Which Item Effects are Best?

Home Forums Angry Birds Fight! Forum Which Item Effects are Best?

• I’d like to know which SS item effects (for birds) you guys prefer. I’ve ranked all the ones I can think of:

For hats:
    1. boost vs. winning streaks
    2. boost based on panels matched
    3. boost against higher level
    4. +100(varies) boost to shield
    5. boost against one pig (40%) in lab
    6. boost in first/last 10 seconds
    7. added panels in bonus time
    8. [no effect] :(

For weapons:
    1. boost vs. winning streaks
    2. boost based on panels matched
    3. +100(varies) boost to attack
    4. arena prize – boost against all pigs (20%) in lab
    5. boost against one pig (40%) in lab
    6. boost against higher level
    7. boost in first/last 10 seconds
    8. [no effect] :(

For accessories:
    1. panel appearance increase (definitely!)
    2. health boost vs. winning streaks
    3. arena trophy (sabotage enhancer)
    4. angry panel appearance
    5. arena trophy- sabotage enhancer
    6. sabotage blocker in bird fights
    7. sabotage blocker in pig lab
    8. old arena trophy (fever enhancer)
    9. [no effect] :(

I’m sure these rankings will vary from bird to bird and player to player but these are my general opinions. Anyone else think differently?

Viewing 25 replies - 1 through 25 (of 29 total)
  • Replies
  • TomT
    @tomt

I’ve always loved “increase panel appearance”

monsterpighunter
    @corporalpig

I’m pretty sure the +100 boost for weapons is actually an attack boost and it’s only for the SS red weapon in the jumpstart package and it’s +150

and where are the SS items from monster pig events with skills not mentioned like the rare frog hat which has +3 bonus time and the ”no skill”

jay-red-1
    @jdweagle1

@corporalpig Yes, currently only the Fortune Hammer has that effect, but I’ll leave it there just in case more are added later on.

As for the monster items, I didn’t remember those but I have now added them. Thank you.

monsterpighunter
    @corporalpig

”no skill” is still missing but I guess it’s the worst of all even with higher stat than items with a skill

TomT
    @tomt

@jdweagle1 Why do people like weapons effect with attack boost when fighting winning streaks?

I thought attack boost when matching panels was better?

troisdsmax
    @troisdsmax

The weapon from last event for the blues have a +100 attack also. Not only the hammer.

jay-red-1
    @jdweagle1

@troisdsmax Was that an SS item? I don’t recall it being so.

@tomt
    Again this comes down to personal opinion. Both types have pros and cons. Panel boosts are consistent and especially powerful combined with panel increase items. However, the winning streaks, when they apply, often guarantee a win. For example, with my Stella, I can get up to 2200 shield even without the Parfume Bottle.

troisdsmax
    @troisdsmax

@jdweagle1 it was an S item won with like 1500 points.

Its the compass. Bonus attack +100

Its a pretty good S item for the blues.

jay-red-1
    @jdweagle1

@troisdsmax Oh yeah, I sold it right away. In this thread I’m just talking about SS items because otherwise there would be too many effects to count.

TomT
    @tomt

@jdweagle1 So I guess Big Ben is the best weapon for Red?

For matched-panel boost, the more panels you match, the more boost you get at the end. How about winning-streak boost? The more winning streaks your opponents have, the more boost you get?

troisdsmax
    @troisdsmax

Clearly big ben is the best weapon for Red. I have Big Ben and the colored hammer and even with the 150 attack bonus i rarely get to 1400 attack. I get regularly to 1500 with big ben

jay-red-1
    @jdweagle1

@tomt No winning streak bonus is not based on size of streak. I think it adds maybe 40-50% extra of that stat.

@troisdsmax
    I agree, Big Ben is better than the hammer. However, if you want a more consistent boost, the Shuriken is also good and maybe even better if combined with the Rockstar Glasses. But currently I don’t have any of the three.
    :(

TomT
    @tomt

@jdweagle1 I think Big Ben + Golden Halloween Red Trophy is a good combo.

I’m level 30, with the gold trophy, my Red has 600+ health

monsterpighunter
    @corporalpig

the golden pig ghost also has no skill but no skill isn’t listed for off-hand items

Saren
    @saren

There is no 1 BEST ability in the game.

Overall the raw 150att/120def bonus ability is best if you play just average game.

If you play realy well the bonus if your birds pannels are matched are better than raw bonus.

