When will Rovio learn how to give proper compensation?

Home Forums Angry Birds 2 Forum When will Rovio learn how to give proper compensation?

• It’s well known that bugs & cheats can kill a game. But when you aren’t able to prevent them, the next best thing is to give decent compensation.

Why can’t Rovio get this basic thing?

Case A:

A month ago my clan lost a close battle against another clan which had a couple of obvious cheats. We reported them from the first day of the battle, and reported yet again on the second day (by more of us). The battle ended, we “lost” (by a very small margin still)… but we kept waiting, and hoping Rovio will answer the reports. And they sort of did… but quite late on the reward collection day, by which time we had resigned and collected the pearls, to avoid that we lose those too. Then they come and remove the cheat in the other clan, show us as “winners” but with no rewards. And mind you, it was a double-feathers event that day, so basically we lost 4 x 6000 = 24.000 feathers + Legendary chest (which, in the event of a legendary card with feathers, could have alone provided up to 30.000 other feathers).

And what does Rovio do to “compensate” us? A miserly rare chest and 500 feathers. WTF? Given that I for example got 3 useless spells out of that chest, I basically got somewhere between 1 and 2% of the feathers I was entitled to. And meanwhile the clan with cheaters who should have lost, got their double feather rewards. We complained about the ridiculous reward, and their answer was that it “wouldn’t be fair towards other players” to give us more. Again… WTF?

Case B:

Yesterday MEBC was down for a few hours for many players towards the end of the round. For those of us who play at the end of the day, that meant we basically lost the chance to play our round. I made a complaint to Rovio… and now it’s almost 24 hrs and no answer yet. Something tells me they don’t even intend to… and let alone come up with any kind of compensation.

I’ve purchased the daily letter package a few times last year, but if they are so miserly they will not see a dime from me anymore (and when I say miserly, I mean stupid-miserly, because it’s not like we ask compensation in real money… it literally doesn’t cost them anything, other than a few minutes to deploy some virtual goodies to the affected players; or when they do offer compensation, what’s costing them to make sure it’s anywhere close to the loss suffered by the player?).

Viewing 18 replies - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • Replies
  • maverick
    @maverick78

Rovio could care less about cheaters,  and they reward clans that play with cheaters.   Rovios claim that it’s unfair to punish the rest of the clan that harbors cheaters is laughable.  He geniuses, how in gods name is it fair to the clan that gets beat by the cheater clan?  We had a blatant cheater in our last battle that Rovio did nothing about.  The players fp increased 25 points in less than 24 hours with no hatching or slingshot upgrade, and they finished 5th in the event. Rovio just twiddled their thumbs and rewarded the cheaters.

Flinx
    @flinx

Looks to me like that player increased their temporary hat bonus and therefore, no increase to their slingshot.  How is that cheating?

maverick
    @maverick78

I’m sorry but there’s no way in hell they got that many bonus points for each hat On the tower of fortune, in less than 24 hours.  That math and luck does not add up

maverick
    @maverick78

Why is someone spending 100k gems to boost hats by 1 point, when that hat will be a worthless exotic hat in a couple days time?  That logic does not compute.

Flinx
    @flinx

I’m kinda old school, not very tech savvy and don’t even know how a person CAN cheat this game.  By my count they could’ve achieved those gains with as few as 7 trips to the ToF.  Don’t even get me started on the ToF! I’ve been robbed there many times myself so I certainly realize it would take some coin to do it, but it could easily be done.

Why they would spend that much is any bodies guess. Not meaning to argue about it, just pointing out an alternative possibility.

Kochschwein
    @jaspertm-l

Yes, there are people who always have enough gems to keep playing, in TOF, in the arena, in daily challenges, in hat events, at Feder Bonus, in treasure chests, wherever. As long as you can pay with gems in the game, there will be people with infinite gems. 999,999 gems! The internet is full of AB2 gem hacks. That’s cheating either!

Takayasu
    @takayasu

Just lost 170 gems on Tower of Misfortune. Was nearing level 30 and collected some gems to help cover the 170 gems, when the app hung on me. Wrote a ticket to Rovio but as I have done countless times before, do not expect to receive any compensation.

maverick
    @maverick78

this is a top 100 clan that plays with cheaters.  Pig killer was banned post battle for manipulating flock power, but since Rovio rewards clans that cheat we get nothing and the cheaters win

https://www.angrybirdsnest.com/wp-content/uploads/hm_bbpui/236953/n1qguv8krnmdzhhags7xssn4ucgpd51r.png

maverick
    @maverick78

I have to give Rovio some credit.  They went in and cleaned this cheater clan out, and banned 19 of their players.   What a bunch of cheating losers!

