Mastery Points

Home Forums Angry Birds Epic Forum Mastery Points

Viewing 25 replies - 76 through 100 (of 2,264 total)
  • Replies
  • MVNLA2
    @mvnla2

This table is the mastery points I got for each level in Caves 12 & 13. They probably vary from attempt to attempt, but should give some indication of the range of values. M/W stands for Mastery per Wave. Not sure how reliable it is.
    Cave 12 and 13.jpg

angryde
    @angryde

@mvnla. Brilliant job – and curious results! Many thanks for your efforts!

ToothGnasher
    @toothgnasher

@mvnla Love that spreadsheet… I haven’t made it to Caves beyond 11 yet but for my automation I need something that will auto-play successfully most of the time.

@dr_ishmael
    Great observations. I’m still not sure how you can determine how much mastery is being awarded on a “per enemy” basis as the only way I know to see how much has been gained is to go to the nest. Is there any other way?

Today I went back to SRC and am now getting 1898 mph* and 1667 sph* (that works out to 633 mastery per hour per bird). I am using Bard7, Trickster8, and Wizard8. I briefly used Paladin8 instead of Wizard8 but he keeps protecting and that both allows for respawn and extra rounds when whiz pig powers up to strike. By substituting Wizard8 for Paladin8 mph increased from 1198 to 1898! But that’s also because I can run a shorter cycle time. I haven’t tried omitting Whiz Pig at the end, and unfortunately I can’t think of a way to try multiple strategies in parallel since I’d really need to have identical levels and birds (I do have a second and 3rd emulator I could use, though!)

mph = mastery per hour.
    sph = snoutlings per hour.

dr_ishmael
    @dr_ishmael

@toothgnasher I found out the amount of mastery pigs drop the same way you measure overall mastery gain, I just measured it one pig at a time.

1. Record initial mastery amount.
    2. Enter SRC.
    3. Watch the pigs’ drops until one of them drops a mastery ribbon, then immediately exit the battle.
    4. Record new mastery amount. The difference is how much mastery that pig dropped.

After a few trials, I noticed that the same pig always dropped the same amount of mastery. E.g. on wave 1, Stick Pig and Rogue both always dropped 7 mastery, and Pyropig always dropped 14 mastery. Thus I was able to continue past that wave, noting which pigs dropped mastery, and then determine the mastery amounts for the pigs in the second wave by accounting for the mastery I received from the first wave. I continued until I had found the mastery amount for every pig in the castle.

The results are pretty simple to summarize: all pigs in SRC drop 7 mastery except for the ones I mentioned before – Pyropig, Lightning Pig, Nature Pig, Necromancer, Banshee, and WizPig drop 14 mastery. All these results were recorded with my birds at level 41, thus the pigs were also level 41.

I’ve only done this for one other location so far – somewhere in the Moorlands, and I found that the level 13 pigs there only drop 4 mastery.

My hypothesis is that the mastery amounts are dependent on the pig’s level and whether they are considered a “minion” or a “leader” (my made-up terms, not sure if there’s anything better) – leaders drop twice as much as minions. I’d have to gather more data to confirm the level scaling.

dr_ishmael
    @dr_ishmael

@mvnla2 Nice data there! I noticed that all your mastery totals are divisible by 7. What level are the pigs in those caves? (I’m only on cave 8.) I’m guessing they’re either 41 or very close to it.

MVNLA2
    @mvnla2

@dr_ishmael — Someone else mentioned that mastery points always seem to be divided by 7, but it looks like you have found some of the easier levels where the amount is less.
    The pigs are all level 41 in caves 12 and 13, at least for me. I started 12 at 39, and was 41 probably before the end of 13.

dr_ishmael
    @dr_ishmael

@mvnla2 Yep, they’re always divisible by 7… when the pigs are level 41. After a couple hours of data gathering across the overworld, I’m confident that it scales with pig level. (I also recorded the level of every single stage. I’m a bit obsessive about stuff like this.)

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1tBYPRDsZDOFcC7yMvGe113qVYMpHDCb3tzOMNV2G_4s/edit?usp=sharing

It’s possible that there’s a formula to describe this relationship, but it’s not clear from the current data. The first 8 levels drop 1 mastery point, but only the next 6 levels drop 2 mastery, so that’s already confusing.

