New Event – For the pirate king (Closed; Ended)

Home Forums Angry Birds Epic Forum New Event – For the pirate king (Closed; Ended)

• Finally a new event! What do you expect from this upcoming event?

Viewing 25 replies - 1 through 25 (of 80 total)
  • Replies
  • burbman
    @burbman

Pirate King again? I do not have notification of this one. Probably very similar to the last one.

MadMike
    @madmike

@peeze – You mean old event again? This was the 1st one. Rovio is already out of ideas so they copy-paste events…

iPad
    @peeze

I’m from Italy. A notification appeared a few minutes ago…

I’m not able to post a picture with tinypic… What should i do? I’d like to share a screenshot of the event

Angry Johnny
    @angryjohnny

Picture of the upcomming event: Screenshot_2014-12-03-19-34-19.png

KillerKea
    @killerkea

Having an event repeated is much better than not having an event at all. These events are an easy way to gain a lot of mastery for free. It would be nice if one of the awards on the wheel was something like choose a set item or +100 to your rainbow. That would motivate me to compete more in the event.

iPad
    @peeze

It’s a really nice idea! Hope rovio adds something new

Mishatje
    @mishatje

I agree with @Kkillerkea. Having an event repeated is better than not having one at all. I enjoy events a lot. Does anyone have any tips on how to defeat this Pirate King fast and easy?

MadMike
    @madmike

@killerkea,@mishatje – True that. But they should have started it immediately after the last event ended (max 2 days later) since players who have all stars and lvl 7,8,9 birds have nothing to do.

burbman
    @burbman

@madmike – if there is always an “event”, then there is really never an event. Much more fun to anticipate the next one. That said, looks like I am going to miss the first few hours of this one as I will be at my company’s holiday party. Also unless all of your birds are level 10, you can still work on building up their mastery through game play and the dojo.

burbman
    @burbman

@mishatje – Pirates are generally immune to effects, so a good line up will include your heaviest hitters. Preferably with a multiple attack bird or two in there for extra oomph.

KillerKea
    @killerkea

@mishatje Because many pigs have immunity the best team would probably be Wizard, Spies and Sea Dog. You’d have the Sea Dog use Gang Up on Spies, then have Spies attack the Pirate King, then have your Wizard use the golden chili. That would take out all or almost all the enemies in the first round.

iPad
    @peeze

Instead of sea dog i’m going to use paladin with dragon set. Not everyone has (or can afford) sea dog

marioandsonic
    @marioandsonic

I’m fine with them repeating the events…as long as they don’t bring back the zombie ones.

I hate zombie enemies so much in this game.

ToothGnasher
    @toothgnasher

At this point, all I’ve got left to do is to finish Cave 13 and/or level up my birds to 10 as of today, all my birds are 9 or better… It’s good this is a Pirates, not ninja event. Once your birds pass level 7 you have to forge or use weak weapons or they are too strong to use to attack the ninjas.

@peeze
    I spent enough $ to get the Paladin and Bard (good investments). It wasn’t until my account was nerfed and I was given Lucky Coins as compensation that I was able to get SeaDog, Skulkers and Thunderbird. Of the three, Skulkers is the best investment. I’ll gladly explain why in a separate thread.

marioandsonic
    @marioandsonic

@toothgnasher

Skulkers are the best when fighting Ninjas, especially when paired with Rainbird and Druid.

KerrAvon
    @kerravon

Does anyone else have the notification – or is it just @peeze and @angryjohnny? I haven’t seen anything. It could just be a test run before the main event.

darkprince0521
    @darkprince0521

I too got the notification at least 7 hours ago. The same notification.

dr_ishmael
    @dr_ishmael

@burbman Pirates also throw around a bunch of effects – poison and damage reduction on your birds, counter-attack on themselves – so I usually bring Tricksters because they can both cleanse and dispel.

Princess (cleanse) and Capt’n (dispel) is normally a good pair too, especially since the pirates are immune to Princess’s attack-focusing effect. But in this event, the tier 3 battle makes the pigs’ effects unremovable, which makes Capt’n useless.

Nytmair
    @nytmair

@kerravon I had the event countdown pop up a day or two ago.. on Android.

pkstl
    @paulknappstl

1,500 Mastery for all birds is top prize on spin wheel? Lame.

tinostar11
    @tinostar11

Event is live, here are the fight cost and the Special Rules about each one

3 Stamina Fight: Can’t use Matilda
    5 Stamina Fight: Can’t use Red
    7 Stamina fight: Pig’s Helpful Effects are not Removable

DuncTK421
    @dunctk421

Player on my leaderboard less than a minute in event with +4,000 points. Yea…

GrauGeist
    @graugeist

Eh. I’ll play a little bit, but I don’t care as long as I get Top 3.

AMslimfordy
    @amslimfordy

@dunctk421 This has already been discussed. Those are “inner-circle” individuals who beta-test the event beforehand. There is nothing malicious.

KerrAvon
    @kerravon

@amslimfordy I wasn’t sure whether that was confirmed or not. I understood that Rovio were still concerned about cheating on the events. Have you had official feedback on the matter?

I don’t have any unexplained high scores on my leaderboard this time.

Home Forums Angry Birds Epic Forum New Event – For the pirate king (Closed; Ended)

Viewing 25 replies - 1 through 25 (of 80 total)
  • The topic ‘New Event – For the pirate king (Closed; Ended)’ is closed to new replies.