Would love some advice!

Home Forums Angry Birds Epic Forum Would love some advice!

• Hey guys, returning player. Played when it first came out and loved it but eventually quit for whatever reason. Now I want to come back and get back to the grind. I am currently lvl 16 and a lot has changed. I am mastery 2 to 3 on all of my birds with no set items :(. I am trying to find a good place to farm xp/snotlings/mastery but all of the posts I keep reading say to the SRC and other places and I keep getting killed and not making much progress with them.

Can anyone offer some help for a lower level player on where to go? I can’t quite beat the castle with all 3 pigs either, so I am working on leveling and getting more gear so I can tackle that.

Also I got my 100 free lucky coins and am debating which would be better, to buy one of the 5 final classes for a bird? If so, then which one would you suggest for a 1st purchase? Or should I buy the rage chili? Or, if something else, then which should I buy?

Any help would be appreciated, I love doing research on games and put in my due diligence looking up things, but all I can find is for the high levels and am kind of overwhelmed with all of the new stuff. I have almost considered restarting just so I can get back into the understanding of things, but I have a decent amount of time invested and would rather not.

Thanks!
    Lid

Viewing 25 replies - 1 through 25 (of 28 total)
  • Replies
  • Angry Johnny
    @angryjohnny

How far have you gotten in the game?

Lidralyn
    @lidralyn

Level 16 and I have unlocked most all of the zones I believe, I cannot get to the Cave because I can’t beat castle 5 with all 3 pigs in it. I also do not have the red key. But I have the other 2.

filthycasual
    @filthycasual

what are the 5 classes you don’t have?

Do you have paladin?

Paladin is my most used class. Best LCs spent so far.

Nytmair
    @nytmair

My earlier LC purchases were the rage chili and Paladin, and I would do it again. Love them both.

I wasn’t able to start beating SRC on auto-play until maybe lvl 25-30ish… Until then I used Desert Pig Castle a decent amount.

Check the first post in this thread by @MVNLA2. Lots of great info!

Mastery Points

Lidralyn
    @lidralyn

For Red I am missing Avenger
    Chuck I am missing Thunderbird
    Matilda I am missing Priest
    Bomb I am missing Sea Dog
    and Blues I am missing Skulkers

Lidralyn
    @lidralyn

Also for the life of me I cannot find out exactly what mastery does? Does it give the bird more attack/health? I’d assume so, but can’t find it anywhere to confirm

Angry Johnny
    @angryjohnny

Yes, every mastery level increases that specific class’ attack and health with 10%.

MVNLA2
    @mvnla2

@lidralyn — The earlier posts in the mastery, experience, and snoutlings forums contain info for lower levels. There is a really good thread on how to increase experience quickly (use swords in combination with experience potion). Increasing experience will help you a lot.
    I think the first thing I bought with LC was the golden chili, and I have never regretted it. I agree that Paladin should be your next choice. After that SeaDog, who is fantastic. I have all the classes, but “never” use Avenger or Priest. Leveling up Thunderbird and Skulkers, which were the last 2 I got, and are now 6 or 7, is on my priority list, but lower than a lot of other classes that I’m trying to get to 9 or 10.
    It really helps to farm snoutlings so you can buy all the mastery offered in the Dojo (even for low priority birds).

Lidralyn
    @lidralyn

I have the paladin, so I need to find a good zone to farm for snotlings using him hopefully.

What exactly does level do for me? I know now that mastery adds attack and health for each level. Why does me leveling help?

Thanks!

Green Whacker
    @dragonofheart73

Pig Prison would be a good place to start farming for snoutlings at your current level as the wealthy pig sometimes shows up. Once you get higher, you can move on to Dungeons then SRC itself eventually.

MVNLA2
    @mvnla2

@lidralyn — When you increase your level, it increases the health and attack of all birds by 10% (if I remember correctly).
    To beat Wizpig, you probably need higher levels of mastery for the birds you are going to use in the battle.
    Hmm … Need to add equivalence of mastery to old system of ranks to forum.
    But AIR, level 5 was the second rank (how soon I forget); so you probably need to be at least level 5 if not 7. You will probably need lots of potions also (20 or 30 each of hot veggie cake, pig cherry juice, and fruitcake). You can use a Mighty Eagles Favorite Dish (the sardine can) once you get to the second and final round in WizPigs castle. Unfortunately, they cost 45 LC for 3 if you haven’t managed to pick up some along the way. I currently have 4, so it appears that I got some without buying them.
    Once you get far enough along, the best way to get potions, IMO, is to buy them with snoutlings. However, since you are trying to level up everything, you might want to look at the forum on farming resources (might not be on the first page), and work on snoutlings, experience, mastery and resources at the same time.
    Goood Luck.

