The Tasty Adventure (Food Hat Set)

Home Forums Angry Birds 2 Forum The Tasty Adventure (Food Hat Set)

• New hat set adventure.  Rewards are a chest, 500, 2,000, and 10,000 feathers.

And yes, it is yet another new 10K hat set.

We all know the pay for play players will have the full hat set by tomorrow morning, if they don’t already.

Viewing 25 replies - 1 through 25 (of 34 total)
  • Replies
  • Buster
    @doulgas

I haven’t been able to get very far with just one bird.

SB311
    @sb311

I used the ff button yesterday and received red and blues. Tried a second time today and got to floor 33, but missed both chuck’s and Bomb’s hat. Tried one more time and ff picked chuck’s hat of the remaining hats. So I have three and still have not been able to get past the third level. :/

Buster
    @doulgas

@sb311, did you happen to notice whether the hat was appearing in the same position during each round? I used to be able to count on that — one reason I never used ff during an event. But I seem to recall that’s no longer the case.

SB311
    @sb311

@doulgas

I’m not sure, but I don’t think they stay in the same place because a card is removed each time you make it to a hat floor. :(

AggieGuy
    @aggieguy

I’ve got Red, Blues, Chuck, and Bomb, and I made it past rounds 1-3, but I think that’s about it unless I get lucky and get a Mighty Eagle. Round 2 took me about 10 attempts and even then got extremely lucky by having a random piece of debris land on the beat up but living micropig at the last second.

Some of the rooms once you get past the 500 feathers require 3 birds to clear, unless you have Terrance and then it will take 1 or 2 at most.

Peter Porkor
    @sarai

@sb311 i got all set in just 2 tries,its simple to get event hat at particullar floor without wasting that floor!!just open both front cards turn by turn if u are lucky enough u will get 4 to 5 hat in 1 try i also use this trick and this thing works perfect those who call that “xyz hat is based upon a luck” tof works on pattern if u smart enough to know!!

edit:yeah tof is gem sucker!! make sure u have enough to reach atleast 30th floor

Buster
    @doulgas

@sarai, sorry, I don’t understand the pattern you’re talking about.

The first day I used FF and got only the red hat @ 5th floor. Today I picked my own cards, made it all the way to 40 (jackpot egg) but missed every event hat. So I’m still stuck with red.

Peter Porkor
    @sarai

@doulgas pattern works number wise like” 1,2,3,4!! first hat floor which is 5th floor if there any event going just pick 1st card!! in next floor (10th) 3rd card,next floor (15th) pick 2nd card then repeat this pattern!! (after jackpot floor which is (30) th floor,this pattern changes totally and hat cards come randomly, not in pattern!!)

angrybirdspoop
    @angrybirdspoop

Got 3 pigs before reaching 10th floor, so I’m still stuck with red. The pattern doesn’t work now, as there will be one card less in each run.

I remember Angry Turd has said in one such event that he could get a full set of hats within an hour of release, spending $500 per month to buy gems. I don’t know how many gems have to be spent to get all hats. The best I could get is 5, usually I miss Matilda’s and Terence’s hats.

Peter Porkor
    @sarai

@angrybirdspoop try mine one u will get remaning hats,after 30th floor this pattern dont work cards just comes randomly!!

Buster
    @doulgas

@sarai, OK see if I got this straight.

Pick card 1 on floor 5. Card 2 on 10. Card 3 on 15, etc. (Your last post said pick card 3 on 10th floor and 2 on 15. I assume that was a typo?) And this will work up to the jackpot floor.

Now this would only work the first time you play tof during an event. Because as @angrybirdspoop says, on day 2 there would only be 4 cards to choose from on 5th floor., etc But if the pattern is correct that wouldn’t matter because you would have received all the hats already (at least up to jackpot level).

As for spending gems to get the cards, I will happily do that up to a point. It’s much cheaper to extend play for 400 or more gems vs 10,000 pearls to buy the card later. Anyway, if you’ve got that far, you’ve probably received quite most of those gems back as rewards. But this is only if I’ve got a good run going — 3 pigs before the 15th floor, I’m outta there.

Finally, unlike @angryturd, I don’t have $500 to p*ss away to buy gems or anything else. So far I have spent $0 on this game and that’s the way I like it.

bill
    @bill-l

I hate to be a total dummy, but what is ‘ff’ and what does ‘ff’ do?

I am hesitant to not tap anything in  TOF that possibly will cost me exponential amount of gems because if rovio’s built in ‘ get there resources’ attitude.

As with @buster above, rovio does not get a penny from me! Not until they charge for the games again, get rid of the fuggin’ ads, and stop the rampant cheaters.

TIA Bill

bill
    @bill-l

As far as a ‘pattern’ selecting hat cards, I have red and blues, but I closed my eyes when tapping the cards.

