Advanced Pig Machine is a huge improvement

Home Forums Angry Birds Epic Forum Advanced Pig Machine is a huge improvement

• I just spent 375 LC on the Advanced Pig Machine and 50 LC on the Arena Advanced Pig Machine during the 5x rainbow riot so that is 150 spins on one and 12 spins on the other. I got 24 set items and 2 set items for the arena. I stopped spinning on the arena machine once I got a complete set and luckily for me it was the Blessed set which is my favorite, but it is weaker than the set I used to have. I recently lost all my sets because of a problem with my save file. If I don’t count the 3 guaranteed set items, I got a set item 21/147 or 14.3% of the time. These are the odds I expected, but what makes the Advanced Pig Machine really great is that you don’t get duplicate items during a rainbow riot session if it is all done in the same session!

All the items I got were unique! There are 36 different set items. Assuming an equal chance to get each one the odds of me not getting a duplicate are 1 in 28,911. Had I realized that I would have kept spinning until I got all 36 set items, but I wanted to save a few hundred LC in case they raise the max level above 50 or create something else for me to spend LC on.

Note: It only took 6 minutes to do 120 spins.

Viewing 25 replies - 1 through 25 (of 41 total)
  • Replies
  • planetbear
    @oobear

I spent 350LC one APM during 5x riot. I got 4 or 5 duplicated set items, and 5 full set.

BINH
    @binh

I spent 180 LC & got 3 set items. I can’t see any improvement

KillerKea
    @killerkea

@oobear Did you do the 5x rainbow riot after the 1.3.0 update or before? Maybe I was incredibly lucky to get so many items without a single one repeating, but I find it hard to believe I could have been that lucky. I have some duplicate level 52 set items, but all of my duplicates I got on different days.

@binh
    You were incredibly unlucky to do 72 spins and only get 3 set items especially since one or two of those were guaranteed. What you got is what someone could expect if they didn’t spin during RR.

Green Whacker
    @dragonofheart73

So far I have been spinning for last 2 months since acquiring Advanced Pig Machine and have not gotten an set. So I DO NOTsee any improvement at all.

PuffyBird
    @puffybird

Ugh. I had the opposite experience. I just got the Advanced Pig Machine and spent 105 coins during yesterday’s 5x bonus. For the first 24 rolls (4x 15 coin rolls) I got NO set items, then the next set of six hit a full rainbow bar, and that seemed to break things loose and I started getting some items, but I ended up with a couple crummy sets (Bomb’s golden gun + Matilda’s new set) and a couple duplicate items. I’m not impressed by the 5x. I used to do better spending ~35 coins in the weekly rainbow riots.

planetbear
    @oobear

@killerkea I did the 5x riot last month, also got about 3 duplicated. I think you are lucky :)

Nostromov
    @nimd4

Advanced Pig Machine is a huge improvement

Yeah, sure (not). I’d just spun it a few -hundred- times and this is what I got: zip, zilch, nada, tipota, nothing; & was left w/jack:

View post on imgur.com

^^ Plus the x5 bonus… Whoever programs this, isn’t normal (the couple of set items that I was -actually- given, they were all -50, -500, -1000 under what I have atm., blah)

Edit: Gawd, again teh screenshots didn’t go through – what I had intended. :-/

KillerKea
    @killerkea

@nimd4 Unless you spin on the arena GPM there is no way the set items you get can be weaker than what you have. You are experiencing a bug of some sort and should let Rovio know. Some set items improve health or damage so they may appear to be weaker than other items, but the base number should not be lower.

chinolatino
    @chinolatino

The AGPM didn’t give me any set items. Wrote an email to Rovio and they said there were bugs. This was during the 5x bonus. Sucked, I just wasted LC. Rovio doesn’t seem to care much about its patrons like it did a few years ago. Responses and support seem to have gone downhill.

werehamsta
    @werehamsta

During the Rainbow Riot last month I got a bunch of set items, but I haven’t been counting, so I don’t know whether AGP is any better or worse than regular GP at that, since RR bonus provides a significantly bigger advantage anyway. But I know for a fact that for all those months I’ve been spinning AGP for free ad rolls (I don’t spend LC on rolls outside of Riots) I haven’t got a *single* set item at all. With regular GP, occasional set items were dropping even without full rainbow meter, albeit if rare. Not anymore, though.

Apparently, the cake is a lie.

