Angry Birds Epic version 1.2.9 is out

Home Forums Angry Birds Epic Forum Angry Birds Epic version 1.2.9 is out

Viewing 25 replies - 151 through 175 (of 182 total)
  • Replies
  • MVNLA2
    @mvnla2

@bikerdood @fluffyjesus @bc1106 @strategia55 — I hope you all reported this to Rovio in a support request. I only used one 15 LC option in the nest, and I’m not even sure I got 6 rewards. I certainly didn’t get any set items.

MusicOfTheApes
    @musicoftheapes

Same here

KerrAvon
    @kerravon

I took the 15 LC option for both of my games, and in both cases I got one set item from six rolls (5 + 1 free).

Strategia55
    @strategia55

I did send a Report and am waiting to hear back from Rovio. I even received some of the SAME non-set items. It’s getting out of hand.

Mimi27
    @mimi27

I did the 15 coin option twice. First time I got one of the new set items, and second time I got no set items. It did give me 6 items per spin, but I kind of miss spreading out my spins over the 15 minutes. I’m sure I could do a combination of 6 and 15 coin spins, but I’m still saving LC in the vain hope of an increase from 45 to 49.

Green Whacker
    @dragonofheart73

Not sure if ya all know but most items are craftable now (ie. burning pumpkins can be crafted when in past it only had to be farmed)

Duiksmurf
    @duiksmurf

out of 48 rolls during 5x Rainbow Riot, i got … yes! exactly ONE set item!!!
    120 LC down the drain and looking at the daily awards list, this will take two months to get them back :-(

D.

Taekwondista
    @taekwondista

Just look at the montly rewards, we are getting a total of 65 LC coins from the calendar and probably around 20 from the GP, since they go out randomly. So, for a month we are getting 85 lc coins, instead of more than 140 before. And if someone wants to save up for the expensive lc classes, he’d need more than 3 months to do that. Another rhing is that nobody on level 45 actually needs most of the rewards. The snoutlings we can get with few SRC battles, 10 friendship essence is nothong, compared to the hundreds (or thousands) most of us have. And who even needs basic crafting resources or stamina drinks…
    Not to.mention the one stamp card per month, instead of four…

bikerdood
    @bikerdood

Another thing about the arena being easier is that you don’t need to be strategic anymore – just blow through opponents with the same brute teams. To advance now, one needs to prepare to spend a lot of time cranking through battles. I missed one day due to travel this last week, and I’m in 10th place but by way more than one day’s objectives points. One nice thing is that I don’t get near the number of ads as before. The only one I seem to get is for AB2.

LondoJowo
    @londojowo

Come on Rovio, 7 or 8 Resurrections or Time Jumps in the same match. Why is it I’m lucky to get 3 in a match using the emblems???

Just had a game where all 3 opponents should have been knocked out in the first wave and all 3 were resurrected. Luckily I still won with 1 star.

angryde
    @angryde

@londojowo I played a match the other day and my opponent’s resurrection rate was 100%. So, that was a good 6 or 7 resurrections in a row! Unbelievable! Thank God I was playing with the ‘Venomous’ line-up!

AudioMan612
    @audioman612

So today I was supposed to have 3x Rainbow Riot, but the animation on the actual Golden Piggy Machine showed 5x. I guess it doesn’t really matter because after the update, the Rainbow Riot doesn’t do jack. The “New” signs for getting new items no longer work other than for the week-end spinner in the arena. It’s more time-consuming to get lucky coins (I like that they’re one of the few things in the game that has nothing to do with luck, yet they call them lucky), you have to search for the tiny golden pig, etc. This update was not well-tested at all.

angryde
    @angryde

@audioman612 I hate to play devil’s advocate but I performed one spin on the 3xRR/5+1 on the AGPM and received 2x diamond set items… sorry. AND I free-spun another diamond set item on a friend’s machine not one minute later! =(

AudioMan612
    @audioman612

Lucky you lol. If you read through here, it seems that most people have had awful luck with the Rainbow riots. Above all, this update introduced a handful of new bugs while not fixing any of the older ones (at least none that I have noticed).

angryde
    @angryde

@audioman612 Hey, I don’t deny that I’ve been incredibly lucky, and not just with the GPM/AGPM. I’m using an ancient device and still seem to have been spared the worst of the bugs. I’ll keep my fingers crossed for you!

