Server network errors need to stop

Home Forums Angry Birds Fight! Forum Server network errors need to stop

• Outrageous, just fought my lvl 6 yeti pig, did amazing, network error pops up and suddenly it’s like i didn’t even fight the pig, BUT, lost ship energy.

Starting from today i’ll write to Rovio support each day, until they fix the issues. This has been going on for far too long, urge others to do the same, if you got the will that is. :-)

EDIT: A bit of a false alarm as it did acknowledge the fight after i restarted the game.
    Still i stand by my previous point, we as players don’t need to suffer these server issues.

Viewing 25 replies - 1 through 25 (of 28 total)
  • Replies
  • Bobix
    @bobix86

Sent the e-mail:
    _________________________________________________________________________________________
    Hi,

Writing about frequent network issues me and other players are facing. Since i do monitor my internet connection and have determined that it’s not the source of the issues, i conclude that it’s Rovio’s servers that are causing these issues, so i ask kindly that you consider fixing these issues, and not leave your devoted players struggling with network errors (this has been going on for a long time).

Best regards,
    __________________________________________________________________________________________

Sounds ok? :-)

Bobix
    @bobix86

Gotten so bad now that i gave up on playing. Constant network errors. And the worst thing is, they (at least to my knowledge) don’t acknowledge it, no official response or anything. I imagine i’m not the only one having these issues, any words from other players?

And i’m just about 200 places short of being in the top 2000 in the event. :-(

micho
    @vmicho

Well. I’d say ABF is really a nice game, but with really the worst network engine I’ve ever seen. That cr*p draws about 100-200MB per week (!) from my bandwidth so I need to stay often on wifi. Rovio servers are cr*p too. And then the game crashes pretty often too, so when I’m in a train or so, well, gotta sacrifice some extra bandwidth to load the game again. And did I mention it needs like H+ cell connection? On E or 3G any loading screen takes over a minute.
    So yes, my thoughts are balancing between a nice game and a piece of sh*t network engine. No wonder people are rage-quitting.

Bobix
    @bobix86

Wow, didn’t know it draws so much bandwidth. Guess i don’t notice it considering i’m mostly on wifi while playing, plus i have a good carrier plan (well, it’s almost the cheapest but good perks) so i have around 7gb of mobile net saved up. But the server problem is something we shouldn’t have to deal with. Oh and, loading over a minute on 3g? We don’t have H+ here but it works really well over 3g, surprised it works so slow for you.

Bobix
    @bobix86

Great, on top of network issues now i caught the “no friends on asking for help” bug (obviously tied in with network issues). I’m currently about 1128th place (painfully earned), if i don’t stay in the top 2000, i’m blaming Rovio and quitting the game.

TomT
    @tomt

@bobix86 Speaking of network error, my score was set to 0 for couple hours. My score is back to normal now, but it did scare the hell out of me for a while….

Bobix
    @bobix86

@tomt Imagine spending a diamond to beat a lvl 8 yeti pig and having no record in log of beating it, and not getting any points. This is what happened to me right now. :-(
    Spent more than 5 minutes refreshing in hope to see it counted in, nothing. This game is going to hell fast. It looks like a DDoS attack to me.

EDIT: Ahhh, after 10 minutes. Actually it was lvl 9, but strangely i really don’t have any record in log about beating or losing to a lvl 8, only lvl 7.

Sorry for those who helped, can’t tank you as it doesn’t show anything.

justpast40
    @justpast40

Add me to the mix, I too am encountering multiple server connection issues with the pesky “now loading” icon. There have also been multiple times that the Help appears blank. Most of the time the Help corrected itself or reconnected to the Server in a few minutes, but 1 night, on both iPad & iPhone I had to exhaust all my Ship energies (auto refills not those in Bottle) to beat the Pig.

The scariest however is the same as @tomt. On Wednesday night, for about 40 minutes, starting about 9:15pm EDT, on iPhone, all my Fight points were gone after the App crashed. Strangely though, all OK on iPad. Seeing everything reset to ZERO scared the expletive deleted out of me. I’d taken screenshots & was about to open a Ticket with Rovio when the points & Rank reappeared.