KillerKea
    @killerkea

The Advanced Pig Machine doesn’t seem to give you more set items during the 5x RR than the old pig machine during 3x RR, but I have gotten 3 set items and one banner set item during free spins on Piggy McCool’s machine or free spins from the video. I didn’t upgrade to the Advanced Pig machine till 4+ weeks after it became available so I’ve been lucky on the free spins. I’m guessing a normal spin only gives you a 2-3% chance to get a set item.

BINH
    @binh

Seriously i haven’t got anything from ad rolls since the new GP

angryde
    @angryde

@binh I’ve free rolled perhaps 3x ‘standard’ epic set items + (arena, diamond) 2x epic set tops + 2x epic set flags + 4x (platinum and diamond level) emblems since the introduction of the advanced GPM (as well as the monthly 3x and 5x ‘increased chance’ bonuses). I’m sorry to read that you’re experiencing such a bad run of luck.

BINH
    @binh

I have almost every set item in lvl.45 so i’m not that disappointed. But i really need a good set item for Matilda. I only have mediocre Yin & Yang

angryde
    @angryde

@binh Hey, as long as you’re not too annoyed :-) It took me AGES to get decent sets for Matilda; so I know what you mean. I’ve only “bought/paid in LCs” for perhaps 15 normal/arena spins in total… since the game launched… so I can’t complain! I’m one of these “save all my LCs for that pivotal moment that never arrives” people. So, I have 1500 LCs just sitting there, pointlessly. Lol!!! I was so excited when I finally got the “Sweet” set. Thankfully, now I have all her sets, mixed, 47-52. Makes life easier, that’s for sure!

KillerKea
    @killerkea

I just got another set item from the free spin so that makes 5 in the past 30 days from free spins. However I got The Hook which is fairly useless since we are going to get it for free about 3 days from now.

PuffyBird
    @puffybird

I’m curious–those that are having good luck with the GPM, have you spent any actual money on the game? I never have, and generally my luck has been bad since the introduction of the AGPM (never gotten anything on the free spins). Although, on the last 3x RR, I did get *THREE* set items in one 15 coin spin (mostly duplicates). It did occur after I got another free item triggered by the full rainbow bar, so I’m wondering if that “primes” the machine to drop more set items in a given session (it would likely be a programming bug if that is the case).

KillerKea
    @killerkea

No, I have never spent any money on Angry Birds Epic.

I got another free set item yesterday so that is 6 from free spins in a month. I don’t count guaranteed set items from a full rainbow. Yesterday I got a level 52 platinum Blessed Idol which was an improvement over my level 52 gold Blessed Idol. I’ve been getting significantly more set items from free spins than I did before I had the the Advanced Pig Machine. I’m sure I’ve been a lot luckier than most people.

angryde
    @angryde

@puffybird I have good luck with the AGPM and the arena AGPM and I’ve never spent a penny/cent of real world money on this game. It’s hard to avoid ‘trying to see patterns’ in set item (award) distributions… sometimes I get superstitious about it, for sure. But, in the end, I think it’s just wishful thinking. To me, it seems quite genuinely random.

PuffyBird
    @puffybird

I understand about randomness and patterns, but it sucks when it happens to you… :-) Also there are enough bugs in the game to make me suspicious of Rovio’s implementation of a fair “random” number generator.

angryde
    @angryde

@puffybird Lol – totally!

KillerKea
    @killerkea

I got Titan’s Grip from a free spin today so that is 7 set items from free spins in about a month. Unfortunately I already had a level 52 version of it.

Am I the only one noticing significantly more free set items from the Advanced GPM?

KerrAvon
    @kerravon

@killerkea

I haven’t had mine long enough to make a judgement. But I am sure the old GPM, which I still have on my lower level game (level 23), has a really low level of success.

Ryogo Kusama
    @ryogokusama

To be honest, this is not the case for me. Since the release of the AGPM I’ve been lucky twice only (1 set item, 1 arena banner) but (there is always a but) beside a few, many of my high level friends stopped playing and more than often I get free rolls on people that haven’t unlocked the AGP yet (thus, wasting daily free rolls), so I guess we could say 2 items are good enough considering I don’t get to roll the AGPM very often.

angryde
    @angryde

@killerkea For me the hit-rate is about the same as the old GPM. But I was always ‘lucky,’ I guess, so I’ve no complaints.

Home Forums Angry Birds Epic Forum Advanced Pig Machine is a huge improvement

Viewing 25 replies - 1 through 25 (of 41 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.