Level Glitches & Bugs (Moved to the "New Forum"!) Page 13
  • 1033 Comments
  • Angry Bird Space - Latest Update 3 June 2012

After updating, I could not play AB Space anymore. It goes back to iPhone homepage once I launched Angry Bird Space. It was working perfectly alright until I did the update. Now I am unable to continue playing AB Space. Can you pls check and rectify problem ASAP. Thank you.
  • @Bets I don't know what to say, but you could try e-mailing Slim or Bird Leader directly (see About / Contact), and they might be able to help you. However, please understand that ABN is not part of Rovio. If you can't solve this problem, you will need to contact Rovio directly (Google Rovio), or tweet Angry Birds.
  • Try restarting your device. Or backup your data and un/reinstall.
  • Can someone confirm or let me know if I'm doing something wrong. In the Danger zone level, I show that I completed 29/30 feathers but when i go back through each level I show that I'm 100% for the mighty eagle feather score. Additionally I have a little feather after all 30 episodes within the danger zone level. Is this a glitch? I have gone over each level with a "fine comb tooth" but can't figure out why it doesnt give me the 30/30 feather score. Thanks everyone.
  • The "little feather" means that you attempted to get total destruction but didn't.
  • @kartflyer thanks, but is there a way to tell which level I'm missing the "100%" feather score WITHOUT having to use a sardine can? I've already wasted too many... Thanks
  • Think you could only check by pressing the eagle eye on the top left of the screen. As long as you don't launch the can, the counter would stay the same.

When you press it, the eagle count goes down by one, but once you reset the level without launching the can, the count goes back up as if you didn't use an eagle.
  • I've completed the original Angry Birds twice now ... going back a third now to see if I can keep improving my scores. But as my score increases on each individual world/level/episode, my overall score remains the same. Coincidentally, my overall ranking has dropped form 450 to 810.

Anyone else experienced a lack of scoring updates?
  • @jpp2135 you should see a sizable difference in the feather on the level selection screen.
  • I got angry birds space for my phone and when it started you wouldent be able to see the background and you could only see half of the level and the rest of the level was white

• @mich12 Where did you download the game from?
  • Android market
  • Try backing up your progress and restarting your device. Or uninstalling/reinstalling (will clear your progress, so be sure to backup first).

Also, I have deleted your other topic in the forum. There are plenty of places on the main site where you can ask these sorts of questions. But we are not aware of any release dates for any updates.
  • Just had the strangest thing happen. Opened ABSp to get my daily SE, and absolutely every achievement I have ever gotten in ABSp popped up one by one. Still don't have Smash Maniac, but I haven't made a point of trying to get it.
  • Looks like your settings file is corrupt somehow...
  • AB Space Free update applied, now app will not open.
  • Note: The App store is having an issue where certain apps are getting a corrupted download. The game itself is not necessarily broken but the copy you are getting will not function. Some people can delete the app (and lose all your data!) and download again a few hours later and everything works. I've heard that apple is working on the problem.
  • Just had something very weird happen to me on ABS hogs and kisses 1-16. I used the first white bird which destroyed the first part. The rubble and the birds corpse was all lying still on the ground. I scrolled to the left to shoot the second bird and in doing so I tapped on the bird's corpse. It shot up to the top right (the direction in which I was moving my finger)at a crazy speed, through the clouds and the structure above, far into the air. Were it not that the right part remained untouched I could definitely have made a new highscore.
    I double checked that I didn't accidentally used the 2nd bird but they were all still there.
    I haven't seen any other reports on this but I seems like a serious bug as it could give you a lot of points if it's shot right.
  • If this incident is not repeatable, it might not be worth reporting.
  • I have collected all 15 papayas. I've done it several times now and on my iPad, and it still won't sow I have all 15. I now I'm not missing one, and it says this glitch was fixed, but mine still shows 14. Any advice?
  • I have similar case as pulen527. I have collected all bananas and played levels several times to see which one I missed, but I can't see it. It still shows 14/15 bananas.
  • As far as we know, restarting your device and "reobtaining" all of a specific fruit (even if the crates and such are no longer labeled) should be sufficient.
  • Thank you, Slim. I will try that.
  • hi,i don't get it.why evreytime that i am entering to a chrome level i can't activate my birds abilities?
  • @mvnla2 Try clearing your Internet cache and such, but I've forwarded the message to BirdLeader.

