The (Hat) Adventure of Love

Home Forums Angry Birds 2 Forum The (Hat) Adventure of Love

Viewing 25 replies - 26 through 50 (of 50 total)
  • Replies
  • Twisted Lemon
    @oliverfrancis

1st pig on floor 12, spent the gems, then raced all the way up to floor 32 until the 2nd pig. I’d earned over 200 gems by then so obviously no reason to not pay to continue. 3rd pig was somewhere before floor 40 (I wasn’t paying attention) which I also paid to continue.

4th pig was on floor 44, didn’t want to push my luck so I used the video to get to floor 45 and dipped. I didn’t get any of the event hats but I still profited with hundreds of gems as I left with at over 1000. I’d rather have gems than event hats to be honest.

SteelCityB
    @steelcityb

Blizzard, pig, quit

nubie
    @nubie

always hit pig on either floor 2 or 3

AggieGuy
    @aggieguy

Thankfully had the video option back today.

Also got Chuck’s hat, and had to quit after that. I knew there was a pig waiting on the next floor, was already in a gem hole, and had used the video.

Still can’t get past round 4.

garethw
    @garethw

Pig 3,7,8 – this stinks to high heaven.

There seems to be no incentive here at all

garethw
    @garethw

Worst hat series so far.

Twisted Lemon
    @oliverfrancis

After being allowed to do well yesterday as a rare occurrence, it was back to the classic ToF run: apple, pig, quit. Not even worth the video.

nubie
    @nubie

it seems there more pig at early floors now after this new ticket system

garethw
    @garethw

pig 9,11,13 – not had any duplicate hats either – there seems to be no incentive even to try and go on a run.

Joe B.
    @joeb

Finally got to TOF flr 30 and got the 4th hat being bombs although it cost me dearly to pay the 400 gem pig to get there. Pigs on floor 4, 9, 18, 28, 29 so a costly run with video to skip the 800 swine. You can see where Rovio builds your confidence but then slams you on the intermediate floors. I’m still having a hard time getting past level 3 with 4 birds somehow 1 pig remains in room 5. I feel Rovio really rigged this event.

Mzimoxs
    @mzimoxs

Assuming the ToF was fair (i.e. every reward is equally likely), you’d expect to hit a pig every 5 floors. The odds to get to level 5 without hitting a pig then are less then 50%. Most of what you describe here is actually very possible in a fair ToF.

I had a very good run on day 1, climbing to level 55 (spending 9570 gems). A few days later to level 40 (3170 gems) and today to level 30 (770 gems), completing the hat set. I’m working on adventure level 7 now.

Surely it is questionable if one hat set is worth this absurd amount of gems (and it most certainly isn’t, but I had enough and wanted to give it a try). But that is just how much you’d expect to pay even if the ToF was not rigged.

Buster
    @doulgas

You’ve hit on exactly the point — to get the biggest scores consistently you have to spend gems, which means eventually spending money. Rovio is a business, obviously, and they want to make money, so they must reward the players who pony up the cash. But they also have to balance that against the need to keep the more casual players involved and not drive them away, or they lose the eyeballs that drive ad sales.

I’m not one of those who pay to play so I accept that there will be many times I just can’t win.

Nik
    @nik-handson

I’ve only got red and chuck… I’ve missed blues on about 4 occasions. I’ve given the first stage of the adventure 3 goes and haven’t been able/bothered to beat it. I hate the ToF. Today I got feathers, pig, video, quit.

garethw
    @garethw

Bit of a run today.

pig on 7,13,18 spun the dice and paid the 100, got to 33, missed the hat on 30, so decided to bail and use the video instead of paying 200.

if I’d hit the hat on 30 I’d have gambled and carried on, but I suspect there would have been at least two more pigs before 40 and I didn’t fancy paying 770 or 1570 gems for no more hats,

got gems on 33 so actually ended slightly up on the gem front

AggieGuy
    @aggieguy

I can get to the final room of round 4 with just Reds, Blues, and Chuck, but only have one bird (if that) on room 5. I’m not sure the room could be cleared even if I had all three of those birds. Bomb or Terrance would make it an easy room.

Piggsy
    @piggsy

Got bomb cupid hat (5 of 7), tribal hat and hit jackpot egg. Lost 300 gems. Finally pretty good run.

Twisted Lemon
    @oliverfrancis

Another 3 second run; feathers on floor 1 then a pig on floor 2. I don’t know why I even bother.

AggieGuy
    @aggieguy

Made it to floor 15 and had to call it a day.

Got a ton of gems, the hats for Red and Blues (again so +1 power up) and then hit a pig on 12, pig on 13, and, you guessed it, a pig on 14. Used the video on 14, opened the card on 15, and that was it. I have no doubt a pig was waiting on 16.

garethw
    @garethw

WOW

So this is likely to be the last day.

Pig on 7 – Pig at 18

Duplicate hat at 5 and 20.

Pig at around 23 – decide to carry on

Hat on 30 whooppee!

Pig on 32 maybe 33 – decide again to carry on

Miss hat at 40

Pig at 43 – decide to carry on

Pig at 49 – decide not to use the video and carry on – I’ve picked maybe 300 or so gems up against the 1570 I’d need to spend – for some reason I thought watching the video may “break the sequence” as I’d hit on 30 and had picked up some duplicates.

Hat at 50, hat at 55.

No more pigs and a couple of big gem cards one of 1020 or so.

Hit Jackpot egg!

Got a tribal mask I’d  not got.

Definitely my best ToF run – with the last couple of gem cards I’ve ended up a hundered or so ahead. And got 3 more hats, just missing Matildas.

I think my big call was on 43 – but it was swayed by the fact that I’d hatted on 3

0 if not 40, and the other to note when looking back was no “pig clusters” anywhere.  They were spread out.

Twisted Lemon
    @oliverfrancis

Today started off decent with the 1st pig on floor 9. The who could’ve guessed, 3 pigs in a row on floors 12, 13 and 14. If that’s not clear evidence of how rigged the tower is, then I don’t know what is.

Buster
    @doulgas

Great run, @garethw. No such luck here This will be the first adventure where I never managed more than the first 2 hats.

Well, there’ll probably be another one in a day or two.

AggieGuy
    @aggieguy

Today was 10 gems, pig, video, feathers, quit.

The only time I’ll watch the video on floor 2 is if I get gems. Otherwise I won’t give Rovio the $ from video watching.

garethw
    @garethw

Thanks @Buster – it wasn’t looking like a great set for me until today.

AggieGuy
    @aggieguy

Well, last day of this adventure.

Made it to floor 25 while hitting only 1 pig. Unfortunately I had only earned 20 gems. Everything else was spells, apples, or feathers. Missed picking up any of the hats I already had for +1, but didn’t really care, would rather have the pearls.

Floor 26, pig. Paid the 50 gems and figured it would be a low pig day.

Floor 27, pig. Paid the 100 gems.

Floor 28, pig, video, quit.

So all I get is 3 hats, which is about usual. Most hat adventures I get either 2 or 3, and sometimes none.

angrybirdspoop
    @angrybirdspoop

deleted

Home Forums Angry Birds 2 Forum The (Hat) Adventure of Love

Viewing 25 replies - 26 through 50 (of 50 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.