these guys making another appearance.) Won easily, three stars.
    – High difficulty: One wave, Wizpig from SRC, pirate captain, and several additional pirate variants (matey was one, i forget the other names, all were immune to spells). I got killed pretty quickly!

Used Paladin, Princess and Tricksters for both battles. All three are M9. Used dragon set for red, honey set for matil, and artillery set for the blues. Will have to figure out a better team to use if I try another High Difficulty battle, but prob won’t even try unless my leaderboard turns out to be non-competitive.

XELnaga
    @xelnaga

Same for me. Trying to play 2 times. Blank battfield and then freeze. Another broken event from Rovio.

Pam Jonery
    @pam-jonery

I DID lose my stamina drinks, twice, when starting the medium difficulty battles. I’ve played two of the easy battles with no problems but because it sucked up 10 of my stamina drinks on two battles I didn’t get to play, now I’ve no drinks left. Guess I’ll be avoiding the 500-point battles until they’ve fixed it.

Jadedbacon
    @jadedbacon

From what you’ve described so far @poptimus a power setup would probably work out alright. Red with Dragon/Wizard with TLightning/Spies with Beep would take care of most groups easily. Someone mentioned Prince Porkly, guess that could take awhile, but still manageable imho.

How do these events get released with so many bugs? Is it a hardware issue where Rovio is using some emulator to test the events and it doesn’t work the same on actual phones?

It’s just surprising that these Invasion events have been going on for well over a year and we still have bugs.

ChuckWizard2016
    @leonardocsm2016

Cant open the medium battles. And what are the items to collect?

Home Forums Angry Birds Epic Forum New Event: Super Villains of Piggy Island

Viewing 25 replies - 1 through 25 (of 102 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.