New Event – For the pirate king (Closed; Ended)

Home Forums Angry Birds Epic Forum New Event – For the pirate king (Closed; Ended)

Viewing 25 replies - 51 through 75 (of 80 total)
  • Replies
  • GrauGeist
    @graugeist

The real issue is getting worthless potions. ALL rewards should be mastery.

I could play for 1st, but it’s not worth it when you can spin potions.

Change the potions to +500 to all, and I’d reconsider.

If the likely payoff stays bad, maybe I’ll just sit the next one out.

MVNLA2
    @mvnla2

@graugeist — The potions aren’t totally useless unless you assume there won’t be another event, but they certainly are a real booby-prize. 500 mastery for all sounds like a great idea.

Anonymous

@graugeist @mvnla2 I think the 500 mastery for all is great too! Although I’m with @graugeist on the potion thing. Most people have hundreds of Stamina Drinks so they are KINDA useless.

MVNLA2
    @mvnla2

@Partshade @graugeist — Maybe that’s the big difference. I have enough FE that I can re-roll, so don’t have all that many stamina drinks. I also tend to only play the hardest or medium levels; very rarely play the easy ones. I have actually ended up using FE to make stamina drinks, which I assume you never do.

GrauGeist
    @graugeist

Even with re-roll, I still got a bad result (Potions).

I don’t need potions – that’s not why I play.

Anonymous

@mvnla2 You assumed right! I actually use as many Stamina Drinks as I need just to get 1st place! Snoutlings are way better even if it’s just a few. I have never crafted any drinks in my life and don’t want to. Even thought I have about 250 FE I’m still very fond of them.

MVNLA2
    @mvnla2

@partshade — I still have 266 FE, but I admit I started with 428, plus got a few during the event. That’s the problem with keeping track. I didn’t realize I used so many! Maybe the next event I just stay a little ahead of the person in 2nd or 3rd. The difference in snoutlings is not that important.

GrauGeist
    @graugeist

How is it possibly worth spending FE for 1st vs 3rd when the silver payoff is so poor?

Sure, it’s a guaranteed extra few silver, but it’s far worse than spending the same FE to re-spin a Daily Dungeon for 200+ silver. And it’s no like you don’t still get 3 prizes on the wheel.

Anonymous

@graugeist When ya got enough of it there’s no reason to hold back ;).

GrauGeist
    @graugeist

I suppose if you’re already max on your dungeon payouts, why not?

KerrAvon
    @kerravon

@mvnla2 @partshade @graugeist
    I am not sure you have analysed the post of @trulsnert from the necromancer thread. I have copied the post below.

“Did some quick napkin math to check which of the three battles that are the most profitable.
    Assuming you have a lot of friends and a steady income of FE and can reroll the wheels for the best payout: big score+small score+stamina drink.
    It seems like they all have equal payout.

F.ex: to obtain 8100 points
    Easy: 250+20+stamina. Need 30 battles to get the score. That’s a total use of 90 drinks and 30 drinks from prices= 60 used drinks.
    Medium: 500+40+Stamina. Need 15 battles. 75 total drinks used and 15 drinks in return from prices= 60 used drinks.
    Hard: 750+60+stamina. Need 10 battles. 70 total drinks used and 10 drinks in return from prices= 60 used drinks.”

So in conclusion, if you have a lot of FE, it doesn’t matter what battle you play.”

These calculations are based on the assumption (which I am pretty sure is correct) that the best return comes from taking the maximum medal prize plus a stamina drink. The stamina drinks earned go towards extra battles.

You can choose to get the maximum number of medals from the rewards wheel at the expense of a stamina drink. However giving up the stamina drink means you fight fewer battles and this ultimately leads to fewer medals. For example, the maximum medal reward from the easy battle is 285 (250+15+20). If you spend the 60 stamina drinks (you don’t get the extra 30 from the rewards), you get 20 battles, which gives you a total of 5,700 medals. This is much less than the 8,100 medals you would get if you took the stamina drinks. The decrease is not as great for the medium and hard battles.

What does this mean?
    Firstly, the maximum return is from the highest medal reward plus a stamina drink.
    Secondly, if you want to spend FE, you are better off to fight the harder battles. This is because, in this example, you only have 10 of the hard battles – and hence 10 reward wheels to get in the right position.

These calculations of course change if you don’t spend the earned stamina drinks.

