Man, Rovio has gotten so darn good about teasing us with what’s to come. Today is no exception! On the heels of the amazing release of Bad Piggies comes this perplexing image that they just posted to their Facebook page. The caption simply reads:
The birds are about to go on an adventure… but where? Clue tomorrow!
So I guess we will know more tomorrow, but who wants to wait a whole day. Not this guy! Well, unfortunately, like you, I don’t know what this is, but it’s fun to speculate. Here is what I see:
- Something covered by fabric. Duh!
- It’s seems to be space, as I see stars in the background
- There seems to be a faint outline of an atmosphere behind it
- I see what look like bird feet sticking out from the cloth (right side is the most prominent). As @pigbob stated, upon closer examination they looked to be webbed
- Okay, maybe it’s not in space. It also could be underwater, or standing on top of the water.
- By playing with the brightness and contrast @dr-omega found the secret “Hi!” (click for image) that is hidden in the bird’s body. Nice work!
Now, with that in mind, what does it remind me of? Well, my very first thought was it looked like a robe a Jedi in Star Wars would wear. I admit, there is just no way that is what it is. Right!?! In all seriousness, maybe it’s a teaser for a new Angry Birds Red Planet update? Though, if that were the case, it’s not really an “adventure” because they’ve already been there. Maybe it’s a new bird?
Well there you have it. I have no idea! But it’s fun to speculate. Thanks to @kcox2116 for tipping me off about this.