Arena Battles becoming IMPOSSIBLE to win!!

Home Forums Angry Birds Epic Forum Arena Battles becoming IMPOSSIBLE to win!!

Viewing 25 replies - 51 through 75 (of 106 total)
  • Replies
  • GrauGeist
    @graugeist

After messing around with Stun & Venomous, I’m getting Backlash to 11, then switching to Sweet Heals.

GrauGeist
    @graugeist

Gotta say, Platinum isn’t that bad. I’m running a pretty consistent 1st/2nd with my 12-12-12 team, but my banner sucks pretty badly, so I’m going to have to burn some LCs to get more banner items.

Challenge for me is when I have to take Red or Matty – looks like I’ll need to get Paladin to 12 and Princess/Druid to 11 sooner rather than later. Bringing 10s is kinda crippling.

But really, the real backbreaker are the crap ads that crash me out of a fight – over the past few weeks, 80% of my losses are due to crashes.

What I need is for Arena not to count a fight has started until AFTER the ad has played and the coin is tossed. That way, I don’t get penalized for something outside my control.

Angry Johnny
    @angryjohnny

@graugeist That sounds like a good idea. You should mail Rovio support with that suggestion :-)

GrauGeist
    @graugeist

Oh come on. Crashing me out 2 in a row? >:(

GrauGeist
    @graugeist

… And it’s locking me out for a 2nd full day unless I pay 20 LCs?

That’s bull.

Are you F-ing kidding me?

GrauGeist
    @graugeist

FFS, I crashed out 2 in a row, again… I’m sorry, but that’s ridiculous.

If the coin doesn’t flip, don’t count the fight as started!

GrauGeist
    @graugeist

And another double crash last night…

Angry Johnny
    @angryjohnny

@graugeist Have you figured out some pattern to what makes the game crash i the arena for you?

GrauGeist
    @graugeist

If I had, I would’nt be crashing out…

I’ve been playing it over Wi-Fi, but really, I think it’s a function of the ads being served. Every crash is right after I press the Fight! button. Epic just dies, and I’m back at the main screen. I never see the coin flip, but when I re-launch, it’s a loss.

It pisses me off to no end, because playing 2 down for no good reason means you can’t take a strategic loss for objectives. And if you already did, you’re done for the night. Last night, I was unable to complete 4500 worth of objectives due to the crashes.

Sure, I’m still ranked #1, because I built up a big lead, but those objectives would have been a lot easier than grinding fights at ~40 each…

Angry Johnny
    @angryjohnny

OK, because it crashes at the same time I would say that yes, it is the ads that makes it crash.

I figured out that most, if not all, my seemingly random crashes in the arena was because my device had problems connecting to the wifi where I was playing so it messed with the game. After that I am more careful to only play in the arena when I have a good connection.

angryde
    @angryde

@graugeist One word re: crashes, mate… Bluestacks… (half whispered; half sung)

Anonymous

If opponent killed you with 1 hit, then is about cheating or the opponent team is too powerful.

KillerKea
    @killerkea

A level 50 rank 12 sea dog with level 52 set items does 1911 damage when using either the Finisher or Scissors set. If the team also has skulkers and thunderbird, those can add 30% and 25% more damage so the sea dog can hit for over 3000 damage, but that isn’t truly a one hit since the other birds had to hit first to get the damage bonuses, but you can use other birds like Captain’s Whip Up and the Witch’s Growth to make a strong bird that can one hit.

Not all birds have over 3000 health so it is possible to one hit some birds consistently. There are banner items that can further enhance damage. Red should have enough health to not get one hit unless your opponent is using damage enhancing banner items and a critical is scored. The Witch does quite a bit of damage too, but I don’t have a rank 12 with maxed out set items for her so I don’t know her max damage.

MistyMissChristie
    @mistychristie

I’ve gotten too annoyed with crashes and having to spend so much time grinding away to get anywhere that I’ve stopped playing the arena all together.

