PVP in the future

Home Forums Angry Birds Epic Forum PVP in the future

• This thread was created merely for discussion purposes.
    You can reply below about what you think happens at the end of the 1st PVP season, or what would happen in the 2nd season. Now, you can also talk about what you wish could arrive in Season 2 or in subsequent seasons.

Previously called “PVP Season 1, Week 12 – What happens after that?”

Viewing 25 replies - 1 through 25 (of 41 total)
  • Replies
  • KerrAvon
    @kerravon

Hopefully there will be a long time gap between seasons.
    And next season will be much shorter.

KillerKea
    @killerkea

I would think the next season starts immediately and you stay in the league you last finished in unless you earned a promotion or demotion in week 12.

MysticBurn
    @renitz

I asked that question via a ticket just now. If there is no new season then I have nothing to play for until it starts again (no new caves), also asked if everyone starts in wood again regardless reached league in season 1.

Baconizer
    @korath88

Nope. According to Rovio’s support page, “After 12 league weeks (3 months) the PvP Season will end. At the end of this Season additional Season rewards will be distributed according to the league and rank you have reached. After that a new PvP season starts and all league ranks are reset.”

Neomerlinmagic
    @neomerlinmagic

I wonder if after we’re all reset back to wood league, will we still be able to use our higher league banners?

cosmo2503
    @cosmo2503

@neomerlinmagic yes, you can keep your higher league items. During this season i was demoted from Gold to Silver league and I had my gold league items for banner.

Doc Mayank
    @doc-mayank

When will week 12 be? Currently #8 in Diamond.. If it’s worth it I’ll grind a bit more to reach top 5. #1, 2 and 3 are at more than a million points, so #4 and 5 are the only ones that I can gain on :P

Edit: Guess my board has cheaters. Went from #7 to #12 in an hour…
    back on topic: Just checked, my game is on 11 weeks out of 15? This is the first time I see 15 weeks. ‘Season 1 – Week 11/15’

scruffydork
    @scruffydork

I really hope to see some new caves. The PVP is really getting boring.

t_russell
    @tigerussell

@doc-mayank — What league are you in?

EDIT: I just forced closed my game and restarted. I see now 11 of 15 as well. Just what I wanted four more useless weeks at diamond grinding to not lose. 12 weeks seemed interminable enough.

Strategia55
    @strategia55

The PvP would be a lot more exciting with a few tweaks. Starting with the Cheaters issue then Nerfing of the Banners.

t_russell
    @tigerussell

Well to answer the question in the OP.

Week 13

cosmo2503
    @cosmo2503

This is really bad, I hoped first season will end soon and now it is five weeks to go. Seems like it will never end… It is becoming annoyingly boring.

KillerKea
    @killerkea

I think it is very unfair to make everyone start over in the wood league simply because many will have better items that others can’t possibly get no matter how much they spend. A new player that has all rank 10 birds and level 41 sets will be at a big disadvantage against someone who has a set from the diamond league. Of course most won’t have the best equipment and all rank 10 birds so they are going to experience a lot of frustration even if the cheater problem is fixed.

Anonymous

Yes if that happens it will be just like the first weeks of this arena season. All the big players who are very powerful will all be at the top of the leaderboards leaving weaker players in the wood league for weeks.

KerrAvon
    @kerravon

@killerkea and others I think we should carefully read Rovio’s message.

According to Rovio’s support page, “After 12 league weeks (3 months) the PvP Season will end. At the end of this Season additional Season rewards will be distributed according to the league and rank you have reached. After that a new PvP season starts and all league ranks are reset.”

They mention resetting league ranks – which is your position on the leaderboard. They don’t actually say they are resetting leagues. Putting everyone back to the wood league would have so many problems.

I think we need more information from Rovio as to what will happen in season 2 and how it will work.

FreckledPig147
    @freckledpig147

In my opinion, everyone is put back to Wood League in Season 2, but we keep our old banner parts. Hopefully then there will be more features and a much improved PVP. I think the lobby would still be accessible, but there will not be any battles or leagues until Season 2.

MysticBurn
    @renitz

@all, Rovio’s answer:

Hello Rene,

and thanks for contacting us!

After the first season ends, everybody gets a trophy and a frame around their avatar icon. The players get to keep the banner items they have, but everybody has to start from the Wood League again when the next season begins.

Update 1.2.5 was forced to all players today, so no one should be able to cheat anymore. There may be still some impossible scores by cheaters from Monday, as the cheaters have been able to play with version 1.2.3 on Monday before the forced update.

Best regards,

Pekka
    Rovio Support Team

LOL, LMAO, all that cheating/effort to get a trophy and frame around avatar!!!

Strategia55
    @strategia55

I realize starting everyone over in Wood League is not the best , but it feels like ”

“We screwed up , Let’s try it again from the Start ”

With that in mind, I don’t mind starting over AS much as I did early on.

t_russell
    @tigerussell

LOL, LMAO, all that cheating/effort to get a trophy and frame around avatar!!!

Dear God

Anonymous

@renitz Sheesh they couldn’t even spare some kind of actual reward? Rather than a bit a fame (Which doesn’t get you much anyway) that’s pretty cheap.

MysticBurn
    @renitz

@partshade Was thinking about that today, expected something more in the lines of a spin on wheel like events or a special banner item. Good to know now, then on the end. So after today’s battle grinding session which is harder now, that’s good, seems lot of players are starting to play again. More up to date line ups, which makes it harder for me, no lvl 10 mastery birds yet. So lot of restarting the game and i can’t get the computer line ups. Still trying to get top three and in the proces denie the monday cheater those spots, others are catching up as well, so far he has not played since the forced update, maybe losing battle towards the end because others are getting more points now, so will not focus all my time on arena but on getting more mastery. Hoping the reward in season two will BE better, probaly ornaments or drapery to be put beside the frame lol. Actually what would be priceless the look on the faces of the cheaters who actually played for that prize and got demoted because there basically lazy and get out grinded this and next week.

FreckledPig147
    @freckledpig147

Okay, I’m widening up this topic’s focus a little more than just what happens after next week’s Sunday.

DuncTK421
    @dunctk421

You know it’s been extended right? Mine is currently showing Week 11/15.

Elespejo
    @espejo123

Yes, the PVP arena has been extended to 15 weeks instead of 12.

FreckledPig147
    @freckledpig147

@dunctk421 @espejo123 I just read about it somewhere else in this forum. The goods news is that I have a better chance of getting to Diamond League. Bad news is, well, I need to grind for 3 more weeks!

Home Forums Angry Birds Epic Forum PVP in the future

Viewing 25 replies - 1 through 25 (of 41 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.