ToF changes?

Home Forums Angry Birds 2 Forum ToF changes?

Viewing 25 replies - 26 through 50 (of 62 total)
  • Replies
  • Buster
    @doulgas

Several days ago I ran TOF up to level 35 or so, collecting a ton of gems, spells, and feathers. I had to spend a couple hundred gems in the process but the rewards were totally worth it. But when I finally used the video option, the ad crashed and froze the game and I had to force stop and restart. The gems I had spent were gone and so were the rewards. I thought maybe by restarting TOF I’d get the same programmed result, but no. The same ad crashed twice more that morning but without any damage.

I filed a ticket with support but haven’t had a response. Am I being naive to think there’s any chance of getting one?

RawDataSystems
    @rawdatasystems

@doulgas, the rewards are gone and most likely your gems are too. You may or may not receive a bunch of excuses thinly dressed as a reply, but don’t get your hopes up too much.

garethw
    @garethw

……. and today of course it wouldn’t connect to show the video for the first pig.

SB311
    @sb311

I was trying to get chuck and bomb’s hat and hit 3 pigs using the ff button before level 6 so I left with nothing because I was not going to pay 100 gems after already paying 70 to probably hit another pig on floor 8 or 9. :(

I have been noticing more and more that the pig seems to pop up on the first or second floor for me and then usually the floor right before the hat floor. Seems almost automatic most days…

RawDataSystems
    @rawdatasystems

There sure seems to be more pigs popping up early nowadays! It’s now rare occurence not seeing two pigs before level 5, so most of the time I don’t get anything from ToF.

So rare actually, that I was astonished to see I got 4th hat for my main account. Naturally, pig popped up just before hat level, so I grudgingly spent 200 gems to pass that pig. Luckily I picked the hat card, but I don’t think I’m going to use gems much more for ToF in future. :\

DJLarryt
    @djlarryt

my ToF rule: Play until the first pig. Select your card and quit immediately thereafter.

It’s like gambling… you will never win unless you pay BIG. And the prizes aren’t worth it. You know why? Because as soon as you spend all your gems trying to get that elusive new hat set, Rovio will just turn around and introduce another one, making your hat accomplishment worthless. The whole thing is a treadmill to keep you spending ca$h for Gem$.

Buster
    @doulgas

Once in a while they let you go on a run. Save your gems for those times and shrug off the bad rounds.

I’ve never given Rovio a penny of real money. Not until we can win real money.

AggieGuy
    @aggieguy

Seeing lots of pigs early as well. Usually will hit a pig either on floors 2 and 3, or on 3 or 4.

Not going to pay gems that early until by some chance I got gems on the first two floors before piggy appeared. Then I’ll pay and use the video next, but it seems to be a pig fest lately. I was lucky to get to the 5th floor and get Red’s hat, and quit right there. Haven’t made it even to floor 5 since.

DJLarryt
    @djlarryt

4th day in a row getting a pig on the 2nd floor, imagine that. I’m going to keep track of my progress over the next few days (that is, IF I play on the weekend, which I usually don’t, because I have better things to do).

RawDataSystems
    @rawdatasystems

@djlarryt, While pig on the 2nd floor is very common for me, I never though to keep track how many consecutive “floor 2 pigs” I get. I did count about “at least 2 pigs before floor 5” and my current record is 8 days. That kind of abuse from game makes a grown man cry… :(

DJLarryt
    @djlarryt

@rawdatasystems At least today I got a pig on the 4th floor, right before the bonus floor.  Things are improving somewhat, I guess. *insert eyeroll smilie here*

RawDataSystems
    @rawdatasystems

Both accounts, pig on floors 2 and 6. I quit with main account right there. FTP account (with video option) got third pig at floor 14, so I used video option and then picked pig-free floor 15 reward… and quit.

At least this time I only had only one pig before floor 5…

Buster
    @doulgas

Got 2 pigs very early but paid up and didn’t catch another until floor 20-something. If you have enough gems it’s sometimes worth sticking with it, but not if you only get to 15….

RawDataSystems
    @rawdatasystems

If you have enough gems… rright. Whenever I’ve managed to save gems, somewhere around 1.500-3.000 I start to get weird bugs that will cost me gems. Or the gems just plainly disappear. Current losses are somewhere at 8.500-9.000 gems for two accounts.

Nowadays, I don’t save gems. I’ve learned to use them or lose them. Other than minimum reserve of a few hundreds, I’ll use what I have. At least this way I can use them and they don’t get wasted.

Joe B.
    @joeb

Buster, I hear you. I had a strange ride today on Tof that took me to level 25 with only 3 pigs…I made the bad choice of fighting to level 30 and lost over 1200 saved up gems.

Unfortunately I missed the legendary hat that I was going for. I think the game baited me early on with no pigs to throw 3 in a row right before the chance to get real rewards. Cost me dearly…Not doing that again. I’m not the one to buy more gems so I’ll have to slowly save back up. Thanks rovio.

RawDataSystems
    @rawdatasystems

Jackpot Egg on level 30! I had a good run and still paid too many jewels on FTP account (with video option) to reach it… and of course I missed it.

Buster
    @doulgas

I don’t think it’s really there. Just a tease. Like a carnival midway “game of skill.” (Kids, ask your grandparents….)

Hecate
    @hecate

The jackpot egg is on level 30. I got it! Had only 4 pigs and used ff button! The ff button also always chose the best hats. Also, had a jackpot egg last year at level 60, also with ff button

Yue
    @yue-zhang

I got a jackpot egg today on floor 30 by using FF button. Again, it’s purely lucky. I hit 4th pig on floor 32 and decided to stop there by watching a video. Overall, the wonderful journey cost me 170 gems but returned me 2000+145 gems back, plus a couple of pearls and feathers…

SB311
    @sb311

I hit my third pig by the 7th floor and gave up. I have been so unlucky and can’t remember when I made it to the 30th floor. I try to mix up which cards I pick but it doesn’t seem to make a difference. :(

AggieGuy
    @aggieguy

Hit a pig on floor 2, but did not get the video option, so just quit. Haven’t made it past floor 5 in a while. Not going to pay if a hit a pig that quickly, but if the video is available, I’ll use it and stop on floor 5.

Joe B.
    @joeb

I got the jackpot egg as well on floor 30. 2nd pig occurred on flr 23. Got two more before 30.

Its either consistent bad luck 95% of the time or really good luck until floor 20 hits and the pigs come out like crazy. IMO it’s only worth the gems if u get the right hats/egg. Straight up gamble.

RawDataSystems
    @rawdatasystems

Still no Jackpot Egg today. It should stay at level at least until tomorrow, but I don’t have high hopes.

I noticed first time that I can see from level list what type of rewards I’ve already gotten. I don’t know what timeframe it uses, but more than a day, because I saw two cards marked over on some levels while fast forwarding. I did not think to stop investigating. Was it yet another bug? Has this been there earlier? Another “experiment” again? Questions, questions…

Buster
    @doulgas

Is that what those green checkmarks are that started showing up in TOF. I can’t for the life of me match them up to anything I’ve done.

RawDataSystems
    @rawdatasystems

Jackpot Egg in level 30 for another three days? Is Rovio trying to make Tower of Misfortune more appealing? Hard to say, because pigs are popping up too often for me.

Main account got the usual two pigs before level 5. FTP account got to level 25 before I ran out of jewels. Luckily I got back nearly the same amount as I spent, but reaching level 30 was not an option today.

Home Forums Angry Birds 2 Forum ToF changes?

Viewing 25 replies - 26 through 50 (of 62 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.