maverick
    @maverick78

If you think you’re going to collect any rewards after a battle, when half the other team is banned for cheating, you can think again.  If you collected the pearl placement reward before the cheaters were banned,  Not only are you completely screwed from receiving 12k feathers and a legendary chest, but the other clan members that weren’t banned we’re able to collect the winning rewards.  And Rovio does nothing to compensate those who collected early, except they’ll send 500 measly feathers or a rare chest in piggy mail, and consider the situation resolved.

moral to the story, Rovio rewards cheaters and screws honest players

JJ
    @jj-gotcha

Maverick- I just got the same canned response from the same “support bot” (Klaudia).  I replied that the have had YEARS to fix the cheating loopholes and that I am SICK TO DEATH of spending lots of time and piles of gems only to be denied the prizes that we non-cheaters deserve.  I think the ONLY way they will actually fix this crap of cheaters collect/fair winners get zilch is if a significant number of us quit buying ANYTHING for at least 2 months or more.

I may get banned for all I told them (wasn’t abusive, but def steamed!), but at this point I am so sick of their robo-replies, lack of respect for non-cheaters who’ve played a long time, and nonchalance toward cheating in general.  They always try to play it down, as if only “a few” are cheating…PUHLEEEZE!

Takayasu
    @takayasu

I actually just received a refund for the 170 gems lost on the Tower of Fortune when the app hung on me (see a few posts up). It has never happened before: a refund of gems, so I am genuinely surprised. I did receive a refund of pearls once some time back when the app hung on me during a hat purchase.

Maybe Rovio is improving, ever so slightly?

maverick
    @maverick78

Here’s Rovios pathetic excuse as why they are incapable of granting rewards to winning clans when they have been beat by cheaters, who are subsequently banned after the battle (keep in mind the only reason these players are caught and banned are because of our reporting, and NOT because of any cheating safeguards implemented by Rovio,because they don’t exist).

This has only been going on for years and either Rovio is completely incompetent and too lazy and  cheap to write the single line of code that can easily “reliably exclude only the affected players “, or they just don’t give a damn about cheaters everywhere in this game , and more importantly could care less about the honest players.

maverick
    @maverick78

>I’m sorry but Rovio claiming they can’t determine who has and hasn’t claimed a reward after a clan event ends is just a bald faced lie.  They  literally know the who what when and where the split  second it happens, and are dolling  out either a pearl placement reward, or 12k feathers/legendary chest to that players in real time.  But all of a sudden when half the other team is banned for cheating, and many of my clan have already claimed pearl rewards, they can’t figure out anything?  Please spare me.  Like show some pride in your work and product for christs sake.

JJ
    @jj-gotcha

@maverick78  You are SO right!  Aside from their lack of pride, what’s it really to them whether some members of the non-cheating team collect twice?  They don’t care that

1)  the cheaters get TONS of loot while cheating, keep others from being on leaderboards, and make the game much less enjoyable,

2) others spend gems trying their dead-level best to beat the cheaters,

3)  it’s insane to ask people to keep checking back every hour or two for 24 hours to see if in fact they’ve won after cheaters are removed, and

4) it’s not like those “rewards” cost Rovio a flipping dime (do NOT get me started on those insulting “feather awards” on the map, “pearl awards” anywhere other than battles, or “gem awards” anywhere other than floor 60 of ToF). 🙄

If Rovio sends me one more canned response about “we’re working hard to resolve the cheating issues…blah blah”  I WILL VOMIT.  They have become a well-oiled greedy pig machine, and my current hiatus is long overdue!

maverick
    @maverick78

I agree with JJ 100%.  It’s just utter nonsense and complete madness that the onus is on us to catch the cheaters running roughshod throughout this game.  Why the hell am I responsible for  taking tons of screenshots, constantly monitoring leaderboards for suspicious activity (which is only every other battle , because literally half our clan battles are vs cheaters over the past year), and then finally we file some stupid complaint that rarely gets a response before the battle ends.  Incompetent imbeciles really test my patience.

JJ
    @jj-gotcha

@maverick78  Maybe we need to send Rovio some bills for all the work we’ve done, tickets we’ve opened and followed up on, and for any gem purchases we made trying to beat cheaters (essentially buying them some rewards!).  If it weren’t so infuriating, it would be a long hard laugh at their incompetence and pathetic business practices.

maverick
    @maverick78

@JJ I think a class action lawsuit would get their attention

Home Forums Angry Birds 2 Forum When will Rovio learn how to give proper compensation?

Viewing 18 replies - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.