RuCustum
    @rucustum

I have completely stopped Grinding. I play the arena once a day, just for the challenges and then I am done.

Anonymous

Worst battles ever. In arena at me only pick masters that will never le me go on top.

gabako
    @gabako

Hi,

for me its impossible the “win arena battle and knock out 3 birds with single attack 2 times”
    maybe someone can helm me how to do it?
    thnx

Anonymous

@gabako Make sure that both banner and birds are very low health, then use Bomb’s rage ability to win.

Jadedbacon
    @jadedbacon

@gabako I’ve had luck with Skulkers + Thunderbird + Capt’n. I used Blessed set for the banner with Resurrection emblem.

Unfortunately this objective is a little luck driven. You have to go first to have a good shot at it; it’s not impossible if you go second, but it’s a lot harder. Also avoid enemy teams that are using the Resurrection Emblem, or Chuck’s Mana set.

Turn 1 Use Skulkers abilities on Chuck so he applies Thunderclap to the enemy team. Have Chuck attack to whittle them down. Use Capt’n’s Whip up on himself. Enemy turn they’ll probably knock Chuck down unless you have Phoenix set or if you get lucky with Resurrection. Next turn if Chuck is still up, have him attack to knock another notch off. If there’s a high health Red on the other team have Blues attack him, otherwise have him use his support on himself to apply Expose Weakness. After that use the Rage chili on Bomb and hope for the best. If you can calculate how much damage Bomb can do and you don’t think it’ll knock them all down, have Bomb attack the Banner and try weakening them a little more on Turn 3. If you pull it off try to regroup quickly because they’ll come out swinging when they all revive. Good luck!

KennyMcC
    @kennymcc

@gabako
    Use Spies (Blues) or Skulkers (Blues) and Chuck (any area dmg class) before you use Bomb’s rage ability. This should work 99% :) Ofc you must be careful to not kill any opposing Bird before you use Bomb’s rage ability.

gabako
    @gabako

Hi,
    thnx a lot for all your help…try to get to use all :)

Jamairoqui
    @jamairoqui

The main problem I’ve encountered with using Bomb for the “3 at once” objective is that it seems there is a bug with Bomb with the Sweet Set and the Healing banners/heads. So if you attack with Bomb there is a greater chance that the game will crash. I haven’t wanted to lose lives in Arena often enough to verify this definitively, but every so often I forget about the problem with Bomb and I run him out. And then the game crashes. So if I have an objective that involves Bomb I use the Rock set instead of the Sweet set.

The other one to try for the 3/1 objective is Blue/Spies. A lot of times I seem to get two opposing birds with minimal health and one that is higher. In those cases Spies works really well, especially with Ballista and critical damage.

Pointless
    @pointless

I have not had the game crash due to using Bomb’s rage (knock on wood), but I don’t use Sweet. I agree with using Spies, but prefer Beep (even nerfed) as it seems to help whittle down the opposition’s health to the point needed. I have had luck with this objective (which I seem to get a lot more than chance should dictate) using Wizard/Reborn (Twin Lightning keeps Chuck down more often than not) and even have accomplished this with Paladin/DragonBreath. Luck, yes, but this objective does rely heavily on that as previously stated here.

Jim151
    @jim151

Looking at an arena opponent right now with a power ranking of 1317. Paladin with Grand slam, hits for 1800, health of 6253. Wizard with twin lightning, hits for 1786, health of 3873, Sea Dog with scissors, hits for 2659, health of 5018. Can’t tell, but that must be pretty close to max level enchantment on those items. If that becomes the norm, the arena is over for those of sun not wanting to spend big $$ on enchantment shards.

Jadedbacon
    @jadedbacon

They said that enchantment shards will be obtainable through other means. I’m worried it’ll still be too slow to compete, but there it is. If the only way to compete is by spending big $$, then expect the arena to become a quasi ghost town filled with whales :P

Home Forums Angry Birds Epic Forum Arena Battles becoming IMPOSSIBLE to win!!

Viewing 25 replies - 51 through 75 (of 106 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.