Level Glitches & Bugs (Moved to the "New Forum"!) Page 11
  • 1033 Comments
  • GameCenter never gave rankings for individual levels. Crystal did, but GameCenter only went as low as Episode (or Chapter in ABo).
  • Hey all, just wanted to report that after a year of playing, I finally got Smash Maniac. It's not bugged, it IS attainable although it took a LOT of hours. If I were to guess, probably 300+ hours. I can tell you I routinely did not let the level finish so I have to assume blocks are counted as soon as they are smashed.
  • Sorry, I'm probably in the wrong place, but don't know where to post this. I am trying to buy my ABSpace for PC, and I get to checkout, and cannot proceed because it says my email is NOT valid. I've been using the same email for 15 years, and have used it here since I've bought all the other games plus I have also received comments from here addressed to my email . HELP. I just don't know how to proceed. Needless to say I am anxious to get into "space". Thanks for your help.
  • A friends daughter downloaded Angry Birds Space on her iPod 4th generation and can play it but every time she does a level it closes Angry Birds she has to re load. It does register her playing the game so she doesn't lose her stars or levels but it just keeps shutting down on her.

Anyone have any idea if this is a bug or how to solve the problem?

Thanks
  • Try restarting the device to clear up some RAM
  • Slim, I wrote the comment about not being able to enter my email address for buying "Space", I wonder if you could tell me if there's another site from which I can purchase the game. Rovio DID write me (wonders of wonder ), but said to be sure to make sure there were no spaces etc. when I enter my address, all of which I checked and double checked, and since the site STILL won't take my address saying it's invalid, I really want to find another source.
    Thanks so much for your opinion.
    Barbbjb
  • Can't open ABOS facebook or twitter levels (iPad 2). Restarted and cleared cache. I had already (months ago) liked AB and followed them on twitter. What do I need to do? Also, what is 3rd special level? Ok, figured out it's Chinese version of twitter called Weibo, but I'm not comfortable signing up for something I can't read. Has anyone done this? What do you get?
  • @Barbbjb I'm honestly not aware of another port. Seems strange. It is the same email as here? Cuz that looks super simple...

@mvnla2 Those aren't levels. Just links.
  • No wonder : (
  • Thanks Slim, yes, same as here, and also THEY emailed me using the same email address. Weird, but Yip-yip-yahoo---they have just fixed whatever happen. Now, I'm enjoying Space, but STILL wating for the Activation code. Hopefully it takes longer than I think it does and I'll just have to be patient.

Are there leaderboard minimum scores yet?

Thanks.

Barbbjb
  • A lot of them. Not all.

Glad to hear you got sorted.
  • Slim,
    One more "tiny" problem, I still have not received my activation code and it's been just about 24 hours. I checked the spam folders and it's not there either. Got a serial number, but no activation number. How patient should I be before contacting Rovio.

Barbbjb
  • Believe this is the same thing. Is the serial number four-quartets?
  • I'm not sure wether this is a bug but All day I have been trying to gain the absolute zero achievement by freezing the king pig, world 2 , well 20 mins ago I manage to remove king pig from his bubble by battering him with snow boulderds using red n purple bird n before he hits anything I froze his behind..... I wait n yes my achievement pops up ..... Block smasher !!!!! No absolute zero :-( I'm one.very angry bird ( kiwi ) lol
  • Hi Slim,

Don't think it is since I entered it at the request to activate and it was denied. It's a group of 16 letters all capitalized. There are 4 and then a space and 4 more etc, etc. The title above the letters is "Serial Numbers" and appeared in an email entitled "Offical Online Shop for License # --------. When I have bought my other games there has been a separate email with the title Activation Key, DO NOT DELETE. This was not the case this time.

Barbbjb
  • @kinkykiwi Please be mindful of your language. To get the "Absolute Zero" achievement, you need to freeze the Space King within his ship. Launch the Ice bird just above him and trigger the freezing. I will be putting a video online in the next day or two.

