Thanksgiving Challenge

Home Forums Angry Birds Transformers Forum Thanksgiving Challenge

• Main difference between this and Halloween is that it’s literally no longer a “competition” against other players.

i.e. No more leaderboard rankings. The challenge now is simply to shoot down as many flying turkey pigs as you can.

There appear to be five milestone levels, each of which awards an unspecified prize (it’s inside a hidden gift box).

The first level is to pop ten pigs. The prize is coins (didn’t track how many but I think it’s 5,000 – also, don’t know if that’s random, or if everyone gets the same prize).

The second level is to pop an additional ninety pigs (i.e. 100 including the first level). No idea yet what the prize for that is.

The challenge commenced at 3am EST (8am UTC) and ends six days (144 hours) from then.

Viewing 25 replies - 1 through 25 (of 55 total)
  • Replies
  • sheepybach
    @paul13

OP,
    Like you I had coins for 10 turkey pigs and think it was 10,000 coins but I’d not swear on it. lol

GrimmJow
    @grimmjow

What is the max of turkey that you had in a game ? Me : 28

The price for level 2 (100 Turkeys) is 75 gems.
    next level 3 : 500 Turkeys (+400)

Optimus_Pig
    @optimuspig

I’ve had as few as 4 turkeys in a run, to as many as 18 turkeys in another.

Drover’s Dog
    @droversdog

Just unlocked box 2 with 100 turkigs, 75 gems is the reward, just hope the update progress bug doesn’t take ’em back away.
    The flying turkigs have been very elusive to date, many nodes have none.

Optimus_Pig
    @optimuspig

@droversdog

“The flying turkigs have been very elusive to date, many nodes have none.”

There seemed to be many more of them before the Challenge started.

Funny, ain’t it?

sheepybach
    @paul13

The most I’ve had to date is 9, also 3 nodes with Zero Nothing. So far they are being very crafty with this game as the Nodes in the Wood and Beach harvest the most flying pigs and so far not had 1. The desert can be good or bad, the river is poor on flying pigs, pig city is hit and miss also. So time will tell

Chuckles
    @chuckles

The bug is there, it is back. I just had my second level prize of 75 gems taken away.

Watch out. Probably expect to lose progress at some point.

GrimmJow
    @grimmjow

@20qmindreader

I think yes, beacause the new character Red BB is in grey tint in barracks.
    And previously characters was like this or with “coming soon”.
    So, he should be unlock. How unlock a character ?

– New area with special level (like first launch of the game) : not here
    – Mission in portals : not here yet
    – Real money : not here yet (and I hope it’s not this the “surprise” in description’s update)

When all the deductions are made, there is only what is possible. :)

Rovibot
    @rovibot

I suspect the Turkey Challenge will unlock the next bot.

sheepybach
    @paul13

Same here 4 nodes completed in pig city and total for the 4 was 3 flying pigs/turkeys.
    Completed node in the wood’s gave me 26 flying pigs/turkeys. As I’ve said it speaks for it’s self what they’ve done.

Drover’s Dog
    @droversdog

Playing away merrily and a node got really slow and jumpy… kicked me out of game completely … game restarted and auto stealth update to 1.8.14.1
    It did not connect to facebook automatically, so I took the plunge … yep you guessed it … progress updated … loss of 191 gems PLUS loss of all of Thanksgiving Challenge progress… back to 5 locked chests… lost my coins from box 1, gems from box 2 and 190 turkigs gone.

@gradientturtle7
    and other lurking rovians what are you going to do about it??? Why was my progress not saved on facebook or in the cloud somewhere as it should have??? Since my last loss of 401 gems I only just started playing again when the update came out the other day and the same old rubbish is served out to us.

Green Whacker
    @dragonofheart73

okay that’s good to know.. not going to waste my time hours of playing this boring game if I’m not going to get a TF out of this.

bigorange
    @bigorange

@20qmindreader
    Do you know how many Gems you can earn at the 4th (1500) and 5th (3000 turkeys) lock?

I don’t think I will play for it, I have already 5000+ gems in stock at level 450.

Optimus_Pig
    @optimuspig

@20qmindreader

A hat?????????

Whiskey-Tango-Foxtrot kind of prize is that?

Chuckles
    @chuckles

Just got hit with another update bug. I have lost ateast 18o turkeys due to the bug. If your app says ” just need to update” hard close the game and restart. Everything will be there, otherwise you will lose a shit ton. Ugh.

Optimus_Pig
    @optimuspig

@chuckles

What I really want to know is how you got “shit” through the filter, lol.

Optimus_Pig
    @optimuspig

@20qmindreader

Fascinating. Looks like someone’s been working overtime to collect turkey-pigs!

Has anyone posted what the number of gems are at Levels 4 and 5?

Chuckles
    @chuckles

@optimuspig, it is a unit of measure, not a swear word. Lol.

sheepybach
    @paul13

For 500 turkeys you get a Hat are Rovio for real. Thats it not bothering collecting them now geeeeeezzzzzz

GrimmJow
    @grimmjow

New most : 35 on beach with Soundwave

drewish
    @andrewmarlor

Just a wild guess here but as Rovio was ever so kind (yes thank you oh great and powerful ABT overlords for this wonderful blessing) as to give us this lame “challenge” that awards gems for higher level rewards, I’m thinking we may have to buy Hot Rod with gems. Rovio doesn’t like to give us anything without a plan to take it away in place.

Catrine
    @catrine

500 for a hat you have to be joking !

Talk about taking the fun out of the game

Also why were there more turkeys before the challenge

Grrrrrr argh!

WeeNaoise
    @weenaoise

I have just had my fifth Updating Your Progress – went from 260 turkeys back down to 72. But in a way this is good news – the four Updating Your Progress I had yesterday each took me back down to 52 turkeys. So far I have lost nearly 400 turkeys with this Updating Your Progress – and I can’t find a way around it as even with a hard reset, the message just pops up as soon as I switch the game on again. F*** this for a game of soldiers…

auressaion
    @auressaion

Hello all,

Did not encounter this “Updating Your Progress” bug – I sure hope it won’t happen at all. It may be related to the fact that I am not logged to Facebook anymore, as the game “refused” all my attempts to log in after the first Halloween update? (by “refused”, I mean that login was successful on Facebook, but the game acted as if I did not logged in. Anyways).

I confirm the “Where are the turkeys?!” ‘bug’ though.
    Just played about 30 minutes, across 7 or 8 nodes I think. Got about 30 turkeys, with 0 being the minimum (twice or thrice maybe), 2 being regular (twice or thrice also) and 18 being the maximum. So, based on a rate of 1 turkey per minute, it would take about 50 hours to reach 3.000 turkeys. Needless to say, I give up – the gameplay is simply not interesting enough to spend that much time on it. Come on Rovio, like seriously? 50 hours for *ONE* competition? Within 6 days? Is this meant for real (“Dude, our gamers are soooooo addicted they will spend their days playing the game just to get the maximum award”), or is it more basically that at least one designer sucks at maths (and the updates for ABT are not tested before being released, else this would have been seen)?

Good luck to all, have fun if you can (but I seriously doubt that on ABT :s ).

Optimus_Pig
    @optimuspig

Last four nodes I’ve run: zero turkeys.

Home Forums Angry Birds Transformers Forum Thanksgiving Challenge

Viewing 25 replies - 1 through 25 (of 55 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.