More Arena Complaints

Home Forums Angry Birds Epic Forum More Arena Complaints

• First, I know that this has always been the case, but it’s stupid: what’s the point of being able to knock out the banner if you don’t disable the banner effects? I think that if the banner is knocked out, then resurrection, retaliate, weakness, etc should be disabled. A knocked out bird can’t do a protect, so why should a knocked out banner still function?

I think this one is from the new update: if a bird is revived with resurrection, it comes back with all extras still enabled (i.e. protection). This is particularly annoying when you’re playing a team with Paladin and resurrection and Paladin is protecting the banner and the banner has hardly any HP left but you can’t get to it. You take out Paladin and he comes back protecting the banner still with half health. Previously, I thought the bird would resurrect, but lose all embellishments.

Viewing 9 replies - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Replies
  • Dahnlor
    @dahnlor

On your first point, if the banner is knocked out, then the match is over. Whether its effects still apply is pretty much irrelevant.

On your second point, I haven’t noticed this happening. I know for sure that if a bird has a negative effect, that effect will be removed if the bird is revived by the Resurrection emblem or applicable set effects. I haven’t noticed positive effects remaining in effect, but then again I haven’t been watching for it.

Suikyo
    @suikyo

@kdubz do you mean the banner is stunned?

2nd point, you can use chuck to cause damage to the banner in that case.

Napoleongl
    @napoleongl

@kdubz
    I definitely agree with your first point and have actually suggested it to rovio a while back. I would also like to see that stunned bird’s sets are not accounted for; is if you manage to stun a mana-chuck, the immunity to negative effects are paused until he gets out of stun.

RedYoshi45
    @smwforever45

It doesn’t matter whether or not effects from the banner still apply after the banner is down. Of course, it shouldn’t happen, but the enemy banner is down so it doesn’t matter anymore (unless you’re talking about Retaliate maybe, and your own banner health is very low as well… but that’s such a rare occurrence to be honest).

Also, I am playing with the 1.4.5 version and I do not notice any changes about Resurrection. If a bird resurrects it loses all of its buffs.

Kdubz
    @kdubz

In my first point, I meant if the banner is stunned. Obviously the fight is over when the banner is eliminated – you know what I meant.

I agree that you can still attack the banner with Chuck, but his HP is so low I need to spend effort trying to protect him. I rarely use Chuck in the arena unless I’m trying to meet an objective.

I also agree that if a bird with a certain set is knocked out (mana well, forest bounty, etc) then their set abilities should stop working. Although I really enjoy when the AI puts a retaliate move on the banner.

I think we really need to give Rovio a lesson in percentages and probability. The AI always gets a higher probability of a positive result than I do, even if identical items are equipped.

Dave
    @seraphion

Well it can be important if you need 2000 points to get 3* and the bird gets revived after the banner is desteoyes. So I agree with you. I also saw bug where paladin was shielding chuck but when chuck got ko from aoe he starts protecting the banner. Its strange sometimes with the paladin

Jenn
    @jennt

No, there IS a time when it matters whether the banner’s effects still work when it’s knocked out. This has happened to me more than once, actually. The first time it happened, I was trying to complete objectives…needed to win with 3 birds knocked out and had another objective to win fights with the rage chili. Obviously it’s great to complete more than one objective in a single fight. I used the rage chili on Chuck. Chuck will continue to fight until either there is literally nothing left or the chili turns are used up. Here’s what happened: knocked out banner on the first rage turn, attack remaining enemies with 2nd rage turn, 3rd rage turn knocks out enemies, BUT ONE REVIVES even though the banner is down. I won without having all birds knocked out, thus not fulfilling an arena objective.

metztli013
    @metztli013

@jennt
    Omg how frustrating! The enemy team’s KO’d banner res emblem res’d one of their birds after you KO’d it? That’s messed up. But yeah, weird how some sets work like that, – like with Mana set working whilst Chuck is down, etc, and if Paladin protects the banner (probably birds too, I hadn’t noticed) and he gets KO’d but res’d, the protection is still there. But yet……… we don’t get credit for daily objectives for KO’ing a bird that gets res’d. I kinda wanna form a protest group over that one lol who cares if it got res’d?! I STILL knocked it out! =P

Jenn
    @jennt

@metztli013 Tell me about it! So disappointing!! I’ve just assumed these features are programmed to be an all or nothing sort of thing…like Matilda’s Princess still commanding attacks be directed at the bird or banner with the most health when she’s k’od.
    Here are my thoughts, though…I wish they’d change it so that a passive ability that was directly connected be lost when either bird is k’od (like Paladin’s devotion) but one that is gifted (like Mage’s shock shield) should remain if Chuck is k’od. Shock shield doesn’t need Chuck there to work however devotion can’t work without Red. Same thing with the mana set…at least how I see that one, Chuck is protecting the other birds from negative effects, so if he’s k’od, he shouldn’t be able to protect them anymore. My thinking is also that with resurrection, the banner shouldn’t be able to give a resurrection command any more than a k’od bird should be able to give a command. And yes, I’ve noticed that suddenly a linked ability, like Paladin’s devotion, remains in effect after a resurrection. That’s new.
    And I agree too with what you said about a resurrection counting toward the k’o bird count. Logically, I’d expect a k’o to still be a k’o regardless of what happens after.

Home Forums Angry Birds Epic Forum More Arena Complaints

Viewing 9 replies - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.