MVNLA2
    @mvnla2

@dr_ishmael — Your table is great! Hope you finish it. Maybe the @admins will put it with the resources map.

ToothGnasher
    @toothgnasher

@dr_ishmael Wow. That’s dedication! I don’t’ think I have the patience for stopping and going to the nest to make each determination. Very thankful you do! With data like that I can alter my “mastery collection engine”, I already know how to collect more than enough snoutlings to keep me rolling in potions and upgrades.

But your table also shows why Star Reef Castle is such a great spot as the piggies are all on the level you are giving maximum mastery (63 per completion). Perhaps I can find someplace that will give me as much mastery in half the time.

dr_ishmael
    @dr_ishmael

@toothgnasher That’s true for all of the castles (and the Golden Pig), which is why I didn’t include them in the table originally – I’ve now added them at the bottom as “scaled” stages.

SRC was already popular before mastery was introduced (based on what I’ve read here) as a place to farm snoutlings because the auto-play can complete it reliably – mastery just became an additional incentive to farm it. If one of the other castles can be auto-played in a shorter time, then it might indeed be a better option for mastery farming.

@mvnla2
    I’m planning on creating a new Rovio account in order to fill in the gaps on the mastery-by-level table. For the other table, I’ll just have to check the dungeons every day this week and keep working my way through the caves. Unless one of you would like to provide the data for caves 9, 10, and 11, of course. :)

MVNLA2
    @mvnla2

@ dr_ishmael — What data do you want? I have some data on Caves 12 & 13, not sure about lower caves. I do have mastery per bird, and it is easy to get the level of opponents. What cave are you in?

MVNLA2
    @mvnla2

@dr_ishmael — Got an extra space before your name above.
    In any case, cave 11 pigs can’t be higher than level 39, and their mastery is 7
    Cave 9 is 33 mastery 6
    Cave 10 is 35, mastery 6
    Cave 11 is 37, mastery 7
    Cave 12 is 39 with mastery 7
    Cave 13 is 41 with mastery 7
    Any other data you would like? Not sure I have it, but no harm in asking.

dr_ishmael
    @dr_ishmael

@mvnla2 That was exactly what I was looking for, thanks! I’ve filled them in on my tables.

burbman
    @burbman

@mvnla2 – I did indeed receive the two upgrade chances for my Bard over the weekend, and you are correct, the excess mastery did roll over to apply to the next target.

ToothGnasher
    @toothgnasher

@dr_ishmael:

Porktuga Level 41 Analysis Total Mastery 84
    Wave 1 – 21: Pirate Veteran (14), [2 Stick Pigs, 2 Matey] (7)
    Wave 2 – 24: Big Pirate (14), [3 Ship Kobold, 1 Matey] (10)**
    Wave 3 – 25: Rogue Leader, [3 Ship Kobold, 2 Rogue]
    Wave 4 – ??: Big Pirate, Smutje, Pirate
    Wave 5 – ??: Captain Red Beard

**The Wealthy Rogue appeared in one of my runs here.
    I didn’t exit to figure out how much mastery was contributed by waves 4 and 5 – but oddly Waves 1, 2 and 3 totaled 70, so that implies Wave 4 and 5 only added 14 more!

ToothGnasher
    @toothgnasher

I started tracking my total mastery gain on a daily basis. Here is a chart to illustrate.

Mastery Gain
    One thing that is interesting is that I got about 12 Master Dojo upgrades over the entire day on the 16th, and 4 so far this morning. The major gains for Wizard, Rogues, Trickster and Bard were due to “automated mastery farming”

Zack Voyager
    @zackvoyager

Stop saying whatever dudes ! Mastery is both cool and annoying :

– cool because you’re not stuck on paying more than $/£/€ 100 to upgrade your birds higher than veteran.
    – cool because you can upgrade them up to 90 %.
    – annoying because events are the only serious way to earn mastery
    – annoying because upgrading birds is very difficult > rank 5 and insanely difficult > rank 7.
    -super super insanely obscenely annoying because when you haven’t money and spend weeks to buy paladin or bard, or unlocking priest with the hard shaman in #10 cave 1, you have old birds w/ a high rank (6-10) and your new class is level 1 !!!

