What do you think about the changes to the Arena?

Home Forums Angry Birds 2 Forum What do you think about the changes to the Arena?

• Now you can choose another opponent, if you consider it is an unfair challenge, but you have to pay gems.

Viewing 19 replies - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • Replies
  • Derm
    @ekkie

doesnt mean much tbh.

Inigo Montoya
    @inigomontoya

Have you tried it, @Ekkie? It seems like throwing away 15 gems with a good chance that the next assigned opponent will be even stronger; better to save them in case you need to buy birds at the end, no?

Derm
    @ekkie

@inigomontoya , agreed. Its not worth. Just a waste of gems.

Vogel Birdson
    @stevey

This has actually helped me with the current Super Streak weekend.

I wouldn’t normally consider spending gems like this, especially not during a normal arena streak, but having the chance to face an opponent of lower flock power (eg to reduce a ridiculously large gap) it’s been useful. I haven’t seen it give me an opponent of higher FP yet though…

15 gems isn’t so bad. If it were something like 60 or more, I certainly wouldn’t.

AngryBirdStar
    @maria-cilento

It helped me a bit too, I could change to a better opponent, lower FP for example,  4 or 5 times this week.

Vogel Birdson
    @stevey

Well it’s already had the adverse affect for me:

Instead of giving me an opponent with a lower FP, it kept giving me high or higher opponents. I mean a difference of 10 or 20 I’d still give a go with, but with 40 or 50 (which was happening) it was ridiculous. I had to click Change 4 or 5 times but still had an opponent of much higher FP.

I defeated them in the end but only after having spent another 60 gems to continue.

So, the intended objective of getting players to spend (or rather, waste) more gems worked!

More fool me… but I would point out I was at streak 10/10 so was keen to win and get that super streak prize.

AngrySmurf
    @angrysmurf

Helped me too.  On the last step going for a Legendary chest, I first got matched with opponent of +150 FP with 4 spells.  Decided to give a try at donating 15 gems, and got a more reasonable opponent of +20 FP with no spells.  Ended up easily defeating using 5 spells – actually swamped ’em getting 9 stars!  Not sure I would consider using gems unless it were to last few steps of the Arena or a special Streak.

Buzzeeee
    @buzzeeee

The real question is: why should we have to pay extra gems to try to be matched with a more fair opponent?  It feels a little like extortion.

AngryBirdStar
    @maria-cilento

Welcome to Rovio’s world: you pay you play! Still, I love the game…

Flutterfly
    @flutterfly

This past week I opted to change to a new opponent. First time I tried using this option. Never again. I was in the Diamond League heading into Level 7 trying to have a successful streak. I was given an opponent with a 50+ FP higher with all 5 spells. So I switched to a new opponent but was given a 100+ FP + all 5 spells so I spent another 15 gems trying to get an opponent with a lower FP. No luck after spending 75 gems. Every opponent I got was a much higher FP and all came with 5 spells. I ended up taking all my spells…my FP is over 400 and I wound up having to spend another 180 gems to win the streak.

I don’t like the changes to the Arena. I used to come in 1st place in Diamond League every week but since the Legendary League was introduced, it is a big struggle to be in 1st place and I’m left with no spells by end of week. Even going back down to Diamond League the game is now practically impossible to win a full streak. I’m considering falling back down a few leagues to see if it is any easier winning full streaks. Rovio has made it absurdly unfair that only the top 3 win in Legendary and everyone else gets nothing for their efforts for the whole week. I’m wondering if it will be any easier in the lower leagues. Anyone know?

AngryBirdStar
    @maria-cilento

Well, I did get better opponents with this option, 4 or 5 times this week, so I am happy with it, I think it is a good thing.

Inigo Montoya
    @inigomontoya

I just chose to change opponents with a 419 FP and all five spells to my 357 FP, using 15 of my 17 gems to do so because it’s the 10th level of SSW for a Legendary Chest, and guess what that bought me? An opponent with 427 FP and all five spells. Never again!(Full disclosure: in the end I did win 33.3M to 19.3M, so who knows?)

RIP Piggies
    @rippiggies

Reality is you don’t know if your opponent is easy or hard until you’ve played. Plenty of times I’ve easily beaten +120FP with all five spells (even just taking in three myself!) but also plenty of times I’ve been whipped by someone -20FP.

AngryBirdStar
    @maria-cilento

It happened to me today, twice I changed opponents for the 10th level, got stronger birds, increased FP and spells, but guess what? In the end it was a very easy win!

angrynerds2
    @angrynerds2

This sucks. I always get opponents with more and more flock power and spell cards.

jo-ha
    @jo-ha

The option is a rip-off. If I had recorded my first and only try I would propably gotten a refund. There are 2-3 opponents within my flock power range that are very good that I also encounter on a regular basis. One of them is called Jenna and has a star as an Avatar. I saw that Avatar, 5 spells, so I thought: might as well try that fancy new option. The game was searching for like 5-6 seconds and boom, the new opponent popped up: Jenna with 5 spells. Thank you. From multiple standpoints this is propably the stupidest alsogrithm I have ever encountered.

AngryBirdStar
    @maria-cilento

I guess it is a bit like the tower, if you are lucky… still, if I get a really hard opponent, I think I will try…

Psygaz
    @psygaz

I tried once to see what it was all about. Rovio met my expectations. Waste of space.

AngrySmurf
    @angrysmurf

So I was playing the Arena, got to 10 “level” streak with a Legendary award. my opponent was +150 FP but no spells so I thought about buying a different opponent- ended up going with it since I’d have five spells and one extra from the vid. My opponent ended up tossing all his/her birds by the time I’d tossed two – scoring a whopping 341K – yes, you read that right 341,000. I beat him/her on my first bird and had to waste my spells. I don’t get their matching algorithm, makes no sense. I took it though and managed 8K feathers from the Legendary Box – not bad.

Home Forums Angry Birds 2 Forum What do you think about the changes to the Arena?

Viewing 19 replies - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.