Serious Crashing

Home Forums Angry Birds Transformers Forum Serious Crashing

• Anyone besides me having some major crashing since the latest update? It took 6 tries to even get the game up and I played once and the whole app crashed and now I can’t even pull it up. I am sure I lost a life in the process..

Viewing 25 replies - 1 through 25 (of 46 total)
  • Replies
  • jster
    @jster

@diamond72 Thank god I’m not the only one experiencing crashing issues, updated to 1.26.6.2 yesterday and since that I cant run any meadow or desert nodes.
    I now have 6 nodes I cannot run and have lost out on event runs when presumably it was the meadow or desert scenario and also crashed out of spark run when transitioning from the underground cavern to the desert scene.
    Beach, Pig City & Cobalt Valley work ok, but I have noticed a grey/blue haze appears after about 30 seconds of a beach run.
    I have raised this in the 1.26.6. upgrade thread but no one there has had any similar issues.
    I’m using an iPod5 on ios 9.3.5.
    I am limited to the occasional event run that works and 2/5 of a spark run now(depending on the order it comes in).
    Don’t think the daily quest completion or a high token return are possible until this is sorted.

sheepybach
    @paul13

you can add my name to crashes and problems logging into the game

Traveler
    @traveler

I am having the same problem since the new update yesterday.

Doctor Piggy
    @doctorpiggy

Every run on the tournament crashes. Was hoping for a soft fix by now as it’s been 24 hours or more and really frustrating that every run ends in restarting the game. I don’t understand how they can always make so many mistakes with an update…

sixxdawg
    @sixxdawg

I let the temptation of a new event and new prospects cloud my judgement to do the hard update yesterday even though I had read that some people were experiencing crashes. Now the game is useless. I tried to complete the daily quests right up until they reset last night to no avail. 99% of the time it crashes after the logo flips when loading a node.

Normally I’d be furious, but I’m not. Part of me is glad to have this happen, because I’m really bored with the game and I’m definitely fed up with Rovio’s incompetence and greed. Like many of you I’ve been playing since day 1 and have endured the crashes, bugs, annoying ad pop-ups and in game ad ploys, etc. I think this may be the last straw for me.

FYI: I’m on a 4th Gen iPad running iOS 9.3.5. It could be that the game has simply grown beyond what my aging iPad and operating system can handle. However, I doubt it. It’s most likely Rovio’s incompetence.

Optimus_Pig
    @optimuspig

@sixxdawg

It’s pretty incomprehensible, isn’t it?

If it’s running on my 1st Gen iPad Mini, there’s no reason why it shouldn’t run on your 4th Gen iPad.

ABTonAndroid5guy
    @abtonandroidguy

100% CRASH on every run – ABT program crashes out to iOS and will restart but it appears when any Advertisement begins a hard Abort occurs – the only upside is no AD’s!

nykki
    @diamond72

This morning it won’t open at all now. Was going to send one of those pretty-useless-but-makes-you-feel-better-to-complain crash reports to Robin but can’t seem to find a link to it

sixxdawg
    @sixxdawg

@optimuspig

It certainly is, but not surprising when it comes to this game.

jster
    @jster

Just updated to soft update 1.26.6.3 but still crashing, anyone else had more luck than me?
    I’ve tried removing some unneeded aps, device reboot & deleting a shed load of photos & vids just in case it was memory related to my device but as I thought it isn’t.
    JARSU!! JARSU!! JARSU!!

Optimus_Pig
    @optimuspig

@sixxdawg

BTW, I’m pretty sure that the 4th Gen iPad supports iOS 10.x

You should try updating your OS, that might do the trick.

datguygamer
    @datguygamer

Thankfully no crashes here so far. SO FAR…who knows when JARSU will strike me.

Traveler
    @traveler

My game still crashes. Am on iOS 9.3.5 which is the latest update for my iPad. Also tried deleting some apps and clearing history with no success.

