Viewing 6 replies - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Replies
  • Mighty Red
    @mighty-red-1

I agree with all the things except for the Blizzard spell. Personally, I don’t get why people are complaining about this spell. This spell is a killer combo with birds like the Blues or Terence in cases where there are wood and/or stone structures lined up. Not to mention it helps in significantly filling the destructometer because ice blocks break easily.

Anonymous

sparty83
    @sparty83

@partshade,
    Add me to that list of long time players who have given up on AB2. Each update is worse than the previous version. Updates are supposed to make things better, not so much worse like in AB2. (too many to list and they have been brought to the attention of Rovio, so no need to beat a dead horse).
    I don’t have a problem with Rovio wanting to make money with In-App-Purchases, but with AB2, it just so blatant. When a company relies on IAP for their game to succeed, they have already failed.

Anonymous

kedik22
    @kedik22

@partshade

Rovio´s moral incompetence is making be think I might as well drop this game.
    Have not been paying serious attention to the arena for weeks.

It is just a shame to see such a great game going down the drain.

Anyway…

RizDub
    @rizdub

I’ve said this before, and I’ll say it again.

My biggest problem with the game is the scoring system. It doesn’t use your actual bird levels, but rather your assumed ones (which doesn’t take into account gifts and arena rewards, only the map treasures). Because of this, as you progress in the game it becomes easier and easier to get 3 stars in levels, which removes any challenge that was previously there. In many of Mighty Red’s walkthroughs the 3-star threshold is passed in, say, the second room – in a level with five rooms. If his actual bird levels were taken into account, some of his walkthroughs wouldn’t actually be 3 stars!

All the problems mentioned by @partshade are minor for me. Terence doesn’t pop balloons as well as birds like the Blues do – in the same way that Bomb doesn’t break wood as easily as Chuck. I believe @bankler said that pigs suddenly becoming indestructible happened automatically and accidentally when they switched their game engine from Unity 4 to 5. The cheaters will always find some way to exploit some kind of hack in the game, but for some reason I’ve never really encountered any. I don’t use spells (unless they’re pre-provided), so Blizzard isn’t really much of an issue for me. And I can’t say anything about the daily challenges as I stopped playing the game before these were released.

All in all, I wouldn’t say that I’ve quit Angry Birds 2; I’m just boycotting it until the scoring system is evened out (or reverted, but that’s probably less likely). It should adjust itself when your bird levels change. This would be enough for me to end my boycott. But until then… no AB2 for me.

Viewing 6 replies - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.