What are the chances of finding an overpower in 10 golden crates?

Home Forums Angry Birds Transformers Forum What are the chances of finding an overpower in 10 golden crates?

• I was wondering what are the chances of getting overpower for a bot when you buy 10 golden crates in an event. (All of my bots are at least level 15)
    I’ve done this about 3 or 4 times, but never got any overpower.
    Is this just a matter of bad luck or are the chances to get overpower just very small?
    Btw, sometimes I see screenshots of the results of opening 10 golden crates with 2 or even 3 overpowers in it, but for me it’s always nada! ( On the other hand it would be normal that these are posted if they are very uncommon.)

Viewing 22 replies - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • Replies
  • FortressMaximus
    @fortressmaximus

I don’t know,  but offhand I think I probably get an overpower 80% of the time that I open 10 gold crates.  Usually the overpowers I get are for bad characters that I dont use or care about, but there have been a couple of good ones.

Asen_77
    @asen

I am trying to open 10 gold crates on every event that I played. If there is nothing as new bot or something else to get or possibility to over power my most used bot, I take 10 gold crates every time. I could say that 4-5 times didn’t get overpower from the time that we get possibilities to open gold crates with tokens. But as it was mentioned, I got overpower for a non used bots. Just a few times get overpower to a bot that I really use in daily play. Which is not that strange, as we vgot 67 bots at this moment and most used are 5-7 bots. Before update that allows us to open 10 gold crates I used tokens to overpower bots that are available at the current event.

GrimLockdown
    @grimlockdown

I have 365 rare, epic and legendary accessories plus 67 TFs. So the ratio of getting an overpower by opening 10 Gold crates is 670:432 (*) IF all items have the same probability.

So, on the average I should get an overpower.

(*) Plus there are tokens and 💎 which should be added to 432.

deindiaan
    @deindiaan

I’ve opened a lot of crates with tokens… Last 40/50 no overpowers anymore. Had some before… Hoping to get them this event. Did get a lot of items were you normally spend 5000 tokens for. And of course lots of item upgrades. I can overpower hound now for 8000 tokens… But only 2% so I’ll try the gold crates again.

moi
    @moifirst

That sounds familiar, what @deindiaan says about getting less overpowers from the golden crates lately. I think I’ll just take the 2% for Hound.

EDIT (9h later): Maybe in another event I’ll take the 10 golden crates option, because the chances of getting an overpower are apparently not as bad as I assumed. Just had bad luck.

moi
    @moifirst

Guess what!
    I’ve just opened 1 golden crate and   ……….  got an overpower for Smokescreen (L15 -> L16). Together with my already collected overpower for Hound (also L15 -> L16), this (Target Acquired) hasn’t been a bad event after all.

The Dark Knight
    @elpapam

@moifirst For me i had never won any overpower prize in the single golden crate. Though in the 10 Golden Crates i have won maximum 4 overpowers.

I guess we are both lucky and unlucky in the opposite directions lol.

moi
    @moifirst

@elpapam To return to the subject of this topic, could you tell me if these (maximum of) 4 overpowers you’ve gathered from the 10 golden crates, were from a small number of purchases of these 10 golden crates? Or have you been buying them in (almost) every event?

The Dark Knight
    @elpapam

@moifirst not always i am not spending gems on buying them (1800 gems) but i play the events when and if the events are interesting me. So this time 10 golden crates gave me 2 overpowers to Barricade 17 -> 18 and 22 -> 23 Ratchet and 1750 Sparks and some accessories upgrades. Not always i am getting overpower items. But one strange 10 Golden crate was that i have mentioned earlier 4 overpower plus 1600 & 1750 sparks in the same 10 Golden Crates. That one was a blast!

moi
    @moifirst

@elpapam Thanks for your clarification!

The Dark Knight
    @elpapam

@moifirst To be honest i would love more sparks in the golden crates rather having so many overpowers. But this is something irrelevant for someone else.

moi
    @moifirst

@elpapam I think, that most of us would rather have sparks than overpowers, because the overpowers are not as great as promised and sparks can be used for promotion of bots (, and you need a whole lot of them).
    R/E said, when overpowers were introduced about 1 year and 9 months ago, that in this way differences in usefulness between bots would be balanced (or something like that). But when I see a video on YouTube of Bumblebee maxed out at level 25, I would rather use a decent bot at level 10 than Bumblebee at level 25.
    So the use of overpowering has only a limited effect, although I must admit that bots are getting better after overpowering them.
    But of course this is all a bit off-topic.

The Dark Knight
    @elpapam

@moifirst in my eyes the overpower was introduced to us so that R/E lower the original power of 15 level’s bots and to regain that original power by overpowering them totally trash!

But yes that’s why i spend more than 15k gems in buying sparks someday ago with that special offer that was been offered. And i believe i should have spend more gems… my bad from my side…

pandaczar12
    @pandaczar12

I’d say the 80% target is pretty close. I’ve gotten none most often, but I’ve also gotten 2-3 on occasion.  So it feels to me just slightly  less than 1 OP per 10 crates.

I’d actually prefer OP to sparks. The point of sparks is to help win tokens in events, in the hopes I can OP a bot. I’d rather just jump directly to the OP.

moi
    @moifirst

Although I don’t want to start  a ‘yes it is, no it isn’t’ -discussion, I feel that the chances are more like 10-20% (based on 7-8 X 10 golden crates + 1 X 1 golden crate, where I’ve got 2 X an OP  in total). Up till now I’ve never got 2 or more upgrades at once.

VaBeachGuy
    @vabeachguy

I bought two of the 1400 gem crates and got 2 overpowers and an upgrade for one of my bots from 14 to 15.

pandaczar12
    @pandaczar12

I bought a bunch of the discounted gold crates… not one legendary item. It’s almost as if the cheaper crates have worse items.

Optimus_Pig
    @optimuspig

I only had enough tokens leftover for the three Spark containers and one Gold Crate at the end of the Hot Rods special event.

My Gold Crate contained an Overpower for Hound.

I realize this is extremely rare, but it does happen.

Andrew
    @andrewinireland

I’ve been getting Gold Crates with tokens since they were added to the Exchange, only once did I open a crate a find no Overpower. And in a couple of cases I’ve even had two Overpowers.

pandaczar12
    @pandaczar12

@andrewinireland

what level are you?  I’m really starting to think that the higher your rank, the lower the probability you will get an OP.

Optimus_Pig
    @optimuspig

Opened one Gold Crate, got an overpower for Strongarm

Braeden
    @cybersg

I agree, overpower is somewhat rarer than when you are a higher rank. I just wish R/E would help us out and not make everything rigged. But there are some things that they’ve done right, like adding sparks.

Home Forums Angry Birds Transformers Forum What are the chances of finding an overpower in 10 golden crates?

Viewing 22 replies - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.