Level Glitches & Bugs (Moved to the "New Forum"!) Page 10
  • 1033 Comments
  • @AMslimfordy so for the Smash Maniac do you know which bricks count toward the total? Following some suggestions I have been playing golden egg-14 over and over again. Do you need to let the level finish for the bricks broken to count?
  • Hi,

World 14 has a bug on Game Centre

My score on Game Centre does NOT include the facebook levels but I have added up R-L-Ls scores (the first ABN member i recognosed from the leaderboard) from this forum and his score on Game Centre DO include the facebook levels (1570630+286430=1857060) , I was locked out of FB levels now I have completed them my Game Centre total is unchanged, so I am 600,000th :-( and should be 250,000 points better off.

SAL9 & co, do you know and GC people to let them know this bug for all the FB locked out people?
    Cheers
    Cridler
  • Hi.

Sorry I don't see an answer t my problem as my question re World 14 bug is on all leader boards, today, this week and all time, not just 1.

Sorry for the duplicate, just confused about where to post.

Cheers
    Chris
  • More spam?
  • @gagafa no spamming here.
  • Hello! My Android just did an AB Original update. (I also Twitter @'d you, so ignore that). Was there some bug fix? I didn't see anything new, & in the app market the "what's new" section didn't say anything.
  • Hi,

Is game centre reliable?

Ive ranted about World 14 not including my facebook scores but this is more fundamental. It is an adding up error!

I do stats at Uni so can prove there is 1 bug.

Episode 1 on Game Centre is made up of Worlds 1,2,3

World 1 I am 6570th which means there are at most 6569 people better than me
    World 2 I am 7412nd which means there are at most 7411 people better than me
    World 3 I am 13283th which means there are at most 13282 people better than me

There are no other permutations how someone can be better than me in episode 1.

So in the whole of Episode 1 there are a maximum of 6569+7411+13282 = 27262 (not 31150) people that can be better than me, not one more than that as it is a statistical fact (it should be a lot less as many of these will be the same people and bring the maximum “better-ers” down) but worst case if unique I should be no worse than 27263rd but I am 31449th which is statistically impossible. 4200 extra people have over taken me without being in worlds 1,2 or 3.

Just thought id let you know,

Cheers
    Chris

PS a similar example that looks correct is episode 15 , I am 13,800th , 19900th and 6611th in the worlds but 8837th in the episode.
  • oh jesus! if you do stats at uni you should be able to do the most simple additions! 6569+7411+13282 is 27262!! but never 31150!!
    and with the rest i cant help u! i imagine that there are some hackers that didnt play anything just submit any score, or it is just a mistake!
  • It's a system that is never up-to-date because it is constantly being updated. As you go from one screen to another, people are still playing.
  • Sorry I wrote this then played the game, changed the positions after upping my scores but not the sum (sorry was a bit cross when i wrote it), you are very correct, but people do stats in maths as they can't add up :-) plus it was 2 decades ago :-) makes my case stronger though! 4000 people jumped ahead.

Just scrolled down the leader board in GC and even Mr 1000th had over 15 million in Episode 1 , I have 4 million,

Whats the point if it is all so flawed. And some people have 9223372036854775807 points, even if you got 1 million points a second it would take you over 300,000 years to get this score.

Pah!

Thanks to this site we can mitigate all that rubbish and play within our selves,

Dont tell my tutor. He may take my first off me!
  • "It's a system that is never up-to-date because it is constantly being updated. As you go from one screen to another, people are still playing"

I agree but we are talking thousands out and that is if there are no duplicates ahead of me and I know there are at least 300 as on this site.

