With the Angry Birds Facebook launch only days away, Rovio has released a bit more information about what is likely its most unique feature: Power-Ups! Per the screenshot we included in our original announcement, it looks as if there were going to be five Power-Ups available; however, we only have details for four of them at the moment. If there are more we will be sure to update them here. For now, be sure to follow us on Facebook (if you already haven’t).
Update, Angry Birds Facebook is out now! Check out all the juicy details in our article here.
Things to keep in mind as it relates to Power-Ups:
- Power-ups are limited use, so you’ll have to use them sparingly.
- One can receive Power-Ups by receiving a “mystery gift” from a friend. These gifts are random, so you can’t predict which Power-Up you’ll receive.
- You can purchase Power-Ups, or bundles of Power-Ups, for $0.99 and up. They can also be earned via game play.
- Unlike the Mighty Eagle, power-ups can be used to help pump up your scores, thus improving your ranking on the leaderboard.
- You can use some Power-Ups together. For example, you can use King Sling with any other Power-Up.
- King Sling and Sling Scope are applied to all the birds in the level.
- How will you earn Power-Ups via game play?
- We don’t know exactly yet, but will try and find out.
- When you use a Power-Up and achieve a highscore will the leaderboard show what Power-Up you used?
- No, at this point in time it shows up just like a normal score. If you want to compete on a level playing field with friends just agree to not use Power-Ups.
- How is the Mighty Eagle used? Will it be used in the traditional sense (i.e. collecting feathers) or will it be considered more of a Power-Up?
- It is used in the transitional sense; however, the Mighty Eagle is limited. You have to purchase or earn more just like Power-Ups.
What are you thoughts and questions? Leave a comment below and let us know.
King Sling – Get Maximum Velocity
Achieve maximum power and velocity to slice through the pigs structures like a hot knife through butter!
Super Seeds – Super Size Your Birds
Super Seeds turn any bird into a bulbous, pig-popping giant, capable of squashing pigs in a single bound.
Sling Scope – Don’t Shoot in the Dark!
Use the patented Sling Scope laser targeting system for pinpoint pig-plowing precision!
Birdquake – Rattle the Battle
Shake the pigs very foundation and bring the pigs’ defenses crashing to the ground!