@Barbbjb I just confirmed that the serial number is indeed the activation code. My email actually just calls it a serial number. So type in that code as ABCD-EFGH-IJKL-MNOP and it should trigger.
  • Thanks Slim, I'll try again. Boy do I wish they'd be consistent. Barb
  • Yeahhhhhhh! It worked this time!!!! I'm off to outerspace. Thanks again, Slim. B.
  • Thanks for the info did it on first try :-) I would also like to Offer my sincere apology for using that word :-( butt is so American so I changed it to the queens English.
  • Good enough, cheers
  • Noticing on the PC version of AB Original that the level closes before all the scoring is done (in other words: stuff is still falling, bricks still breaking, etc.) Anyone else having this problem?
  • This happens in all versions of all platforms. Not much can be done.
  • Cannot get Danger Zone - Space - on my Macbook Pro.....
  • It's not available yet for mac.
  • HUGE problems with GameCenter and Angry Birds Space. I was not logged into Game Center for most of my game playing. I logged into Game Center with about 3 levels to complete. Since then I have completed all the levels and in all of my gameplay, I have achieved all but a select few of the achievements (does the feathers and related achievements come to mind...LOL). Needless to say, only the two actual achievements that happened after I logged in are recognized. This is after re-logging into GameCenter and force quitting the program and relaunching it. With that being the case, that Smash Maniac achievement *really* is bugged this time...LOL (and to think that I have lost all of those busted/broken items that could've counted towards it to this point....UGH)
  • [Crossing fingers that I haven't lost anything....]
  • No, you should be OK. All your information is saved to the settings file. The problem is with the coding between the settings file and GameCenter. Typically, the settings file will continuously try to push achievements to GC until it finally registers. The way the settings file is set up right now, it seems to only push the achievement once (when you first obtain it) and never again, regardless of your connection to GC. This should be an easy fix.
  • Help. Okay, I must be an idiot, but I cannot get the Name Popper Achievement for Space. I am doing something wrong. Please lead me through the procedure. Thanks.
  • On the main screen of space, click the gear in the bottom-left, then the "i" to pull up the credits. Proceed to pop all of the large bubbles.
  • As a fellow idiot (at least part of the time), you can scan the credits with your finger to make them go faster. Hate to admit I didn't do this; takes forever if you don't. I caught up with posts on this site while keeping one eye on the bubbles. Also, don't pop the radishes, just the names.
  • Rovio appear to have fixed zero bird glitch on Egg 3 with Surf & Turf update. After 10 minutes balls still bouncing! 3 iphones with updates tried.
  • I'm not sure if this is a glitch, but maybe is, so I decided to put up here. In Angry Bird Space, last level in Cold Cuts. I accidently blow the King Pig in it's spaceship without blowing the spaceship first by the Black Bird. Not sure if it's a glitch, maybe s
  • @Hii Zhe Xi It's not a glitch, the game was programmed to do that. You could also notice that an Icebird and Terence could both freeze and hit the space King respectively. :)
  • I know this isn't really a glitch, but can we get Rovio to do something about the fact that sometimes the score is calculated before everything settle?
  • @Imanangrybird - I have wished for this as well, maybe an "add 5 seconds" button on the level complete screen that would go back to the point it left off and resume the level for 5 seconds. That way it would be a user option, and would not extend levels that do not need it.
  • I like the fast forward button added with the SaT update, but they should have the option of just leave the level hoe it is until you click finish level. this would clear up the trouble with it. I was about to get a high score when the game calculates score before a structure falls on Cherry Blossom level 14.
  • glitch: on AB standard I fire the white bird and he's in his corpse sprite.
  • I have never seen that.
  • Actually kingpiggy087 is right. Sometimes after you fire the egg, If the bird hits a structure almost immediately, it will be in its regular corpse sprite.
  • Ok, what is a "corpse sprite"?
  • I'm not too worried about the corpses. There are much bigger issues to be handled than corpses.
  • Fair enough, but I hadn't a clue what the term "corpse sprite" means. I googled it. Maybe should be added to glossary.
  • @mvnla2 It is the game programmed pic for any bird that got hit, like green bird with a bent beak.
  • no, I mean on a poached eggs level I fire white and the moment I fire, he's a corpse, no egg drop.
  • Are you sure you haven't double tapped the screen and the egg dropped in the slingshot? Or the bird could have hit debris that had landed there from an earlier shot.
  • It was the first bird, Burbman.
  • Has anyone else noticed that AB Free is crashing A LOT with the new update? On both my iPhone and my wifes iPad it randomly shuts down the app and goes back to the device menu screen. Has happened on the level select screen, the level complete screen, and even when birds are in the air. Not only on the new levels, throughout the app.
  • Fuji said he had this issue, though I didn't have any myself. Might be good to notify Rovio.
  • And I have a different crashing issue (on android): ABSp has a 90% chance of crashing after 30 seconds...

Oh, and on ABfree (iOS) it's somehow impossible to multitask (at least with the four-finger system, home botton still works).
This discussion has been closed. Please check the new forum.
← All Discussions
Post in the New Forum!