Too outmatched in Arena?

Home Forums Angry Birds Epic Forum Too outmatched in Arena?

• I’ve been playing the Arena objectives but then I noticed that I am constantly being matched up with opponents who have birds several masteries above mine, making them very hard to beat.

My birds’ mastery levels in general are about 5-6, and yet all my matched opponents have mastery levels of 8+, resulting up to 40% increase in power AND health making it nigh impossible to defeat ESPECIALLY if they have better gear or get first turn advantage or both.

Thoughts on the subject?

Viewing 15 replies - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Replies
  • Loganimol
    @loganimolgmail

I have had this as well and it really stinks. For the latest objectives I have had significantly softer opponents. My birds are either 7 or 8 and in the last few battles I was facing birds with 9 or 10 mastery consistently, this last round they were usually 6-7 and I fought one group that was level 1??? I don’t know how that’s possible at level 41.

Check the first post in the cheaters thread. It explains how to get around these opponents.

If you are level 41, it is common to face enemies with 9 and 10 level mastery. However, my birds can have higher health and attack power occasionally at a lower mastery than my opponents. Don’t let the mastery level fool you; some teams I face in the arena have high mastery levels but lower health and attack power than the average for those mastery levels.

firedragon
    @mingkee27

Before going into battle, examine the opponents by press and holding it.
    If you’re not happy with the opponent, quit the game and start again.

Tman
    @tman

You can get a new opponent even easier. Play an unranked battle against a friend, and it will give you a new opponent. The advantage to having a low leveled friend since you can knock them out in one or two shots.

rwwin
    @rwwin

You don’t even need to finish the un-ranked battle. I’ve found that exiting the un-ranked battle at any time still recycles your arena opponent. Helps to speed up the grind.

As to overpowered opponents, I think it has something to do with your position on the leader board. This week I had to skip the first day and a half of the arena. When I started up I was dead last. I started grinding and found I was almost always matched up with easier dummy accounts (Unnamed player, all birds at the same mastery and all mastery bars empty) that were 1 or 2 mastery levels below me.

I ground on that for two days and finally moved up to the two star rank at 7th place and the appearance of the dummy accounts started to disappear. They still show up, but only after recycling the arena opponent 20+ times after entering the arena. I went from grinding 1,000 points per hour to maybe 500 if I’m lucky. So after flying up the board from last to 7th in a couple of days, it took the entire rest of the week to grind from 7th to 5th. To top that off the top three spots are cheaters all with 150K points plus.

FreckledPig147
    @freckledpig147

Currently, there isn’t anything besides restarting the game to get weaker opponents (and yet no guarantee of success). PVP has been, since its beginning, all about adding insult to injury. You lose a battle, Terence frowns at you and you don’t get anything else for losing. You see cheaters, you need to cheat to catch up to them. You have a banner that lost 10%+ health, and you can’t do anything besides complaining about it.

kammy81
    @kammy81

The first couple weeks I participated in PvP I was well matched but I had 0 banner gear as did those I competed against. I unknowingly entered a tournament very late and moved up to first place quickly (I had no idea how weekly events worked at the time). So after a few days of not participating in PvP I clicked on the leader board and won 1.4k and a 3 star banner roll. I was still like ok what just happened. So I entered that week late unknowingly and had pretty easy opponents. After taking first that week to I moved up to silver league and things went pretty well the first week. I managed to complete a couple days of the challenges and took second or third. Since then though I cannot complete a daily challenge I get all 3 strikes every day because even the opponents I choose to fight are way stronger than me. I try because every time o reset I still get stronger opponents. Mostly though it’s their gear that’s better not so much mastery. I have one epic set and its old and weaker than the blueprints I’m getting in the caves (which I never get good rolls on!). So their health and atk power is much higher than mine. This week I was demoted back to stone league which I was happy about bug the opponents are still extremely stronger than me! Mastery 8-9 and epic sets! I think I’ve had enough of PvP for awhile. What a joke.

Anonymous

@kammy81 What you could do to avoid tough opponents is play a battle with Mccool and when its over right before you push the exit battle button turn off all WiFi and Mobile Data. When you get to the arena screen turn it back on. You should have weak opponents.

kammy81
    @kammy81

Ill give it a shot. :-)

FreckledPig147
    @freckledpig147

For me, Resurrection is the strongest (and most infuriating) banner power. It has a 30% chance of activating, but in reality that translates to “high chance”. One time I KO’ed an enemy Bomb twice, only for Resurrection to activate once per KO (which has a 9% or 30% * 30% chance of happening, still very significant) and what’s annoying is that all debuffs get cleansed. And in that battle, I ended up losing. Artillery Strike and all super-damage combos (such as Scissors) are all very dangerous. TWICE an enemy Tricksters one-shot KO’ed my Blues’ with an Artillery Strike that did more than 1k of damage.

firedragon
    @mingkee27

I still think Vengeful emblem is still my favorite. Don’t forget it can blow all opponents including banner when mine got KO’ed. I even get my team won even all my members got KO’ed.

firedragon
    @mingkee27

Actually, if you have a spare router, use it as router (level 3 access point NOT level 2). Plug WAN input of your router to your LAN and unplug after you started the game and before entering the tournament. When you see connection error, plug WAN back in.
    You should get much easier opponents to finish your objectives or just collect points, but there’s a catch: you will not fight against Bomb and Blue Trio, so if you have objective to beat Bomb and/or Blue Trio, you have to enter “normal” battle.
    Even I have to fight “normal” battle, all my members are level 9 or 10 mastery level and it’s not easy to lose.

Anonymous

@mingkee27 I favor Vengeful too but now I have Retaliate which I find even more damaging.

FreckledPig147
    @freckledpig147

Addition to previous reply: Arghh…today I got a TRIPLE successive RESURRECTION, which should only happen 2.7% of the time! Thanks to that, and the Chuck’s set items (Living Lightning), I ended up LOSING a battle. Yesterday I got an unlucky 9% chance, today something 1/3 of that — so outrageous…if there were 4 resurrections in a row, I would be a much worse mood. Why are the enemies so lucky??

Home Forums Angry Birds Epic Forum Too outmatched in Arena?

Viewing 15 replies - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.