@bobix86
    , congrats on that lvl 9 Yeti. I play a lot & I’ve only gotten to lvl 3 on iPhone & lvl 2 on are; I’d like to have seen more like you.

Talking about instability, the App just crashed again on iPhone as lvl 52 Turtle Pig Folks (the hard on) was ending & after restarting the App the points & SCORE were once again reset to ZERO. Fortunately they came back when I went back to the Island and then to the Monster Pig area, but the Log is grayed out so I can’t review last 10 Fights.

Bobix
    @bobix86

@justpast40 Thanks, was lucky to get the masquerade hull for the yeti pig so i have it easier.

Nothing yet from Rovio support, and yet another strange thing, had to reset password for my Rovio account (didn’t log in for a while) and now it won’t let me log-in with the new password stating it’s wrong.

Never seen Rovio-Game so unstable since i started playing. Usually the issues last for a day and not 2 days in a row. What happens remains to be seen. Would be happy if we got a response from an official Rovio employee here, though it’s a long shot.

justpast40
    @justpast40

@bobix86, I hear you on that Hull, I got that lucky on both iPad & iPhone in this Event where I only opened 20-Gem once on each device & got the Hull for each device. It’s made the Turtle Pig Folks so much easier LOL, but now at lvl 50+, I need a lot of help.

You may want to check out the Rovio employees here (25 or so when I last looked) & @ mention one of them here to see if you get a response. I see you’re pretty new here, so no offense intended, but do you know how to find them here on ABN?

Bobix
    @bobix86

No offense taken, well i guess i don’t really know how to find them, i tried Community/Members but i don’t know who they are lol, there’s a whole load of members…wait..got it, these?

@asd

@clovos

@bankler

@rovionefuah

Ok, i don’t want to be too noisy. :-)
    So if one of the respected members sees this, i ask them kindly to read this topic and respond.

Bobix
    @bobix86

@justpast40 On both? Nice, congrats.

Yeah i did need help with the last 5 yeti pigs (lvl5 trough 10) for the last two, couldn’t defeat them on my own even with 3 ship energies, i imagine it would have been much easier if i had gotten the bow as well.

Rovio Nefuah
    @rovionefuah

Hey all,

thanks for reporting the issue! I see what information I can dig up to solve this quickly.

-N

Bobix
    @bobix86

@rovionefuah Thanks for the response. We would (at least i would) very much like to hear what’s going on, especially since the issues continue. Didn’t really count but i think i saw about 10 different error messages during these 3 days. Right now i got the network error 3 times in a row, so i closed the game, don’t know if i should play or not anymore, and Rovio keeping quiet (until now) isn’t helping the situation.

Really love this game (only one iv’e been playing for months) and i don’t wanna let it go (at least not w/o a fight! that is :-) ).

EDIT: I don’t know why i didn’t do this in the first place (guess i got too annoyed).
    Providing pics of different errors and how they affect the game, hope it helps.

All of them happened exactly in the order shown, one after the other (they were taken fresh, meaning, the blues arena has started, but as you can see in the last one, couldn’t access it on this occasion).

Will add more as they show up.

Bobix
    @bobix86

1 more.

Guess these errors are well known, but the problem is they keep happening constantly.

TomT
    @tomt

Good grief, the server errors are craaaaazy!

_

Bobix
    @bobix86

Got the mail response.
    _______________________________________________________________________________________
    Pekka (Rovio Entertainment Ltd)
    Aug 23, 15:25 EEST

Hello there,

and thanks for contacting us!

Sorry to hear that you have been experiencing problems with AB Fight. There were some issues during the weekend, but the situation should be more stable now. We do our best to minimize the amount of these problems.

If the problem persists however, please get back to us. In that case, we’d also like to know which specific error codes you keep getting and which device and operating system you are using.

We apologize for the inconvenience!

Best regards,

Pekka
    Rovio Support Team
    ________________________________________________________________________________________

Haven’t played at all today, was on a business trip, got some translations to finish and then i’ll play, and i’ll be sure to mail them in detail this time if i keep experiencing issues.