I think that Rovio have put considerable thought into the rewards wheels. They have probably tried to equalize things so that players with birds at lower experience levels, who may not be able to win the difficult battles, can compete on leader boards.

iPad
    @peeze

Interesting informations, but he forgot to add that every battle (Easy(E), Mid (M), Hard (H)) requires power, and things change a little. Assuming what our friend has written is correct (i’ve checked), every battle brings to the same prizes. But…

-(E) requires 3 power bins on a max of 15: 1350 points is the max you can obtain (270*5)
    -(M) requires 5 power bins on a max of 15: 1620 points is the max you can obtain (540*3)
    -(H) requires 7 power bins on a max of 15: 1620 points is the max you can obtain (810*2)

So… M and H battles are the best but H is better because you still have 1 power.

Really sorry for my bad english, i tried to do my best.

KerrAvon
    @kerravon

@peeze
    What you have not understood is that from those 5 easy battles you have 5 new stamina drinks which you can use immediately. You just have to wait 15 min and you have 1 more stamina drink, which is enough (5 + 1) for 2 new battles (another 540 medals).
    For the medium battle you have 3 new stamina drinks, and have to wait 30 min for another 2 stamina drinks – enough for another battle.

This pattern will average out over time so that the returns from the battles are the same.

iPad
    @peeze

Hope this helps… Best reward is E=250+20+1stamina M=500+40+2stamina H=750+60+3stamina
    So:

KerrAvon
    @kerravon

@peeze The number of stamina potions earned from each battle (easy, medium or hard) is only 1. The earlier events offered more stamina potions. The necromancer and the pirate events only offered 1 stamina potion for all battles.

The prizes are
    E=250+20+1 stamina potion
    M=500+40+1 stamina potion
    H=750+60+1 stamina potion

iPad
    @peeze

Thanks, i fixed it:

KillerKea
    @killerkea

Here’s a simple summary. There is no need to use any stamina or essence for any event. If you are a active player, you will easily finish in the top 3.

I finished #1 in every event by a large margin. In every event, I could have had 1/4 to 1/3 of my score and still finish in the top 3 every time. My strategy is to try to check in about every 3 hours to buy training at the dojo and do a few battles during the event, but of the potential 96 stamina you get per day I lost 40/day since I wasn’t too active. I spent 3-5 stamina potions/day not because I needed to, but because I liked fighting the tough battles when I saw them. For most people the medium battle in this event is by far the best since not everyone will always 3 star the hard or make it through without using consumables.

GrauGeist
    @graugeist

KK has it right. You should not need to use stamina or FE for the events. Just play the game every few hours and you’ll finish Top 3 for 3 prizes.

In my case, I play Mediums and Easy because they are quicker – Golden Chili and maybe mop up a little.

But no need to ever convert resources or FE or respin. Just take what you get, and let the potions stockpile. If you don’t like it, play another game and burn into the stockpile.

Definitely don’t waste potions on an event.

KerrAvon
    @kerravon

@peeze I hope you notice that the times are coming back to be closer. But you still have have the extra stamina drinks left over at the end. For the easy battle, that is 5 extra stamina drinks. If you used the stamina from the winnings, you can save yourself at least 45 minutes waiting for the last 3 stamina drinks, bringing the time back to 705 min. But there are stamina drinks left over from each battle type.

Using this method gets confusing in the last round. If you look at the original post, you need to consume 60 stamina drinks (15 from the start and 45 that you get from waiting for accumulation over time) You get 15 drinks in 225 min, so the final time will be 3 x 225 = 675 min.

KerrAvon
    @kerravon

@killerkea @graugeist This is not an exercise to show the most effective way to win the event. I was hoping to find out how even the rewards gained from playing the easy, medium and hard levels were if you did not use FE to re-spin the rewards wheel.

The position with the highest medals with one stamina drink looks like it is even. The same with the position at the opposite side of the wheel.

But the positions on the rewards wheel where you take only medals do favour players who play the harder battles – I think by about 5% over the medium level and 30% over the easy level. The rest of the wheel also favours those who play the hard battles, but only by a small margin.

I agree with you that the best approach is to be attentive and play frequently. But there is some benefit from playing the harder levels. And this is mainly because of the positions on the wheel where you only take medals. However, I do believe the rewards on the wheels and the stamina costs for battles have been designed to even things out between the experienced and the newer players – so they can compete on the leaderboards.

