Challenge in C Minor Contest

Home Forums Angry Birds Transformers Forum Challenge in C Minor Contest

• Launched ABT and got a notification that the new contest was beginning in approximately 24hrs US EST, which would be 7pm tomorrow evening. Switched to the forum (w/o) closing the app to see if anyone had posted anything and when I went back the notification was gone. Relaunched the app and now I’ve wandered into the chicken-fried nonsense known as the “Updating Progress” loop. REALLY?!

Viewing 25 replies - 1 through 25 (of 115 total)
  • Replies
  • Vannie5555
    @vannie

Yes, I did the same thing.
    Now I am stuck in the loop too.

xmasmumma
    @xmasmumma

We have all been sent to piggy hell, waaaaaaah
    ???????????☠☠☠

datguygamer
    @datguygamer

HELP!! I’ve not been stuck in this “Updating progress” loop but whenever I launch the game with Wi-Fi, the counter shows the time left for the challenge with a tick mark. I tap on that and then the counter just disappears! This happens every time I launch the game!

How can I play the challenge if the challenge won’t even show up for me? Help @gradientturtle7!

TheLuckyOne
    @theluckyone

The challenge hasn’t started yet. The counter is showing the time left until the challenge starts (at 7:00 Eastern tonight).

youknowwho
    @youknowwho

i have the same problem. after the latest update, the “updating progress”comes up and reboots my game. cannot store anything or playing anything now. i have already tried logging out of the facebook connection, but still in vain.

WeeNaoise
    @weenaoise

Noticing that the challenge icon is no longer on the game screen.

Drover’s Dog
    @droversdog

Challenge today is collecting glass blocks which earns tokens. Unlike last time tokens are prizes for those on leaderboard not gems.

Again 20 players per league and 4 energy bars at the start.

Token exchange so far are for accessories and coins only.. no gems this time

Pampeans
    @pampeans

Played the first round with my level 15 Soundblaster, beach node, relatively easy with 106 glass blocks. Second round I switched to tried and true level 15 Goldbite Grimlock and boy am I glad I did, forest node with 5,000 red-nosed missiles and several other things that could have killed Soundblaster simply because he’s too slow. Last two nodes were Pig City, which does not have a lot of glass blocks. There were plenty of gold blocks though which waste your time now that they don’t destroy easily.

Drover’s Dog
    @droversdog

I have used Energon Soundwave in all nodes so far, he has taken a few big hits from missiles but there have been enough Energon blocks to sustain him

SnTrooper
    @sntrooper

The name of this challenge comes from the title of an episode of the original cartoon’s third season, Carnage in C Minor. It is notorious for have an excessive amount of animation errors. So I guess all the blunders with this update are fitting,

datguygamer
    @datguygamer

Not to mention, there is a new accessory for Soundwave, the minicon Rumble.

MillForce2k
    @millforce2k

How long does the event run for?

Optimus_Pig
    @optimuspig

Like the holiday challenge, the thing I find most vexing about this is the inconsistency. So far my highest single tally has been 170 and my lowest has been 27.

Also, anyone know when this thing ends? The number of days I have to accumulate tokens is going to affect the way I play.

Pampeans
    @pampeans

I know one thing, since I can’t win any gems, I’m not spending any. I’m really frustrated with the game play this time around my level 15 Tf lost 2.5 hearts struggling to kill off shark pigs. Grrrr.

SnTrooper
    @sntrooper

I’m the opposite. I’m going to be spending lots of gems. I want the accessories so using gems to win more tokens will cost way way less than buying the accessories I want outright.

TheLuckyOne
    @theluckyone

Makes me wish I hadn’t already bought Ravage and Beastbox with gems (and shades for Soundwave and Soundblaster). But I’ll definitely be looking to get Rumble and Ratbat.

Interestingly, Wingthing is shown as a reward on the contest info page on the internet, but doesn’t appear to actually be one of the rewards available through the token exchange. Wonder if that’s just an oversight.

kwc
    @kwcs

Accessories purchased with tokens during the Christmas Challenge didn’t count towards the accessories achievement. However, the silly pilgrim hat from the Thanksgiving Challenge did. It’ll be interesting to see what they do this time.

Optimus_Pig
    @optimuspig

@sntrooper

I haven’t looked at the accessories. Are they any good in terms of stat boosts?

To be honest, in general I’m pretty comfortable with where my TFs are at, so unless there is another massive spike in difficulty when/if the level cap goes up again (in the same way that nodes were almost impossible to complete when the level cap first went up from 10 to 15), I’m probably not going to work too hard to get the accessories.

Also, good catch on why they named this “Challenge in C Minor”! I was actually wondering about that.

datguygamer
    @datguygamer

@optimuspig, When you open the mail icon in the game with the challenge notification (like “Learn More” etc), it takes you to a picture with all the accessories listed withe their boosts.

sheepybach
    @paul13

Anybody else notice as the time remaining the amount of stuff to collect drops? I did a node with 5mins to go and ended up with all the glass blocks in the run 4

Yes yet again the number of stuff to collect is as crazy as the other time and yes I’ve already had 1 run and no money blocks to collect

Optimus_Pig
    @optimuspig

I just noticed:

Yesterday (Day 1), first place got one thousand (1,000) tokens, and second and third place got five hundred (500) tokens each.

Today, first place only gets one hundred (100) tokens, and second and third place only fifty (50) tokens each.

WTH????

Did Rovio drastically change things, or are they “punishing” me because I only started playing today’s challenge with less than an hour to spare?

Well, I know this much: I’m definitely not squandering any gems to recharge!!

Pampeans
    @pampeans

@optimuspig

Looks like if you wait to play, the reward is not as great. I won several times by waiting during the x-mas challenge (traveling, really). The balancer is that you don’t get the ancillary points you would get if you played the entire time, but a win is a win.

wrw01
    @wrw01

@optimus-prime
    Just finished the challenge and I receive the 1000 tokens. I purchased the exclusive accessory for 3000 tokens. Sorry to say you must have been in a defective game playing game/silo. Everything seemed to work fine where I was playing. Man I can feel the pain…

Pampeans
    @pampeans

Will some kind soul please remind me what you have to do to start a new challenge fully charged? Ugh…

Pampeans
    @pampeans

Never mind, I found it, thanks @cow23!

Home Forums Angry Birds Transformers Forum Challenge in C Minor Contest

Viewing 25 replies - 1 through 25 (of 115 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.