FreckledPig147
    @freckledpig147

No issues for me, though I’ve seen a few times where I’m at the loading screen, nothing loads at all, and then a few seconds later, an error pop-up shows. However, once I tap the button, it loads as normal! The only time I’ve gotten Error -1 is when I’ve turned off the Wi-Fi and forgot to turn it back on before playing. I’ve seen network errors in past Monster Pig events, but none in the previous one at all. But still, it’s strange that while this game has been released internationally for more than a year and nothing massive has been added to the game (that would be more likely to cause server errors), there still are some problems without any kind of explanation.

TomT
    @tomt

@rovionefuah

So I reached the 350 point mark in this Violin Pig event. I went into my gift box to retrieve the Green Beans for Stella, and then the error message popped up and said that I already got this item.

No, I didn’t “already got this item”. The item is not in the gift box, nor is it in Stella’s inventory. The item was just simply gone.

Not that it matters. It’s not a great item, but still, I hate to think that I could lose something more valuable.

Bad coding? Bad servers?

Bobix
    @bobix86

@tomt

Strange…usually the item should appear after some time, i’ve had situations like that but it would reappear in about 20-25 minutes tops.

Last week due to so much server related errors, i gotten 5 diamonds from daily quest a day before i should have. Or so i thought, it turned out that the game\server miscalculated day of the daily quests but the next day it corrected itself, funny but true. It was actually showing me that i was on day 7, when i was on day 8, thought, cool i’ll get 5 diamonds twice, but nope. :-)

Oh and yep, the errors are popping out today as well (though not so much as before).

Rovio Nefuah
    @rovionefuah

Hey,

it seems that Pekka gave a good response already via customer support. Meaning that the teams are working on this!

best

Beth Patrylak
    @beth-patrylak

I had the same thing happen got an error said I already got the monitor shield when I never even clicked on it. Now three days later still no Sheila. Also just did 8 straight fights and no monster pig battles and tons of server errors

justpast40
    @justpast40

@bobix86, sorry for the delay in responding. It looks like you found several Rovio employees, but just in case you are interested, to find the rest of them, I use the Badges section. Rovio employees are given or awarded a Badge called Celebrity Judge. To find them:

1. Go to “About” above in the Yellow banner
    2. Click on Badges & Rankings (about 1/2 way down page are the Badge descriptions)
    3. Click on Celebrity Judge

All the Rovio employees with this Badge will appear. There are certainly a lot more than several years ago. At one time, I recall only seeing only a few of them.

I paid to lose the ads & became “uncaged” when it became available, so what I see on a page is less cluttered than what those not uncaged members see, but if you need to find some of these employees in the future, the above should get you there.

justpast40
    @justpast40

@beth-patrylak, over the last year, I have occasionally had an issue collecting an awarded prize from the Gift Box. When it’s happened to me (both iPad & iPhone) as I’ve clicked on a prize in my Gift Box I got the really annoying “now loading” icon & when it clears the item still appeared in my Gift Box, but when then trying to collect it, I got a message that said I’d already collected the item, which of course was not the case.

If you haven’t already tried, you should open a trouble Ticket with Rovio support. Each time it happened to me, I opened a support Ticket with Rovio & they resent the item. Although I’m pretty sure I took screenshot each time & included it in my Tickets, they have a way to see these things. I learned early on with this game to take screenshot on my devices each time I had an issue for this very reason.

Good luck & welcome to ABN

Bobix
    @bobix86

@justpast40
    No worries, i figured it out (not my first forum), but thanks anyway. :-)

Now i’m trying to communicate (sent a pm) with admins to try and get new content suggestions to become a sticky and get noticed by Rovio employees, in hopes that some suggestions make it to the game (and improve it).

Home Forums Angry Birds Fight! Forum Server network errors need to stop

Viewing 25 replies - 1 through 25 (of 28 total)
  • The forum ‘Angry Birds Fight! Forum’ is closed to new topics and replies.