I would suggest that if you need potions to play the hard battles, then you may as well play the medium battles, as the difference in rewards is not that great.

burbman
    @burbman

My math is coming in at exactly the same return over time for all three battle types, assuming a 1/8 chance of each potential wheel spin for each battle, and the use of any potions received to speed up the time to play the next battle. I guess the only other variable to consider when choosing would be the need for use of consumables on the harder battles, and the corresponding Mastery/Snoutlings/Experience earned in each battle type.

GrauGeist
    @graugeist

@kerravon – Oh, I agree there is a slight advantage to playing the harder levels, but not significantly so, especially if your intent is to burn through 15+ points. I looked at the clock impact, and saw that I can do 3x Mediums faster than 5x Easy faster than 2x Hard, for essentially similar net payout, so that informed my strategy. Then it was a question of whether to re-spin, and for that, I decided it wouldn’t be worth it, either, preferring to save re-spins for the final wheel at the end of the event.

KerrAvon
    @kerravon

@burbman If you look at the positions on the awards wheel that give maximum payouts and take 105 stamina drinks to pay for battles (to give a whole number amount of spins for each wheel).

Easy (250+20+15) = 285 medals, with 35 battles (3×35=105 stamina drinks) = 9,975 medals
    Med (500+40+30) = 570 medals, with 21 battles (5×21=105 stamina drinks) = 11,970 medals
    Hard (750+60+45) = 855 medals, with 15 battles (7×15=105 stamina drinks) = 12,825 medals

Unfortunately you can’t do the same simple calculations for all positions around the rewards wheel. The stamina drink prize really complicates things. But it is hard to see any position on the wheel that would favour the easy battles.

Of course, I am no mathematician, and I am sure there is a better and more exact way to compare the rewards for the different level battles.

KerrAvon
    @kerravon

@burbman I would say, if you are looking to win, and have strong competition, then the best way is to take the hard battles, get 3 stars and use FE to re-spin to get max medals.

I have never had much FE, so this doesn’t work for me. My preference has been to play frequently, fight the easy and medium battles and not re-spin the rewards wheel. In the necromancer event, I only fought a couple of the frankenpig battles, because I generally needed potions.

In the pirate event, I had the golden chilli and could get through the hard battles relatively easy. But I really only fought the hard battle to try out some of the high damage strategies put forth recently. I mostly stuck to the easy and medium battles because my competition was not strong and I wanted to build my stockpile of stamina drinks.

burbman
    @burbman

@kerravon – I use the same approach you do in practice, and have taken first place on my board in each event so far. Here are my calcs for the three battle types

Start with 15 stamina
    Use energy drinks to play additional battles

easy battle:
    Spin 270 medals +1 energy drink each time
    Battle 1 – 270 medals, 12 Stamina, 1 energy Drink
    Battle 2 – 540 medals, 9 stamina, 2 energy drinks
    Battle 3 – 810 medals, 6 stamina, 3 energy drinks
    Battle 4 – 1080 medals, 3 stamina, 4 energy drinks
    Battle 5 – 1350 medals, 0 stamina, 5 energy drinks
    Battle 6 – 1620 medals, 0 stamina, 3 energy drinks
    Battle 7 – 1890 medals, 0 stamina, 1 energy drinks

Medium Battle
    Spin 540 medals +1 energy drink each time, play easy battle when not enough energy for med.
    Battle 1 – 540 medals, 10 stamina, 1 energy drink
    Battle 2 – 1080 medals, 5 stamina, 2 energy drinks
    Battle 3 – 1620 medals, 0 stamina, 3 energy drinks
    Battle 4 – Easy – 1890 medals, 0 stamina, 1 energy drinks

Hard Battle
    Spin 810 medals +1 energy drink each time, play easy battle when not enough energy for hard or med
    Battle 1 – 810 medals, 8 stamina, 1 energy drink
    Battle 2 – 1620 medals, 1 stamina, 2 energy drinks
    Battle 3 – Easy – 1890 medals, 0 stamina, 1 energy drinks

All three approaches yield 1,890 medals

Repeat every 3:45 until event ends.

Home Forums Angry Birds Epic Forum New Event – For the pirate king (Closed; Ended)

Viewing 25 replies - 51 through 75 (of 80 total)
  • The topic ‘New Event – For the pirate king (Closed; Ended)’ is closed to new replies.