Update to 2.24.0

Home Forums Angry Birds 2 Forum Update to 2.24.0

• Separating Hat Shop from wardrobe was a good idea, as well as organisation of the wardrobe. One this where Rovio dropped the ball is that “daily BP chest”. It’s not actually daily, but has 24h timer between opening it again. So it’s more like “day-between-openings” chest .

I got somewhat annoyed about how Red was all the time on screen trying to help, but endnd hindering more. :D

Also, Daily Quests got easy new one: “Collect 5 Apples”. Unfortunately, the Gem Letter one is still there, too.

Unless I missed something, the rest is pretty much just visual changes. Still, not a bad update so far…

Viewing 25 replies - 1 through 25 (of 34 total)
  • Replies
  • Piggsy
    @piggsy

Oh and for about two days we will get new bird… And at least we can buy football hats.

SB311
    @sb311

@rawdatasystems, I had no idea there was an update. Thanks for letting us know. Is there a way to have the updates download automatically.

SB311
    @sb311

I think they doubled the BP rewards for feats because I have been waiting for the double BP event to collect 1000 BP instead of 500 BP for opening 1500 rare chests, but now it says 1000 bp and all the other feats rewards are doubled too. I wonder if I should continue to wait for the double BP event and get 2000 BP or is it going to revert back. :/

garethw
    @garethw

I see no update.

SB311
    @sb311

@garethw, I had to go to google play and download it directly from the angry birds 2 app. Not sure how to get it to automatically download.

Buster
    @doulgas

On android I log out then log back in. My settings are to update only on wifi so there’s sometimes a delay because of that.

RawDataSystems
    @rawdatasystems

@sb311, even with automatic updates on, it may take some time. Most likely updates are staggered for popular downloads to avoid spikes on bandwith usage.

For those who don’t want to wait, the Android update is already available (and verified) from APKMirror, too: https://www.apkmirror.com/apk/rovio-entertainment-corporation/angry-birds-2/

@piggsy
    , I did not even notice that. I hope it’s not by mistake… and fixed before I can get them.

AggieGuy
    @aggieguy

As already noted, glad they changed how the hats are listed. Makes it so much easier to see what you have and don’t. And thank goodness they finally made the football hat purchasable. I thought that would be bugged forever.

Looks like we get Hal in 2 days. I’ll stick to using Stella as I’ve never been good at using Hal, but have gotten good with using Stella.

Guess Bubbles will be the final bird they add.

sven-erik-zetterstrom
    @sven-erik-zetterstrom

Anybody know what Hals special move is? (or rumours)

Buster
    @doulgas

I think that’s the boomerang bird. When activated it turns 180 and goes backward, kind of like silver only it can be at any angle. It will fly farther than most birds and can be useful to reach places you usually can’t. But generally it was my least favorite.

angrybirdspoop
    @angrybirdspoop

Sometimes when you play for two separate sessions daily, while Stella is still sleeping, I guess then we can use Hal for 4 hours at that time, or vice versa. We may face opponents with different combination at the arena in the future.

bill
    @bill-l

I’m betting if Stella is awakened, then allowed to sleep, it will cost resources to use Hal. After all, it does cost gems to keep Stella alive longer than 4 hours. AND NOT CHEAP GEM COUNTS AT THAT!

Rovio is not adding these to give away. They want your gems, AND your real money.

yes, I am synical, been playing Angry birds since the beginning on PC(PAID),then iPad (still paid), then iPad (free???), and have watched all angry bird games evolve into greedy money machines,  luck , and little actual skill left.

Dezsike
    @dezsike

Hope we can use Stella and then Hal for 4 hours each. Otherwise having more than one extra bird makes no sense, you simply pick the one that grant you the best score and play only that bird.

Meme324
    @meme324-2

Nice update but one of the best things I’ve seen is that finally that ! which has been constantly blinking since the last update even though there wasn’t anything that needed your attention, has finally stopped YEAH!!!!!!!

RawDataSystems
    @rawdatasystems

Another update. Apparently this time just to 2.24.1 for adding map levels? No big deal. ;)

SB311
    @sb311

@rawdatasystems, thanks for letting us know. I had to download it. I love that there is no exclamation point flashing on the ME icon anymore. :)

For some reason, I had to play a stella tutorial after waking her up, but luckily it didn’t use any of her time. I’m tired of Red popping up with hints I don’t need though.

Edit: I also was surprised to get 500 feathers for Red from the brown chests in the map levels.

garethw
    @garethw

Upgraded earlier this morning and since then it refuses to load.

Hope it’s just a temporary glitch.

RawDataSystems
    @rawdatasystems

Piggy Mail chest gave somewhat anemic reward for me, but at least it was not just another of those “gifts”!

@garethw
    , I hope that’s temporary glitch. I experienced same few months ago, but clearing the cache helped. I was afraid I would have to do complete reinstall and lose all progress.

garethw
    @garethw

Yes, thinking back the penultimate update gave some problems too, it was ok the next day.

My gut feeling is that’s it’s a server synch issue at Rovios (or their PaaS/SaaS providers) end, rather than with my device.

Piggsy
    @piggsy

Did You noticed too that Rovio implemented a hit ratio and overall damage points made by a single bird at his “lifespan”? Or is it just me:)

Meme324
    @meme324-2

I don’t think I’m really digging the new tunes though? its just me but I don’t think they sound as  upbeat as old one. I know this is weird but sometimes when I first heard the music when I opened the app, I was pumped up for a minute.  I understand music doesn’t make or break a game , some even play on mute, myself I play on low, but maybe you can consider surprising us and changing it up every few day, just a thought.

RawDataSystems
    @rawdatasystems

@piggsy, where do you see that?

@meme324-2
    , yeah… I play game muted. Less noise is better. ;)

Salmotrutta9
    @salmotrutta

@piggsy, I am downloading the update right now.  I always wondered why the football hat set wasn’t available to buy.  I have been hoarding my black pearls. I will definitely be upgrading my slingshot 🙂

Patrick12
    @patrick12

I noticed that screen capture doesn’t work anymore.

Piggsy
    @piggsy

@rawdatasystems

Here it is:

It shows in every mode: map levels, meb, cvc.

Home Forums Angry Birds 2 Forum Update to 2.24.0

Viewing 25 replies - 1 through 25 (of 34 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.