ToothGnasher
    @toothgnasher

@zackvoyager Of course Rovio has created the game in such a way that paying $ will get you upgraded faster – they are trying to make more millions.

With no real effort on my part, I’ve been able to upgrade several of my birds while I sleep. For example, Wizard just made it to 9. BUT, it looks like it will take a LONG time to get more birds there.

Earlier I posted “what does mastery cost”. I also have a cost in “time” but it’s easy to break down as follows:

Assume you can earn 500 mastery per hour. Further assume that you get one chance a day to use a snoutling upgrade of 500 mastery points (it appears you get about 12 a day, but remember there are 25 different bird classes). That means each day you could play for 8 hours and get one upgrade. That works out to 4500 mastery per day. You could get a bird class from level 1 to 8 in … 34 days of play at 8 hours per day.. In truth, you could get 3 birds in the same time if you played with ONLY those three birds+classes. That’s a LOT of effort!

KillerKea
    @killerkea

Gaining mastery in the dojo is a fairly easy way to upgrade your birds. It just takes a little patience and a lot of auto play in SRC. All my birds are level 7 or 8 with most at level 8 except my Sea Dog which is level 6 since I bought him about 2 weeks ago and had to start at level 1. The dojo can be visited every 3 hours and I probably average 6 purchases each time so I get about 3000 mastery each time. My high is 17 purchases and low is 0 purchases. I just set an alarm on my phone to remind me every 3 hours so I’m able to visit the dojo 5-6 times a day which is 15,000-18,000 mastery per day. I probably get 1500-2000 mastery from SRC so I’m getting 15-20k/day.

angryde
    @angryde

@toothgnasher. That’s some damn fine OCD tabulation there, dude! =D

Zack Voyager
    @zackvoyager

@toothgnaster Dude, please be realistic. Excepted if you’re a no-life geek with no friends and no social life, you won’t play 8 h a day. I actually play an average 50 mn per day…

@killerkea
    Sorry but I’m only lvl 17. Since they obscenely increased dungeons’ & castles’ power, Wizpig has about 5750 hp and have successfully destroyed chuck and the blues… so auto-play won’t work.

GrauGeist
    @graugeist

@Zack – let’s be clear that he’s botting.

His bot can effectively play Epic 24×7.

ToothGnasher
    @toothgnasher

@zackvoyager Dude: I think you completely missed the point which was that you’d have to be a no-life geek or pay money to advance at a reasonable pace. That’s why my computer now plays about 20 hours per day. I manually play perhaps an hour and a half.

@killerkea
    : I thought about quitting the self running game to go to the dojo every 3 hours. Do you have any idea how many snoutling upgrades you get total in a day?

Overnight last night I ran a trial and racked up almost 3000 mastery per hour for almost 7 hours. I had weak birds to upgrade. I played only the first wave of SRC then restarted. This was repeated over 550 times and gained 6754 mastery per per bird in 6.85 hours. My snoutling total fell to a meager 451 per hour.

KillerKea
    @killerkea

@zackvoyager You don’t have to play it on auto play. If your birds still aren’t strong enough to beat WizPig, then try doing Desert Pig Castle instead to rack up snoutlings. It pays 100 snoutling at the end, but most of us high level players prefer SRC since the battles in DPC take longer because Prince Porky can dodge when you do too much damage.

If you have the golden chili, then you can rackup snoutlings at Old Nesting Barrows 4. However that gets boring. All you do is use the chili on Red then restart immediately so you don’t have to do the wheel spin.

MVNLA2
    @mvnla2

Does anyone have any suggestions for increasing mastery of Paladin?
    I’ve been using SRC to increase the mastery of my birds at the same time I farm for snoutlings. So far it seems to work pretty well, except in the case of Paladin. I’m using a team of Paladin, Captain, and Princess, which gets stuck on the 4th wave about 50% of the time. Does anyone have any suggestions for increasing mastery of Paladin?

Home Forums Angry Birds Epic Forum Mastery Points

Viewing 25 replies - 76 through 100 (of 2,264 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.