Poncho
    @poncho

I’m done with this. I can only play when connected to wifi now, and even at that it crashes constantly. Rovio’s incompetence is astonishing.

sixxdawg
    @sixxdawg

@optimuspig

My bad…I’ve got a 3rd Gen. I thought the “New iPad” as it was called at the time, was 4th Gen. So I’m stuck at iOS 9.3.5.

nykki
    @diamond72

I don’t have my Ipad with me, but i know i have plenty of memory, so that ain’t it. I am completely up to date on mu sytem. I deleted the app and reinstalled and rebooted mt system. All this between last night and this morning. So we will see how things look when I go home for lunch

TheShadow
    @dlurbauer

I’m just having the usual # of crashes during my regular & tournament runs, but I am having major problems with the Sparkle runs. I have two separate games going on two separate iPads. Yesterday the iPad 2 crashed during the run, and today both the iPad 2 and iPad Air 2 crashed. I was kicked out of the game, and when I returned, of course I did not earn any sparkles I completed before crashing, but I needed to recharge the transformers that I used before the crashing, and I couldn’t replay the Sparkle run without paying 100 gems to do so (which I did not). This is especially irritating because they are only giving 400 sparkles for completing the daily challenges now.

CD
    @bartiedog

My crashes are at level 15 spark run. 2 times in 2 days. Not running level 15 anymore!

BP
    @bpmann

Spark run crashed for the first time for me. Clock reset for the next spark recharge. Tf’s were left fully charged. Only thing lost were some spark.

datguygamer
    @datguygamer

Got my first crash in SparkRun. Spoke too soon about no crashing on my device.

Izberg
    @izberg

I have played on two devices: Samsung Galaxy Tablet 10.1 and a Galaxy S7 phone. For the last month or more my tablet was useless and wouldn’t run the game after the last hard update, so I was forced to play from my phone only. I installed the hard update yesterday on my tablet and it started working again. A bit sluggish in some play, but still managed to play about 5 or more levels on it before going to sleep. Woke up today and attempted the spark run and it crashed no more than 30 seconds into it. I then opened the game on my S7 and attempted the spark run on there and it crashed too after the first underground. Prior to this, the S7 rarely ever crashed and would have an occasional hangup in play, but would resume. Anytime I see a pause in the game on my tablet, I know it will not recover and that level is over and everything paid to play it.

Izberg
    @izberg

@CD… the crashes I experienced today both times were on Sparkrun level 15 also! Maybe that is the problem with that level. I’ve unlocked to level 23 so far, so I’ll try either level 14 or 16 next time. My theory is the amount of spark we earn is based on a predetermined formula they came up with at Rovio that regardless of the level, you will need to have the right combination of bots, promotions and spark to get the max spark for that level. I played level 16 yesterday with level 15 bots and a 240% bonus and only got 200 spark out of it. When I play anywhere in the level 20s sparkruns the most I would get was about 170 spark at the end of a successful run. So I’ve stopped trying to unlock more levels until I increase my spark bonuses

playtolose
    @dan-bergin-holly

Hello – Long time lurker, first time poster here.
    I’ve been playing on an S7 Edge and haven’t gotten any issues yet – but I’m really early level on the Spark Run (like lv3) – are the crashes all on the higher levels? Or with higher level bots?

also @jster – What is JARSU?

EF5OX
    @ef5ox

@dan-bergin-holly I am on spark run 26 and the it crashed. It crashed randomly (for me) at 4 or 5 different levels. I am able to complete the levels on 2nd or third attempt. Event crashes are becoming pretty frequent (for me). So tired of it, I have tons of memory space. This is JARSU! Just Another Rovio Screw Up!!! The whole overpower thing also seems ridiculous, from what I read in the forum. Hope that helps.

ramonpontes
    @ramonpontes

@dan-bergin-holly

Welcome to the board. The spark runs crashes may occur on any level and with every TF. There is really no pattern.

P.S.
    JARSU stands for “Just Another Rovio Screw Up”

Home Forums Angry Birds Transformers Forum Serious Crashing

Viewing 25 replies - 1 through 25 (of 46 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.