Star Cup nonsense

Home Forums Angry Birds Friends Forum Star Cup nonsense

• This is cute, win the first round (often by 100k or more) then the computer ‘opponent’ trashes you in subsequent matches. This appears to be a ruse to get you to waste your power-ups on a trivial and unimportant little side game that means nothing. Funny how the math that calculates opponent’s scores skews itself if it finds itself in an unfavorable situation. I’ve waited minutes of idle time prior to firing off my last bird, only to see the computer stroke itself for excesses of 150k at times. You can also catch magically appearing bonuses in the opponent’s score between the last second of the last game screen and the tally screen if the math is unfavorable to it winning.

Why such a pathetic game would resort to such pathetic chicanery can only be answered by an equally pathetic super ego trolling this forum likely in god-mod regalia and attitude. Kindly learneth me, oh kindered spirit.

Tell me how you people have the time to accrue/cheat/spend $ on the thousands of powerups you people have. Does it require quitting my job and living in my mommy’s house or is this simply commensurate to zero social mores and appointments?

Viewing 13 replies - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Replies
  • sticky pads
    @gecko88

i notice the same behavior… not isolated to Star Cup, similar things in ABF where the walkthroughs aways have unlimited  powerups, all the slings and scads of coins … many months ago i had all the slings, diamond league status and > 1000 coins only to have them wiped out by Boss Rovio … never got them back, and the possibility of building them up = slightly >0.000 given the capacity of many of the League X unrealistic firepower …

ps since i no longer wish to spend $$$ to buy my way up, nor will i cheat, i plod along

Bomb145
    @guibird2971koge

@andy-griffin Calm down,just report these bugs at Rovio Support:https://support.rovio.com/hc/en-us/categories/200204393-Angry-Birds-Friends?mobile_site=false

missy-little
    @missy-little

If the star cup is so trivial and unimportant why are you so upset,use it and the free PU & the upgrade sling shot for free practice,do not use your own PU! In the star cup i know what you mean about about the scores don’t pay attention too them concentrate on making good shots it’s  Free   If you win you get coins and bird feathers to upgrade your power if you lose so what it’s only a game

sticky pads
    @gecko88

thanx for the suggestion

i tried that, and after multiple emails, back and forth, the  coins, PUs and slings that disappeared were never recovered … the PUs and some of the coins and slings were “earned”, the remaining coins were purchased with real $$$

ps i am calm, just disappointed

sticky pads
    @gecko88

dear Missy Little

i recognize that Star Cup is not an important thing, i was merely agreeing with previous posts that commented on the unrealistic “opponent’s” padded scores … in fact i find it humorous…

the point i was making referred to ABF and purchases i made for “coins” to buy PUs and slings … the unexplainable loss, and fact they were not restored left me with the choices: 1) hack the game like other players do to gain unlimited bits, 2) buy those bits, something i could do, but won’t since there’s no guarantee the vanishing act won’t recur and 3) just continue, starting from scratch

i chose (3), but also noted that ABFriends switched to favor players with high levels of coins/PUs/Slings (especially the christmas tree), so rebuilding via placing within a level is nearly impossible  … the game is “free”, being able to compete is not

sqrlynutz

missy-little
    @missy-little

@gecko88 I was replying to Andy Griffiths post, sorry to hear you weren’t able to recover your losses.

Andy Griffith
    @andy-griffith

caught

This is how you at Rovio coon us.   The bird in motion is on it’s way to clearing another 25k points but look at the scores vis a vis what’s left to smash and score higher. If they’re going to be neegers don’t be so obvious about it.

Andy Griffith
    @andy-griffith

Niiiiiii-g-g-g-g-gers!

Vic
    @nvickrey

I noticed the only way I could win and get to the top 5% was to use many, many power ups.  When I found myself low on coins for the regular game, I vowed to never use power ups for Star cup again.  Only for the regular friends game.  If the rewards were better, I might change, but for now I just play and mostly lose.

LorensD1
    @lorensd1

Star cup is close to being a fair game except you can use a power up from the Angry Birds Friend game that are lit up at the top of the page. This should not be allowed. It would be nice to have a game where everyone gets actually the same PU’s and thats it. With so many player with thousands of power up on Friends the challenge is taken away. I wonder how these players would do one on one without all the PU’s? After years of not spending a dime of real money on the AF I finally spent four dollars just to get rid of the video adds that were becoming really annoying. I absolutely hate the one with the people remodeling their house to sell and the stupid fat cat. I look away when it comes on and would never buy any in game stuff that comes on. Im still not sure about the scoring and computer generated players that others are talking about. I do still play it and when I win I know it’s fair!

Argon
    @argon

I think the Star Cup is a complete fraud and here is why:

1) After lots of ,battles’ I played the pattern becomes pretty clear: If you don’t use any power ups (except the free one), you will probably lose the battle. But if you use all power ups, with a chance of over 90 % you will win the round. Of course they were quick at Rovio to include those TNT boxes into this calculation – more money for them.

2) I put battle in quotation marks because I don’t think you compete against scores from other users. The similarity to your own score, regardless of your level, is always too obvious. If I yield 1,000 points with my first shot the ,opponent’ will have 1,100. If I have 480,000, it will have 500,000 and so on. These are fixed scores based on your own score (that’s why you never see the complete score of your opponent before you fired all birds).

3) The level system doesn’t have any effect on your chances because the above points always remain the same. Whether my bird is at level 10 or 50 seems to be completely irrelevant. I never played opponents who were significantly above or beyond my own level because the close scores always remained the same. Don’t put any coins into feathers (in the store) – it doesn’t matter.

I really miss the early days when there were no stupid money-sucking power ups, just plain honest scores to compete with.

LorensD1
    @lorensd1

Would someone explain to me the value of the feathers in Star Cup? What good do they do and why would I want to buy them? I think they give you more power in Star Cup to some degree but who cares? It’s just a side game to AB friends while you wait for the game to expire and get on to the next tournament.

Argon
    @argon

Like I said above, I think the value of the feathers is zero regarding your chances of winning rounds in the Star Cup.

Basicly, you need feathers to level up all the bird types, because the higher the bird level, the higher the multiplier for points yielded with that bird type in every battle. In the beginning, when I was in believe the tournament was fair and real, I tried to level up the “big birds” (bomb, Terrence) since they usually bring much more points compared e.g. to yellow or red bird.

If you really want to succeed in Star Cup, I personally wouldn’t advise putting any coins into feathers because the power ups (potion, king sling etc.) are much more important for highter battle scores.

Home Forums Angry Birds Friends Forum Star Cup nonsense

Viewing 13 replies - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.