I see this like the reward cards in the common chests, rovio will give you what rovio wants you to have.

Peter Porkor
    @sarai

@doulgas first of all thats not typo,2nd that works for me everytime perfectly,3rd idk if its dont work for you but i can surely say if u want to get 3 hats in first try this thing will work my friends also use this trick,idk pattern of (tof) above 30th floor hats just pop up randomly!!

RawDataSystems
    @rawdatasystems

@bill-l, the “ff” mentioned means “Fast Forward” button seen in ToF.

I see the myth of “pattern in ToF” spreading again. Please, keep in mind that human brains are wired to seeing patterns even when there are none.

Buster
    @doulgas

@sarai, I guess I’m just misunderstanding you. Your earlier post states: “pattern works number wise like” 1,2,3,4!!”  But now it sounds like you mean 1,3,2,1,3,2 etc.

Anyway, I have an update on this. Today I got 3 more food hats and in every case it was by picking the LAST card on each hat floor, no matter how many cards were available to choose from. I picked the cards myself, no ff.

@bill-l
    , ff means fast forward. You are wise not to just click on things if you don’t know what will happen. However, in most cases with tof I believe it doesn’t matter which card you select — it is preordained by rovio and ff just saves time by zipping through the worthless early floors. FF will stop if you draw a pig so there is no danger you will automatically spend gems without wanting to. You then restart ff at that point if you want.

During a hat event though, some think manually selecting cards on the hat floors may give you an edge, so they don’t use ff. Several months ago it was reliably established that the event hat was in the same position on every floor, but only on that day — it might be in another position the next day. But all that changed after an update when the # of cards presented on each hat floor was reduced each day you played and the jackpot floor started moving around every week.

SB311
    @sb311

I was able to get Bomb’s hat yesterday and I am on level 7 now. I was able to get a ME spell that helped me through level 6.

I think I am going to wait and see if they will have another double feather frenzy before the event ends. Twenty thousand feathers would be awesome so I can level up my blues or Matilda. :)

How is everyone else doing so far?

BirdyMcBirdface
    @birdymcbirdface

I was able to get the first four hats in a row by picking only the far left card each time. Then I ran into too many pigs and had to quit.

Finished the seven Tasty Adventure levels with the four birds. Didn’t think about waiting for a double-feathers event. That would have been smart.

AggieGuy
    @aggieguy

I still can’t get past round 4. Rarely even make it to the last room, and if I do, I’ll have 1 bird or sometime zip. Usually what does me in is room 3, which takes 2-3 birds to clear, usually because a micropig somehow survives.

If I got a Mighty Eagle I could finish it, but all I ever get is a chili if I earn a spell.

Joe B.
    @joeb

Still stuck on level 2 with 3 birds. Somehow I made it to TOF floor 58 and only got Chucks hat with FF. Paid the 400 gem pig and got the jackpot egg so I was happy for that at least. Made back most gems as well. Strange how I missed all the higher level event hats tho.

angrybirdspoop
    @angrybirdspoop

@sarai In my case Blues’ hat has never been placed at the 3rd left position for all past events. It’s usually at the leftmost card, but if I have picked red’s hat in the same run, the position of Blues’ card will be shifted.

Base on my experience, the positions are somehow predictable for the first one or two hats in each run, they won’t allow me to get more than 2 hats in each run. Usually the third one will be missed no matter which card I pick, I guess the position of the next hat will also be affected by what other hats you picked during the same run.

@bill-l
    , my advice is not to use FF button on the hats floor. You can use FF for the floors in between.

I can only get Red, Blues, and Chuck’s hat by now.

Buster
    @doulgas

I finally got hat #4 today, giving me red, matilda, blue, and bomb. I didn’t bother playing much with only 3 birds. Now I’m stuck on 4. For me, it’s room 2 that consumes most of my ammunition.

Yue
    @yue-zhang

Level 4 took me 2 days with my 3 birds. It depends on mostly on destruction rate you had reached…If high enough, you would get spell to make it possible to complete this level.

Yue
    @yue-zhang

Level 6 is harder than level 7. Both levels you need to get Mighty eagle spell as the key to complete level.

Buster
    @doulgas

It took a couple of days to beat level 4 and it took an unconventional bird choice for room 2. It was taking me 3 or more birds to clear the room, but using matilda I managed a strike. I’m not even sure I could repeat it, but the spell and extra birds gave me enough ammunition to barely sneak through.

Level 5 is a bit easier once you figure out how to use the rock throwers to advantage.

I’ll try to see what I can do with level 6 then wait to see if we get a double feather event in time.

Home Forums Angry Birds 2 Forum The Tasty Adventure (Food Hat Set)

Viewing 25 replies - 1 through 25 (of 34 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.