Video Healing Doesn't Work

Home Forums Angry Birds Transformers Forum Video Healing Doesn't Work

• In the Barracks, we can heal our TFs in one of three ways:

1 – use coins, and wait.
    2 – use gems
    3 – watch a video from start to finish

Option 3 doesn’t work for me any more, because when the video finishes playing I just get a totally white screen. There’s no way for me to get back to the Barracks screen, or to get back to the main map.

The only way to exit is for me to hard close the app, soft closes don’t work (this sometimes works when we have a bugged ad playing prior to a run).

When I get back into the Barracks again, and try to heal my TF, the video option no longer exists, even though the TF is still at the same reduced health as before.

Is this a bug? Or is this Rovio’s stealth way of telling us that we can only instant heal with gems now (but without actually telling us that explicitly, or removing the button because it would only generate more complaints)?

@lewie4

Viewing 17 replies - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • Replies
  • RizDub
    @rizdub

@optimuspig This isn’t just an issue with ABT. I’m having the exact same video problems with Angry Birds Epic.

addicted1
    @addicted1

I have been having the same issue. I think it is just another issue with the ads. If you do a node or go to the lab and do a spin there and go back it should let you watch a video. I have a similar issue with a black screen but a soft close usually gets it off and it seems like it mostly some dragon game ad.

Optimus_Pig
    @optimuspig

Is Vungle your ad service provider? When I have problems, their logo is usually showing on the ad somewhere.

It may be a regional thing.

https://vungle.com/

datguygamer
    @datguygamer

@optimuspig Vungle, Unity, BusyV, Tapjoy are all their video ad providers.

Optimus_Pig
    @optimuspig

Vungle seems to be the one that consistently causes problems for me.

Asen_77
    @asen

@optimuspig Just used video to heal Ratchet and it was ok. I have problems with video from time to time, but I just think that this is normal. A lot of the time doesn’t see option to play video, and sometimes with game reload it works and option is back. Sometimes doesn’t back.

ramonpontes
    @ramonpontes

I don’t have problems with videos not healing, but sometimes, when I’m watching the videos, if I don’t click precisely on the “X” button to exit the ad, I go to the playstore, and when I close it, eh ABT app just reload, as if I hard closed it.

It happens sometimes when I’m trying to skip the ad before an event run. In this case, I lose an attempt.

MillForce2k
    @millforce2k

@ramonpontes Try removing the default app association going to the playstore.

I have another app, Hoopla, on my tablet that for whatever reason wants to be the default app for links that would take you to the Google Play Store. So, when I accidentally tap the ad that pops up on the main map screen or I miss that tiny “X,” I get a popup instead that asks me to chose a default program. I just hit the back button and it goes away. I had set the default to Google Play, but was annoyed when I went there, so I removed the default association.

ED209
    @ed209

I have had no issues with the videos.

I sometimes get a delay when you press the play button for the ad which then makes me think if I clicked It or not which then gives me the message saying I can’t watch anymore ads. If I wait a few seconds it then loads

Joel
    @joel687

@optimuspig – In an ironic twist, a vungle ad has messed up this page. I can’t see yours or @datguygamer’s last posts…

IMG_0456.PNG

Joel
    @joel687

I frequently see the problem where the app freezes at the end of a video. If I click the home button on my iPad and then immediately touch the game icon, it usually solves the problem and counts the ad as being finished

Optimus_Pig
    @optimuspig

@joel687

That generally works for me when it has to do with an ad that plays before a run (although on a few occasions doing that managed to crash the run entirely).

But it’s never worked for me with the healing video.

datguygamer
    @datguygamer

@optimuspig I just coins to recharge because where else will I get to use billions of coins?

@joel687
    JARS—-ehm, JAVSU!!!! XP

Optimus_Pig
    @optimuspig

@datguygamer

Normally I would as well, but there are times when I need some instant healing, like say when I’m in the heat of competition (especially in the last half hour of the day) and I can’t afford to wait for the healing cycle to complete.

addicted1
    @addicted1

I have had some issue with this not working but i cannot get the double rewards to work on the gem days. I hit double reward and it just gives me the 5 or 10 gems for that day and kicks me out. It doesn’t even start to play an ad.

Optimus_Pig
    @optimuspig

^ I encounter that sometimes as well.

Home Forums Angry Birds Transformers Forum Video Healing Doesn't Work

Viewing 17 replies - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.