War Season 3 and 2.4.1.0 Update

Home Forums Angry Birds Transformers Forum War Season 3 and 2.4.1.0 Update

• Hi all,

It looks like War Season 3 will probably start August 01, 2020 (UTC). It will probably be another 2 months (August & September). PrimePass will probably be available for purchase again.

Update 2.4.1.0 also shows a new Combiner “eruption!” Character (someone take a guess), and improvements to War (“Late Joiner and Loyalty Bundle”):

Viewing 25 replies - 1 through 25 (of 42 total)
  • Replies
  • moi
    @moifirst

There is a new squad called Officers, consisting of 2 bots, which probably could be obtained by buying the prime pass for season 3.
    Also there might be a solution for the constant crashing of the Challenge Run. I’ve done two runs now and no crashing! Let’s hope that this is standard and not an exception.

Btw: There’s no new character in the combiner squad visible, but there’s another new squad with (up till now) 0 members, which is called Gestalt.

GrimLockdown
    @grimlockdown

It looks like the Combiners squad is getting fifth member – a first.

Soundwave
    @soundwave

I’m sure the new combiner will go in the “Gestalt” squad.  Gestalt is another term used for a combiner in the world of Transformers.

RizDub
    @rizdub

It looks like the season 3 exclusives are going to be Ratchet and Starscream.

ABT
    @abt

@soundwave / @moifirst I agree. The new combiner will likely be in the “Gestalt” squad since you can’t more than 4 TF in one squad. (note: Gestalt: Generally only a “big robot” combiner with an emergent personality per tfwiki.net)

The 2 “missing” TFs in the new Officers squad is likely going to pay-only exclusives for Season 3’s PrimePass.

@moifirst
    There’s no mention of any fixes for Challenge Run in this release, so I’m not holding my breath. Besides the initial crash on the splash screen for the 1st run, it’s been pretty stable for me though.

SnTrooper
    @sntrooper

New Character is Volcanicus. His sword is on the Gestalt squad’s logo.

SnTrooper
    @sntrooper

Got the two new Prime Pass battle damaged varients as buddies. Ratchet has the same weapon as Hound except the large blasts come in from the sides like Ironhide’s. Starscream has the same weapon as Nightbird except he throws stone blocks instead of ice.

moi
    @moifirst

Officer Starscream in action

officer-starscream-inaction.jpg

BarbieB
    @barbieb

Any clues when Kindle players will be able to upgrade to the new 2.4 update? Kindle store still has 2.3 as the most recent version.

CougRon
    @cougron

Is the new star scream variant maybe supposed to be Starscream’s Ghost? I got him for the first time today as a companion and while traditionally starscreams ghost has just been displayed as see through this extremely battle damaged variant struck me as being very dead or zombie like in appearance And might be a cool take.

JoeBlack
    @craftymitts

yea great and since ive made every download and update from my kindle fire and now cant do that (need unsecure apk downloads to do so) to get download from google play store AND since the ROVIO support is unhelpful…clueless… and in dire need of reading comprehension classes…i cant play

JoeBlack
    @craftymitts

ROVIO refuses to send this new update to Amazon so anyone with a Kindle Fire can’t play. I spoke with Amazon btw…

deindiaan
    @deindiaan

@craftymitts

I’m not familiar with these Kindle fire tablets, but if it’s running on Android there should be a setting where you can adjust that you can download and install unsecured apk’s from third parties.

moi
    @moifirst

And here are some pics of Officer Ratchett (as a mate)

officer ratchett1.jpg

officer ratchett2.jpg

officer ratchett3.jpg

BarbieB
    @barbieb

@craftymitts

Why would they refuse to send it to Amazon? That makes no sense…

I keep everything synced to the cloud, so I downloaded ABT onto my cell phone from the Google Play Store in the hopes that the update for Kindle would come out soon and I could switch back to that. The cell phone workaround was supposed to be temporary (this week only) not a long-term solution.

If they’re not going to update Kindle, then I’m probably going to be done playing. I’m not going to play this long-term on my cell phone. That’s too bad, coz I would have bought the Prime Pass… but only if I can play on Kindle.

JoeBlack
    @craftymitts

I finally got a reply from ROVIO that wasn’t shining me on w/misinformation…They finally said “they are working on this issue, please be patient”…so that’s something anyway

BarbieB
    @barbieb

Okay cool. Yep, at least it’s something. Thanks for keeping us updated!

JoeBlack
    @craftymitts

I’m afraid I was more than a squeaky wheel :P!!… but at least the intel was forwarded to their development team and they are on it!!

JoeBlack
    @craftymitts

pffft..

tek
    @teknovice

I used to play on an amazon fire pad until one day, i needed to update to keep playing but it wasnt available on the firepad yet so had to switch to my phone to play.

From what I could understand, amazon needs to look over and approve of updates so it takes a lot longer to get an update. From what it seems like to me, major updates that end in .0 (like ver 2.4.1.0) that you need to update in google play or amazon market place by pushing the “update button”, gets updated.  The incremental updates like ver 2.4.1.1, that auto-updates when log onto the game doesnt always become available on amazon devices.

JoeBlack
    @craftymitts

I dont know who/where you got that intel from but it’s a crock. No update ever has taken this long and now I can’t even keep playing the old version. This is bull shite.

Pinokio
    @papakarlo

Looks like after this update we can exchange event tokens for gold crates more then once. Nice change, because event rewards became very poor after nerf. Sometimes I throw 2-3k tokens for coins …

Isaac
    @isaacm

Hello,

I am new here! :) I did the first season without any problem but since season 2, it always crash.

Any clue play the war season again?

I am playing on iPad and app is up to date.

Thanks!

Pinokio
    @papakarlo

@isaacm hi. Always crash when? Or where? At usual nodes, at Spark run? At Challenge run? Or just during game start? For example, I crash at Challenge run during boarding to Astrotrain. Rescue crew reject boarding because corpse stinks too much and game crashed.

Home Forums Angry Birds Transformers Forum War Season 3 and 2.4.1.0 Update

Viewing 25 replies - 1 through 25 (of 42 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.