Starting to get a bit bored of this game….

Home Forums Angry Birds Transformers Forum Starting to get a bit bored of this game….

Viewing 6 replies - 26 through 31 (of 31 total)
  • Replies
  • SoloAz
    @soloaz

@optimuspig, I see you installed the update. Are you on Android and if so, did it work without crashing or did you do a workaround?

Optimus_Pig
    @optimuspig

@soloaz

I’m on iOS but the v1.5.15 update from last night had a major crash-on-startup bug that’s been affecting many iOS players.

Per Rovio’s suggestion I uninstalled then reinstalled the game, and then started playing it through iOS Game Center whereupon it restored my saved game progress.

New Update for ABT on iOS (v1.5.15 Crashing)

SoloAz
    @soloaz

Cool. I tested out the fresh install on my Droid tablet and that worked—as long as everything is backed up to FB (I think most of the fails I read about hadn’t backed up their progress). I will do the same for my Droid phone. Thanks, @optimuspig!

Optimus_Pig
    @optimuspig

@soloaz

No problem.

Yeah, this only works if your game was previously backed up on the cloud.

For those people who don’t use Game Center (or whatever the equivalent is on Android) or Facebook, or if they’d never installed the 1.4.x update (the one that first introduced automatic Cloud saves) then it seems like they’re totally SOL :(

otter
    @otter

I might be missing something…. How do you backup and restore from the game center…

Optimus_Pig
    @optimuspig

@otter

“I might be missing something…. How do you backup and restore from the game center…”

The backups have been automatic since the 1.4.x update released in April. As long as your Game Center ID was linked to the game (if you log into Game Center and see your up-to-date list of Achievements for ABT, then you should be good), it would automatically update.

So for those players who had the buggy install of v1.5.15 that caused the game to keep crashing at 95% on the start screen, Rovio’s solution is:

1. uninstall ABT from your device
    2. reinstall it from the Apple App Store
    3. go into Game Center and launch ABT from there (there should be an icon in the top right corner that when you press it gives you the choices “Play” or “Share” – click “Play”
    4. game launches, but forces you to watch the ABT intro video
    5. game will force you to play the tutorial level with Optimus Prime
    6. you’ll then be taken to the map screen, where it will show everything back to Rank 1, the entire map will be covered in clouds, and you’ll only have as many pigs and coins as you earned in the tutorial level. Don’t worry! Give it a couple of minutes, and the game will re-sync itself with your stored progress from Game Center prior to the update (coins, pigs, gems, upgrades, and achievements)

Make sense?

Home Forums Angry Birds Transformers Forum Starting to get a bit bored of this game….

Viewing 6 replies - 26 through 31 (of 31 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.