stop the political ads

Home Forums Angry Birds 2 Forum stop the political ads

• Ok ENOUGH of the Political ads.. Finland has NO say in our elections.

Half the dang time the ads crash and won’t let us continue..
    They are ANNOYING…

Viewing 10 replies - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Replies
  • You Gotta be Joshing me
    @beakymcfeather

The ads are usually done by a 3rd party entity, not by Rovio. They’re also most likely based on things such as location or search history.

Dearg mor
    @dearg-mor

But doesnt rovio control who can advertise on their games and who can‘t?

You Gotta be Joshing me
    @beakymcfeather

The ads are probably personalized or somewhat based on location. By doing things like turning off location services or disabling tailored ads in your device settings, the number of political ads will become greatly diminished

Nik
    @nik-handson

I was wondering earlier… has anyone actually downloaded any of the games they’ve seen advertised on AB2… or purchased a product, or interacted with them any further than play the demo games to make the time pass quicker? If anything it’s put me off whatever is being advertised, especially if the ad lasts longer than 20 secs!

Dearg mor
    @dearg-mor

@nik-handson a while ago I checked out Angry Birds Dream Blast as the ad said that it was the newest game in the series and I was curious by how Rovio’s games have evolved. Played until level 30, by then I became bored and deleted the app. I wonder how many levels it has now, since back then it only had bout a hundred

Doom Baby
    @doombaby

I’m guessing you have your account linked with Facebook. Your ads are based on you and your friends actions on fb. I also was getting pummeled with political ads because one friend decided to get all antifa on me. Once I unfollowed him, the political ads went away after a couple weeks.

You Gotta be Joshing me
    @beakymcfeather

@doombaby So in other words, don’t link your Facebook account with AB2.

Facebook is a scummy company in general, I never really trusted them and this only adds to that buildup of distrust.

AMG
    @martin-amg

Ad’s must be personalized, I get ads for cars mostly as you can see by my nickname, so yeah. The bigger problem is, they still crash the game on Windows. Or the more precise term: make the game unresponsive.

Birdbrained
    @birdbrained

no, my AB2 is NOT linked to face book. Nothing I have is linked to FB, as I am not even ON face book.

I am tired of seeing the political ads only to have it lock up and the end and I never get the reward. And all of the other constant game lock ups in windows 10.

I just now lost my daily Great Eagle play because when I hit the play button, the game shut down.. I re logged on and it says I did the game.. zero points..

Doom Baby
    @doombaby

All this game does is crash now.

Home Forums Angry Birds 2 Forum stop the political ads

Viewing 10 replies - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.