Seasons trouble

Home Forums General Discussions Forum Seasons trouble

• AB Seasons doesn’t load. Is it undergoing a radical update? Is it being discontinued? I get to the initial screen to coose episodes and it just shuts down, returning me to my home screen. Using Samsung Galaxy iPad. Any word from the developers?

Viewing 25 replies - 1 through 25 (of 36 total)
  • Replies
  • ixan57
    @ixan57

@mooeyg got the same problem on a android table about 2mths ago. Rovio support suggested uninstalling and reloading logged into Facebook to save progress. WARNING if you do so you will save game progress but lose coins etc and if you play pig challenge reward progress will also be lost.having thousands of coins and almost completed pig challenge I have not uninstalled, so waiting for an update to see if that sorts the problem.however can’t get a straight answer from rovio about next update if it happens

ixan57
    @ixan57

@mooeyg also see my post in ROVIO GAMES AND THERE STATUSES on this forum for rovio reply

CrankyBeach
    @crankybeach

Same problem here. I can’t find anything on the statuses thread about this. Could someone post a direct link to that information, or copy and paste it in this thread? Thanks.

gumby
    @gumby

@mooeyg @ixan57 @crankybeach

I was having the same issue with Seasons. It is working now. Turn off your wifi then hard close Seasons and then reopen it. This worked for me. You can turn wifi back on once Seasons has opened.

CrankyBeach
    @crankybeach

That did the trick. Thank you,  gumby! Have a great day!

mooeyg
    @mooeyg

Perfect!  Thanks.  That worked for me,  too.

ixan57
    @ixan57

Thanks @gumby much appreciated for the advice.alas no joy.have tried your method, also cleared cache,force stopped with and without wi-fi. Will sit it out for a update if that ever happens. You sorted out two other nesters. Great stuff. Thanks again, happy flinging

Greblyn
    @greblyn

Hi all! Have been playing all AB since the beginning, totally addicted. Seasons is my favorite. Just started having this same problem; loads momentarily, then back to home screen. Have tried everything I can think of, including turning off wifi, then doing a force stop in app manager–still no good. Don’t want to lose 48K bird coins or challenge progress by uninstalling/reinstalling. On android tablet, but same thing happening on android phone. Anyone have any other suggestions? Am going through withdrawal here!

Kathy
    @kathy

Same trouble here  I started a discussing, not realizing this one was here.

I think there is another one also.

Kathy
    @kathy

@greblyn I know you say you’ve tried everything but just try this step by step it should work

1 Close out of Seasons by clicking back arrow until it says “Are youSure”

2  Clear season’s from your recent apps

3 Turn off Wifi

4 Go to settings >apps> Abs clear cache force stop

5 at this point with Wifi off i restarted my tablet

6 Reopen Seasons with Wifi still off

Good Luck

Greblyn
    @greblyn

Thanks Kathy. Your advice almost helped. Did everything as you said, was actually able to get to the quest screen, then poof, back to home screen. As others are also having trouble, am hoping it’s a glitch on the app side and will wait (impatiently) for a fix from Rovio. Very sad now.

Kathy
    @kathy

Awww I’m sorry @Greblyn

Maybe try shutting Wi-Fi off first before anything else.

@Gumby
    @meanguy did i leave out any steps in my instructions above ?

Greblyn Hopefully Rovio will get this fixed soon!

ixan57
    @ixan57

Hi @kathy @greblyn Kathy my problem is can’t carry out instruction (1) as i don’t get chance to back arrow. Get Rovio red/white logo then back to tablet home screen. Usual from Rovio uninstall/install all very well main progress Facebook saved but 10s of thousands of coins and challenges lost. Waiting for update and response from roivo regarding seasons status .here is reply from rovio (news like this is announced on rovio’s web pages or in a newsletter.in most cases we do not publish the release dates for the updates before they are ready and available.this is to make sure we can finalize the updates without external time pressures and because we do not want to give dates we cannot always guarantee we can hit). p.s have tried a combinations of force stop WiFi on wifi off etc

ixan57
    @ixan57

Also just for info. This problem happened during a uninvited advert that Pop’s up from time to time. Mid way through one of the usual ads closed app and would not restart

Greblyn
    @greblyn

Hi @ixan57. Same problem here, can’t get to back arrow. Everything else almost worked, got to quests, then zapped back to home screen. Sweating out the withdrawals, hoping for a fix from Rovio. Sigh…

ixan57
    @ixan57

@greblyn same here. Will raise a another ticket with rovio again will keep you posted

gumby
    @gumby

@ixan57 @greblyn also restart your device that worked for @madflinger

Kathy
    @kathy

Ok I didn’t think off that @ixan57 and @greblyn

I n that case just start with step 2 or even 3

Then as @Gumby says restart device.

sorry about that

Kathy
    @kathy

Rovio says they are now aware of this problem and have their “development team” working on it. They hope to have it figured out soon, but it will require a new update to Seasons to correct the issue.

meanguy
    @meanguy

@kathy

For some reason, it is taking a really long time for some messages to reach me. I never did get the question you put to me & @gumby earlier today.  As far as steps go;  I first turn on one of my tablets, let it boot & link to wifi, then try to open Seasons. When it fails after the loading screen, I turn off the wifi ( I completely forgot about airplane mode, having never used it before today), then I am able to open  Seasons and turn the wifi back on. It is tedious, but it works.

BlueStacks is an android emulator for PC’s.  It lets you use & play android apps on desktop computers, like my Dell XPS 8700, since Rovio no longer makes games that are PC compatible.

As I stated earlier today, BlueStacks suggestion was to update to their lastest version 3, but I really don’t want to. When I HAD to update to version 2, I lost all my scores in AB.

For now, I think I will just keep trying to open Seasons whenever I want to play a level there and if I can’t get in, I’ll do the wifi off/wifi on shuffle until Rovio, or someone much smarter, figures this out.

Kathy
    @kathy

@meanguy Sorry your having trouble getting messages, I probably @ mentioned you to many times today , sorry for that.
    i guess that’s all we can do is to just deal with it until someone at Rovio figure it out!

Hopefully you won’t have to much trouble with your Bluestacks ..

mooeyg
    @mooeyg

Problem came back. The original suggestions worked and I got into Seasons and played some games to improve my score. Then I had to completely power down my iPad because its WiFi interferes with Amazon streaming. So show’s over and I power up again, go to Seasons and BANG! Problem is back and nothing I do fixes it now. Need my Seasons! It’s my favorite.

ixan57
    @ixan57

@kathy as always your the best, you got a positive response from rovio. You can put away the thumbscrews now.lol cheers Kathy

Greblyn
    @greblyn

Well, @kathy, I finally got back in. Whew! Using airplane mode (not just turning off wifi), then shutting down tablet, seemed to do the trick. Thank you all for help. I know in today’s turbulent world, being able to play an on-line game seems trivial, but Angry Birds really is my stress relief of choice. 😊

Kathy
    @kathy

Hi @ixan57 I can’t take credit for that, actually @meanguy got the reply from Rovio , i just copied it and pasted it here 🐣

@greblyn
    Yay! I’m happy you were able to get it to work! hopefully it’s a temporary fix, I know what you mean about stress relief, flinging birds is a good distraction from all the craziness going on in the world, at least for a little bit 😉🐣

Home Forums General Discussions Forum Seasons trouble

Viewing 25 replies - 1 through 25 (of 36 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.