Three Newbie Questions

Home Forums General Discussions Forum Three Newbie Questions

• Just joined ABN after playing Angry Birds for about nine months now, and I have three questions, in reverse order of importance.

1) From looking through posts, I gather there’s really no way to judge how close (or far) I am to Smash Maniac. Any guidance on how long it typically takes?

2) I keep close track of my scores but the Rovio leaderboard always has me 236K higher than my arithmetic. Is there some secret score that they add? Is this typical?

3) When RED came out I blithely purchased and started adding 10K to lots of my scores. Of course I didn’t bother to keep track so now that I’ve joined ABN and want to post scores to the leaderboards, I have no idea which ones are clean and which are powered up. Is there any way to tell, or do I need to go back and redo everything to make sure I have only clean scores?

Thanks in advance for any feedback!

Viewing 12 replies - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Replies
  • MVNLA2
    @mvnla2

@grrtammy — Re 2): What are you calling the Rovio leaderboard? If you mean the total posted for the episode on the game episode screen, these should be identical to scores you are keeping track of. It actually serves as a good cross check on scores you have entered on the ABN leaderboard. It’s painful, but I’ve done it many times: You need to go through each level and check your individual level scores in the game to whatever you are using to give you the low total.
    I don’t know the answer to 1 or 3.

Jkhab69
    @jkhab69

@grrtammy welcome to the nest!!
    1. I dont know of a way to check your progress. There are a few articles in the forum suggesting the best levels to use for the achievement, if I remember correctly.
    2. @mvnla2 is correct, doublecheck.
    3. some of the angry bird games do differentiate between powerup scores and nonpower up by showing PU scores with a lightning bolt. If you see a score with a lightning boot, that means powerups were used. I dont think all of the games indicate PU use yet, but I may be wrong. If you really want to be positive, you could reinstall. I did that with ABSW when I wanted the Jedi Addict badge. Note: youll lose purchased powerups if you reinstall.

grrtammy
    @grrtammy

Thanks @mvnla2 and @khab69.

In response,

2) I’m talking about the leaderboard score that you get from Rovio, from the opening screen, click on the up/down arrow bottom right, then the chalice, which gives you Leaderboards, Achievements and Challenges. At the moment it says I’m #422. This leaderboard says 62,166,xxx while my addition of all levels of all episodes including Golden Eggs gives 61,840,xxx.

3) I’m only working on original Angry Birds right now. I’ve seen and understand the lightning bolt on the final score screen, but that doesn’t stay with the game. If you replay the level, it just shows high score. No lightning bolt.

MVNLA2
    @mvnla2

@grrtammy — Wow! I never knew there was such a thing. Mine is off by a lot more than 236K. Best to send a support request to Rovio.

AMslimfordy
    @amslimfordy

Re 3) if you’re interested, we have the ability to distinguish “clean” and power up scores in the original Angry Birds. Let us know if there are specific levels in question and we can send you directions.

grrtammy
    @grrtammy

Thanks @amslimfordy, that would be terrific! Do you need specific levels, because I kind of went crazy and ripped through most of the episodes in a few weeks.

justpast40
    @justpast40

@grrtammy & @mvnla2 are you sure that Chalice you’re seeing isn’t to Apple’s Game Center?

Jkhab69
    @jkhab69

@amslimfordy , if there’s a way i can check my levels , please send the instructions. If the method involves more work for someone else, I’ll just remove and reinstall when I want to go through some games I’ve already played and start posting on the LB. thanks

AMslimfordy
    @amslimfordy

@grrtammy @jkhab69

As the data files are encrypted, it has to be done by a third party — namely, me :)

Extract both the highscores.lua and highscores_{hash}.lua files via
    http://angrybir.de/abbackup

Then please send both of these files to contest[at]angrybirdsnest[dot]com.

Cheers.

MVNLA2
    @mvnla2

@grrtammy @justpast40 — Justpast40 — You’re correct that chalice is Apples Game Center. It’s been so long since I paid any attention to GC that I’d forgotten it was there. Grrtammy — GC scores are well known to be totally worthless.

grrtammy
    @grrtammy

Okay, thanks @mvnla2. One less thing to worry about! I’ll just ignore from now on.

grrtammy
    @grrtammy

Most awesome! I’ll get right on it and thanks very much for your help.

Home Forums General Discussions Forum Three Newbie Questions

Viewing 12 replies - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.