@orange-bird: Try restarting your computer.
  • @mvnla2 Which specific pages have had this? Mighty Hoax 5-18? And where does it appear?
  • @AMslimfordy @BirdLeader-- BirdLeader thinks he fixed it. Just curious, whose privacy was involved in error message? I didn't think it was mine, but then I may not have paid that much attention??? I will let you know if it happens again. It was today's LOD (MH 5-18), but I have now seen it several times on different pages. I thought I sent message about it before, but maybe not, given that my internet access has been pretty spotty.
  • Not going to reveal that information, sorry. I hope you understand. It was not yours.
  • @AMSlimfordy -- Thanks. All I really wanted to know was that it is not mine!
    I guess I should ask if it's obvious if I look carefully, since it might happen again. If it does happen how do you want me to report it?
  • Couple of suggestions for groups:
    1) I keep having to reset the selection button from "everything" to "updates", it doesn't seem to remember from day to day. If making it remember is too difficult, having default be "updates" would be preferable.
    2) There is no really easy way to go from a group back to your all groups page, except to go back to the pull-down under your name --- which is way too difficult for us lazy people. ; )
  • Okay, I 3 starred every level in Space and all achievements except Episode 4 Get 3,450,000 pts. Any clue on best way to get my last achievement?
  • You could enter your scores on leaderboards to see which level you could most improve on :)
  • Am playing space/cupcake wars and I"m getting weird distorted animation over my game. Spinning moving shapes...eggs and grey blotches. Sometimes it freezes up and I have to force close. I'm using a zoom w/jellybean.
  • Sorry, I don't think we can help you. Not aware of any such legitimate game.
  • @AMslimfordy I'm also not sure what game miss piggy is referring to, but that is exactly what I have been experiencing in ABS on my Motorola Xoom, when running Android ICS and now JellyBean. It's especially bad with the new Utopia update, but also happened with earlier versions of Space.

It's like debris gets magnified 10-fold, with weird colors covering the screen. Just as miss piggy said, sometimes it looks like eggs (fried?) and sometimes it's just building debris. It can take a long time to clear, but usually does. But once in a while it requires a reset. Very annoying.

I see no evidence that it has any impact on scores, unless you get a great shot and then freezes.

This may be an issue with Motorola's implementation of Android.
  • @pourpete - jellybean is so new I'm sure there are bugs. I don't even have it yet. You are in the unfortunate position of being a live beta tester. I'm sure there will be an update to improve things, but I know that doesn't make you feel any better right now.

Sorry to hear of this inconvenience!
  • Thanks, PlayDBird. I really like JellyBean, but this glitch was also on ICS. And only on Angry Birds Space. Not ABO, Rio or Seasons. Also, no other apps. Another symptom, when this situation occurs, everything moves in slow motion. I can't see the destruction happening with the shot, but I can see the score increasing.

Not to date myself, but it is like the psychedelic movies from the 1960's. :-)

Wish I could get a video, but I'll try to post a few screen shots on the weekend.

In spite of this, I'm loving the Space/Utopia update. Lots of fun.

Happy flinging!
  • Sorry @PourPete, but I'm not the best resource for Android info. It may be best to contact either Android, Motorola, or Rovio about these issues. I'd love to help, I'm just very much an iOS user.
  • NP @AMslimfordy. It was interesting seeing that another Xoom user was having the same problem. BTW, can't say it enough to you, @Birdleader and @fujitoast ...thank you for creating such an awesome site.

The 'Nest is The Best!
  • I have this awesome glitch on my Android where I got The 3 star levels for Trick or Treat and Moon Festival WITHOUT HAVING TO 3 STAR THE LEVELS!!! :D
  • That doesn't sound like much fun...
  • I'm sure this has been mentioned before, but none of the achievements for finishing worlds 1-3 in the original Angry Birds have unlocked, even though I've completed all of the levels. Anyone know a fix?
  • I've got the same glitch @bbinmiami!
    S&T level 18 has a glitch, the top part of the structure sticks to the wall and the top, http://angrybir.de/Ngdlf6
  • The achievement bug was reported, Rovio was notified.
    Angry boy, that's not a glitch ... that's AB.
  • @HuDaFuK - I have same problem. I started playing ABO in March this year and those were worlds I finished first. Although I have three stared all levels achievment for Poached Eggs I don't have three achievement that you mentioned. Whatever I tried didn't work. I tried to play again making sure that I am connected to the Internet but still no achievements
This discussion has been closed. Please check the new forum.
← All Discussions
Post in the New Forum!