I am not sure it is an adding error , i think people have hacked into GC put there score in and not actually played. Veyr poor, GC should delete them.
  • On ABP 1-5 my slingshot sometimes dissappears.
  • Angry Birds Pistachio? It has randomly disappeared on me there, too. It's always come back, though.
  • Ohhh. Strange. Seems to be more than one thing wrong with Pistachio.
  • iOS: ABS: Year of the Dragon is VERY unstable for me on iOS 5.0.1. Constantly crashes and hangs during game play. The good thing is that even after all of its crashes, not once did the highscores.lua or settings.lua file become corrupt, which for me is monumental as it used to get corrupt at every turn.
  • How do I access the Facebook levels from Ham 'em High? I tap the FB logo, it says 'loading...' for a few seconds, but then nothing happens. Thanks!
  • Update your app to 2.0.2.
  • Hi,

Is score 1,557,680 on world 6 popular or what? So many people have this score, anyone know why?

Makes it hard to get into the top 10,000.
    Chris
  • Angry Birds Pistachio is now fixed! The new 3 star threshold is 170,000.
  • @cridler you shouldn't focus that much on Game Center. A lot of cheaters out there are hacking their scores. If it bothers you that much, consider contacting Game Center support or Rovio directly.

@blah level 5 right?
  • @sal9 Yup, level 1-5.
  • On original version I can only get level 1,4 and 7 everything else is locked. Whats up?
  • Not sure what you mean, sorry. Can you elaborate?
  • @mauigene , chapters 1, 4, and 6 are a beginning of a new world. Once ch. 1 is finished, then ch.2 will be unlocked then ch.3. As of 2.0.0., you can play in any begging level of a world and continue from there. Otherwise, you will need to pass World 1(Poached Eggs) to unlock all of the other worlds.
  • Why did that happen? What is the dismiss option in the forum supposed to do? For the forum topic "Game Center Friend Requests" I clicked Options/ dismiss (which was only option available), because that topic showed up with 90+ new comments, and they didn't disappear when I opened it (just previously to this I had opened it to clear 1 new comment). After picking dismiss the topic totally disappeared (I think), but maybe just moved down into the non-announcement list, which is where I eventually found it.
  • When something is marked as an announcement, it automatically goes to the top of the list. When you dismiss it, it will send it into the appropriate place(sorted by time).
  • Mine and Dine. Level 15-9, the white bird suddenly went purple in the mid air before bombing something and it did not hit anything. I restart the level many times, and redo the action, wait to see if something hit it. But it still repeating the same thing, any ideas?
  • @Hii Zhe Ki Which platform is this? And I believe that maybe it might have hit something because it does turn purple BUT only a small patch of purple near the eye, maybe? Is that what you see?
  • Was debris falling from the sky due to the explosion of the black bird?
  • Another thing, the Trick Or Trick big pumpkin suddenly exchange with the golden egg, I haven't even finish every level of Trick Or Trick yet!
  • A bunch of old (Feb) forum posts are showing up as unread / new today, even though there were none unread an hour or so ago : ) Not that serious, just another computer gremlin.
  • It's a usual thing that happens in the forum. Expect it to happen frequently.
  • I updated the Angry Bird Season before, it just happened 3 days ago. I've updated to the new one.
  • You likely obtained the regular Golden Egg in v2.0.0. After the levels switched back, the now-Big-Pumpkin remains unlocked.
  • And it won't light up, if I finish the level.
  • AB Fuji TV (Chrome) Poached Eggs level 2-20.
    Will not load, get's to 50% and goes no further.
    Any one noticed this?
  • I almost have all achievements on all three games, I'm only missing one, Smash Maniac, 2 questions: Is it still bugged, and Which level can you play for the achievement (the best option)?
  • @lordofangels, This has happened several times when your computer disconnects from the internet. Make sure you are connected and try again.
  • @zone020 it is not bugged in itself. If your settings file becomes corrupted, the counter may reset, but there is nothing wrong with the achievement as-is.
    The best level seems to be GE-14
  • @blahalb09, tried when connected to internet, no luck, level will just not load past 50%.
    Might have to try deleting the cookie and starting again.
  • What happened to Game Center? It no longer seems to give your ranking on individual levels, maybe except for seasons???
This discussion has been closed. Please check the new forum.
← All Discussions
Post in the New Forum!