If your oponent is on winning spree then the bonus against winning spree items are better than bonus if your birds pannels are matched.

If your oponent is higher level then the bonus against higher level is better than bonus against winning spree

For accessories overall the appearance rate bonus is best, with special mention to sabotage block bonus in arenas.

Pees2te
    @pees2te

What do you chose to bomb cup

Hat.
    1. Rare frog hat def.334 +bonus time
    2. witch hat def.279 +def boost when opp.win str.

other
    1.thief mask def178 +block sabot
    2. Radio cassette att.115 +increases panel
    3. Viking beard att109+ angry pan. randomly

jay-red-1
    @jdweagle1

@saren This list is just my general opinions. However, for some birds I like the panel boosts better and for others I like the winning streak bonuses better.

@pees2te
    My Bomb is one of my two under equipped birds with: Hat- Rare Kaijuu Hat, Weapon- Axe, Accessory- Radio. However I’m almost certain I’ll get another SS item because I’ve saved up 40 gems specifically for the Exclusive Slot. Crossing my fingers- :P

FreckledPig147
    @freckledpig147

My personal opinion:

Weapons:
    1. boost against higher level
    2. fixed attack bonus
    3. bonus from matched panels
    4. boost against winning streaks
    5. boost in first/last 10 seconds

Hats:
    1. def. boost against higher level
    2. fixed defense bonus
    3. def. bonus from panels matched (gold)
    4. more panel erases in bonus time
    5. def. boost against winning streaks
    6. def. boost in first/last 10 seconds

Accessories:
    1. panel appearance increase
    2. sabotage block
    3. angry panel appearing
    4. boost against winning streaks
    5. health bonus against bird
    6. health boost against winning streaks
    7. attack/defence boost against bird
    8. sabotage enhance
    9. fever enhance

I might have mixed up the skills a little, since I don’t remember all the skills and which item type they are associated with. I would find boosts-against-streak skills not as reliable because you can’t rely on opponents having win streaks. Of course, skills have different ranks and are better compared to some (gold fever boost >> bronze sabotage boost, but gold bonus time >>> bronze fever boost), depending on the rank, so I just put the skills on order of most reliable to least reliable (meaning, giving you more of an edge, better overall performance and less prone to failure). There are also dilemmas with choosing items of higher stats or better skills. I personally find good weapons can compensate well for a poor hat, since some of my losses are due to not doing enough damage – not surprisingly because I have no SS weapon.

jay-red-1
    @jdweagle1

@freckledpig147 Do you really think higher level boosts are that good? They also depend on your opponent too. I have one for Matilda, but I don’t use it because she’s already level 35.

monsterpighunter
    @corporalpig

boost against higher level and boost agains certain bird suck

TomT
    @tomt

What exactly happens during fever time? Other than the angry panel and flashing background…

llrr
    @llrr

@tomt everything you earn is doubled

FreckledPig147
    @freckledpig147

@jdweagle1 For me, my birds are still at least 10 levels from Lv. 35, and my only anti-higher level item is on Red. Since higher levels naturally have the upper hand most of the time (stat-wise), the skill evens it up so you can have a better chance against them, so you won’t have to worry either way. Of course, it becomes useless at level 35, but for me, I don’t have any better hat for Red (the item with the boost against higher levels is an S item). It can also be helpful in the arena if your birds are underleveled.

monsterpighunter
    @corporalpig

I’m not even gonna try to get the gold bomb trophy since I have the curry pot which is much better than the gold trophy, I’m only gonna participate for the gems

I have:
    doublesided axe **
    caviar roll ***
    curry pot ***

the *s mean the amount of times I enhanced it

Rhino
    @rhinofreak

I’d still prefer boost for panels matched instead of winning streaks one.
    My Matilda has got a Samba Tambarin **** but it is rather ineffective unless opponent is in winning streaks.

On topic I have a question, whice accessory should I keep for Chuck?
    1. SS Golden Pig Ghost (246 health) / No skill
    2. SS Angry face paint (138 attack) / Angry panels appear randomly (silver)

It’s also worth noting that Chuck is my captain and my health of ship is also affected by the items thanks to Royal Ship Mast

Home Forums Angry Birds Fight! Forum Which Item Effects are Best?

Viewing 25 replies - 1 through 25 (of 29 total)
  • The forum ‘Angry Birds Fight! Forum’ is closed to new topics and replies.