Lidralyn
    @lidralyn

So it seems I have a long way to farm before I can hit SRC most likely, and dungeons. So without any luck (bc mine is pretty bad lol) Which 3 birds should I work on as priority using Pig Prison so I can eventually break into dungeons and then to SRC would you recommend?

And should I spend my Lucky Coins on the Rage Chili? Or save for another class?

burbman
    @burbman

Golden Chili first for sure! IMO, there is no reason to focus solely on Pig Prison, just play lots of “easy” wave battles with different bird combinations to get the best understanding of how to use each headgear you have. Mastery gained in battle is very small when compared to purchasing with snoutlings at the dojo. After the chili, I would pick up the remaining classes as funds are available. Of the five classes you do not have, I would say Sea Dog is the most useful, followed by Skulkers, and the others are kind of a toss up.

KillerKea
    @killerkea

Definitely buy golden chili first, then the Paladin. The golden chili will greatly help you farm for experience and snoutlings. You can use the chili on Red to repeatedly kill the sword spirit in the old nesting barrows 4 to gain 5-6 snoutlings each time. You don’t have to and shouldn’t wait for the wheel spin before restarting the level to kill it again. You’ll be able to kill the spirit 6 times/min and earn 1500-1800 snoutling an hour. Another tactic to use with the golden chili for groups is to use Wizard, Spies and another bird or just those two then use the chili on your Wizard and it will pretty much kill everything on screen. Having Captain cast Whip Up! on your Spies will really enhance the damage you do.

Lidralyn
    @lidralyn

Ok went ahead and got my golden chili, time to start farming!

Bossk
    @henjovr

BTW, if you’re on android, be sure to get the free 100LC.
    (Code ANGRY-BIRDS )

Zack Voyager
    @zackvoyager

At your lv you can replay easy dungeons with the almost cheated combination Wizard+Spies+Piggy MC

Lidralyn
    @lidralyn

How do you replay dungeons? Once you beat them it won’t let me back in?

dr_ishmael
    @dr_ishmael

@lidralyn Dungeons used to have a “replay” button on the loot screen, but this was removed a couple patches ago. Now, any stage where you have to borrow a friend’s bird (as well as the Golden Pig) is non-repeatable.

Angry Johnny
    @angryjohnny

…unless you replay before you finish the last wave.

I used the following general strategy and tips for attacking the final castles and eventually Chronicle Cave:

I mostly stayed ‘behind the scenes’: I leveled my birds to the maximum level, made my most useful bird class Elite rankings (equivalent of mastery level 5) and acquired high health/set items.

A good goal would be to get all of your bird classes health over 1000, even Chuck.

For the most offensive class for Red is the samurai; a samurai with 3 X 180 and above would be pretty good for the first 4-5 caves of Chronicle Cave. However, there will be barriers with the samurai’s damage; the 3 X 100 and 200 barriers are difficult to overcome, the 3 X 300 (which I am currently trying to break) is even more difficult.

Another useful tip is that you don’t necessarily need to use Matilda in every battle. My Spies have healed 1010 to my entire team before. To use the Spies, your team must have a high damage range. The Marksmen would obviously give you a high range but you can’t use them along with the Spies.

Hope this helps!

kammy81
    @kammy81

@killerkea I’m not down with all the piggy lingo yet. When I started this game I was astonished when I realized I was grinding! This is an angry birds game and I find myself grinding for gear, money, resources. Totally unexpected! Lol… anyway my question is could you give me more clear direction as to where this spirit pig is you say is a good farm for snoutlings. Nesting barrows? Where’s that? Oh and what are SRC? LC? Etc… love this forum is actually helpful w/o the complaining and crying I usually see in game forums.

Anonymous

@kammy81 I can answer your question. Your thinking of the Sword Spirit who is in Old Nesting Barrows 4. He gives 4 Snoutlings when you knock him out. Its a decent farm but SRC which you also asked about is Star Reef Castle is better. Knocking out Wizpig gives 100 Snoutlings which is better over time. SRC is the best farm for Snoutlings.

KillerKea
    @killerkea

Nesting Barrows 4 is right below the Chronicle Caves. It is near the bottom center portion of the map right above the river. LC stands for Lucky Coins. You need the golden chili to be able to repeatedly kill the spirit sword. You can kill it 6 times a minute if you don’t waste time spinning the wheel. It used to pay 10 snoutlings each time you kill it. I thought it was 5 now, but I haven’t used that since SRC is the better option for higher level players. 25/minute still equals 1500/hr.

@kammy81, SRC=Star reef castle (Northwest on your map), LC is lucky coins. The locations mentioned in the snoutling, XP and mastery threads are abbreviated. The 3 letter abbreviations ending with C are usually castles.

Home Forums Angry Birds Epic Forum Would love some advice!

Viewing 25 replies - 1 through 25 (of 28 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.