KerrAvon
    @kerravon

I think you will find that in the past lots of people have reported dumping a lot of LCs on the GPM during the rainbow riot and getting a poor return. This is nothing new.

What @angryde experienced is also not out of the ordinary. I have often received 3 or 4 items from 10-12 rolls. This happens to me maybe once every 6-8 weeks. If I get 2 items from 6 rolls, I might spin some more. If I get 0, then it is a bad week and I stop.

Since the update – for both of my games – I received 1 set item from the first rainbow riot from the 5 rolls (+1 bonus). For the second rainbow riot (today), I received 2 items for one game and 0 for the second game.

AudioMan612
    @audioman612

Yeah… I would love to see the algorithm used for the GPM. Above all though, since Angry Birds is no longer the most popular mobile game, Rovio’s quality control has gone down (on all games), and the amount of money they ask for in all of the games has gone up. I can understand the latter; they are a business afterall. The first one though…sorry, no. I would rather they fix their old games before they release entire new games, or large updates with new features but little bug fixes to old games.

GrauGeist
    @graugeist

I don’t know about the rest of you, but I exploited time zones this past week to reach 275 LCs needed for T-bird. Got it yesterday, which was good, because the game forced update this morning, and it’s gone now.

Looking at the monthly rewards, at lv. 45, they’re just not worth daily play. The only things I can use are LCs for Rainbow Riot and/or Snouts for Mastery. I have good lv. 45 sets for all of my birds, and my levels are now averaging 9s (a couple 10s, a few 8s), so even these aren’t that critical.

The problem is that 1.2.9 is super bloated, and therefore, unstable. ABE demands a lot more space and crashes a lot more. I am seriously considering uninstalling from my secondary devices and just playing the events.

Maybe I’ll just quit?

bikerdood
    @bikerdood

The Knock Out emblem in the arena also appears to happen more than the 30% probability noted in the description. The emblem description also says knock outs will be for one turn, but I just lost Red in one battle for three turns (and consequently lost the battle).
    Also, I know the coin toss odds have been discussed on here ad nauseum, but they seem to be even more “streaky” than before. I won the flip probably 12 times in a row last night and lost 8 in a row today. Maybe on some intergalactic scale the flips are even and follow normal heads/tails odds. But from what I see with my rolls, the odds are pretty funky. I understand that it may work out to be more even with higher numbers of rolls (I took graduate level stats classes), but you don’t see real life coin flips that behave like what you see on ABE.

LeUsername
    @thisepicplayer

@grau Ah nice you’re one of the people who used this exploit…
    I only got up to like 160 lucky coins before the new update came out.

GrauGeist
    @graugeist

I regret nothing.

Actually, I should have jumped all over it as soon as it was made public. Then, I’d have all of the good gear and lv 10 classes.

LeUsername
    @thisepicplayer

Same thing. Those that got thousands of coins at least have to money to spend.

kyododom
    @kyododom

It may just be a statistical quirk, but since finally upgrading to 1.2.9 last week I have noticed that the treasure chest in the Chronicle Caves (the one where you get a reward for watching a short video) is more generous with LCs than had been the case for a while. I’ve had four in a row. Prior to upgrading I had the feeling that I usually got friendship essence.

Other than that I have had no stability problems with the upgrade, but I am using two recent iOS devices with the latest iOS installed.

mala
    @mala

you guys can actually play the game?

after the update i can do shit. never been able to log into that stupid facebook, or playing the game without seen it crash after 30-40sec.

i’ve played thousand of games, and i’ve never saw an upgrade so messed up… unbelievable

GrauGeist
    @graugeist

On one of my phones, yes, I can play it. But that phone is super new, with lots of headroom. Neither of my older phones are reliable.

Question: do you run the Facebook app on your phone?

Home Forums Angry Birds Epic Forum Angry Birds Epic version 1.2.9 is out

Viewing 25 replies - 151 through 175 (of 182 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.