Treasure every 30 minutes…?

Home Forums Angry Birds 2 Forum Treasure every 30 minutes…?

• Hey all,

(Been pestering you lately, @bankler, but I thought you might like to see this thread…).

I have seen other on the forum people complaining about lack of blue and red gifts, and how hard it is to amass gems without blue gifts to trade (since the last update).

Meanwhile, I am getting small treasure rewards every 30 minutes. That is correct, dozens of small treasure rewards PER DAY.

I have not seen anyone else talk about this except me, so I thought I would start a thread. Is anyone else experiencing this 30-minute reward cycle? I must have amassed about 400 gems, a dozen spells, and a decent number of feathers since the last update.

I know sometimes Rovio does “limited rollouts” for certain gameplay changes, and I’ve been on the negative end of that before (like only having three lives, max, instead of five). But now on the positive side this is an embarrassment of riches. It would actually be really, really unfair if I used gems to buy more Arena tickets or used the spells I get in the Arena — so I have done neither.

Sound off — who else is seeing 30-minute rewards, and what do players think of this?

Thanks
    sutekh137

Viewing 9 replies - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Replies
  • bigbadaboom
    @bigbadaboom

How exactly do you get the 30 minute treasures?

Sutekh137
    @sutekh137

@bigbadaboom

They appear in the small chest on the main screen of AB2. What is the time in between treasures for you? It used to be twelve hours for me, I think. I freaked when I saw the counter start at 29:59 after the update.

I just tap on the chest and then a half hour later I can tap again, so on and so forth. Treasures are the same as they were before, they just come way, way more often.

As for WHY I have this feature, I’ve no idea — that’s why I’m asking about it…

Thanks,
    sutekh137

bigbadaboom
    @bigbadaboom

My timer resets to 23:59:59 when I click the chest. If anyone know how to change that into 29:59 please say. :)

MVNLA2
    @mvnla2

I’m pretty sure my small chest is 12 hrs. Will confirm later.

Anonymous

Every 12 hours for me too. Really cool (And weird) that you get one every 30 minutes.

bigbadaboom
    @bigbadaboom

Wow, I just assumed it was 24 hours for everybody since mine is 24. Why would they have different timers for people???

AndalayBay
    @andalaybay

Mine are 24 hrs as well. And I haven’t seen a single red gift or treasure anywhere since the update. I have been completing new levels, but nothing but blue gifts. This sucks. :P

Rovio_Bankler
    @bankler

@sutekh137 Yes, some testing groups have different timers, so you are lucky. While this might seem unfair, it’s necessary for us to make these kind of tests to evaluate ideas before we ship them out worldwide. In the long run, it helps a lot towards making the game better.

Sutekh137
    @sutekh137

@bankler
    I can understand the need for testing, but in a game where competitive play is part of it (the Arena) this is really quite unfair. When you play with number of lives or how many ads are shown, that doesn’t really affect things (competitively speaking). But I am getting a lot more gems and rewards that no one else has the opportunity to get (especially since you guys removed red gifts), and I _could_ use that to large advantage in the Arena (though I do not). It’s simply not fair.

Might as well give you my feedback on it, though — every 30 minutes is actually too often, overall. I have no reason to come into the game every 30 minutes. Arena battles are roughly 3 hours apart, there are no new levels at the moment, and there is no reason to farm levels for red gifts (because you guys removed them). Long term, do you really expect people to get out their phone or tablet every 30 minutes and fire up AB2 just to click on a glowing treasure chest? It’s a really, really empty experience that’s just pure grinding. The gap should be at LEAST two hours, and six hours might work better as a multiple of the three-hour Arena gap.

@andalaybay

From what I have read, there are no red gifts any more, so you can stop looking. :/

@bigbadaboom

As Bankler says, this is some sort of user experience testing. I personally do not think this is the type of thing they should roll out only to some, though, as it seems very unfair to me (and I’m on the GOOD end of it!)

Thanks,
    sutekh137

Home Forums Angry Birds 2 Forum Treasure every 30 minutes…?

Viewing 9 replies - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.