The Angry Birds News & Discussion Board

Home Forums General Discussions Forum The Angry Birds News & Discussion Board

Viewing 18 replies - 76 through 93 (of 93 total)
  • Replies
  • Kathy
    @kathy

@partshade perhaps if Rovio stayed true to updating the original slingshot games they would have made some money.  Instead of matching and popping games that only appeal to youngsters whose parents money eventually stops. Or they grow and go off to school. Instead of  appealing to the tried and true dedicated flingers they are slowly but surely losing due to lack of any new content.

I wish Peter Vestabaka good luck with his tunnel;)

Anonymous

@kathy Yeah. It honestly still baffles me as to why Rovio thought it would be in any way profitable to completely disregard the very games and players that made them rich in the first place, and instead make a bunch of bubble and matching games, just like 80% of the other games on the appstore, and just slap an Angry Birds theme on them. Even the birds and pigs are slowly becoming more like advertising mascots instead of the emotional beings they once were. :/

This is SG
    @sahil-gagrai

28 May 2018

Hello friends! It’s been very long since I made a news update here. You may probably hear about this news, but if not, then I’ll tell you. Rovio is now making lots of plans for their Angry Birds franchise. Sadly, no plans for games. Here’s what’s going on if you don’t know yet:

• The Angry Birds Movie 2, a sequel of the film, to be released on September 2019.
    • A new, long-episode animated series planned for 2020.
    • An AB competition TV series, live stage shows, and location-based entertainment events.
    • Original live action and animated content for their YouTube channel.
    • Lots of new apparels, accessories, stationery, and toys to hit the stores soon, which are mostly based on their movie, AB Evolution, and the Bad Piggies.
    • Many promotional food items from Chupa Chups and other well-known food brands from different regions.
    • Promotions with Sonic restaurants and Hostess products, with in-app bonuses for AB Match.

So it’s a very long time to make things hyped. Let’s hope that they do something awesome with this series, possibly reviving it.

This is SG
    @sahil-gagrai

30 June, 2018

Hi friends! Not a lot is going on for this series. You may probably know that those “original live-action and animated content” that I mentioned in the previous post were actually these three shows which you already know about it right now:

• Piggy Tales: 4th Street- The latest animated series from Rovio, featuring those piggies (in movie style, of course) in their own world, Pig City.
    • Fun Game Coding- Their first real-life series, where the devs from Rovio will talk about how to do coding while visualizing it with funny animations of piggies.
    • BirLd Cup- Another live-action series in which two junior football teams, accompanied with 2 professional football players each, will compete on 10 different challenges to win the “BirLd Cup”. This also includes short animated appearances of Red, Chuck, and the piggies.

And now, there’s a new Angry Birds theme park named Angry Birds World in Qatar! It is said to be the biggest entertainment park yet. For now, only the indoor section is open to the public, with the outdoor section coming soon. This theme park has lots of arcade games and rides, and they are not just based on their slingshot gimmick, but the themes are based on most Angry Birds games like GO!, Epic, and Stella. It looks like there is a vast variety of those things, so there’s a lot to do there. I think it’s a great way to introduce this series to the Arabian audience.

LaurenM
    @thislilpiggy

They moved the movie sequel release date up :)

Sony Pictures has also moved forward the Angry Birds sequel from September 20, 2019 to September 6 of the same year. The move will put the animated film in direct competition with the Warner Bros. horror sequel, It: Chapter 2. The returning voice cast includes Jason Sudeikis (We’re the Millers, Horrible Bosses) as the temperamental Red, Josh Gad (Beauty and the Beast, Frozen, Murder on the Orient Express) as speedy Chuck, Bill Hader (Barry, Trainwreck) as Leonard, king of the pigs, Danny McBride (Vice Principals, This is the End) as the volatile Bomb, and Peter Dinklage (Game of Thrones, Avengers: Infinity War, Three Billboards) as the legendary Mighty Eagle. New editions to the voice cast includes Sterling K. Brown (This Is Us), Rachel Bloom (Crazy Ex-Girlfriend) an Leslie Jones (Ghostbusters).

Sony Pictures Sets Dates for Angry Birds 2 and Jumanji 3

Antonio231102
    @joseantonio

@partshade I could not agree more with what you said…

This is SG
    @sahil-gagrai

27 September, 2018

Hey friends! Today, Rovio posted a video about their new AB game, and also the first VR game! You already get it, it’s Angry Birds FPS! (does not include guns)

They still use their movie designs, but at least they came back to their roots of classic slingshot shooting. Physics look off as the TNT box got destroyed after falling but didn’t create a blast wave. What do you think about it?

Kathy
    @kathy

@sahil-gagrai Thanks for the update on this news!! I for one can’t wait to check it out🐣 Just got in from work, will definitely look at this later and let you know what I think!
    Happy to see this forum still alive!

Antonio231102
    @joseantonio

Even though I can’t play VR games I’m so happy about Rovio is finally getting back to the classic slingshot games!

This is SG
    @sahil-gagrai

3 October, 2018

Hi, friends! Halloween season is coming, but still, Rovio has no plans for it right now since it is celebrating NASA’s 60th anniversary. Rovio since has released a new mini-series, Angry Birds Zero Gravity, where Red, Chuck, and Bomb are in space as astronauts (not in their AB Space style, which is dead). I’m glad that this channel is still making some original AB animation, even if it’s just a short video.

Also, there’s now Angry Birds fashion too! Which looks weird and actually good too BTW. But I think they have overdone it with the awkward bird-like angry eyebrows.

Angry Birds + Fashion = ???, Profit!

Full article here

Also, remembered Hatch, Rovio’s mobile game streaming app? In that app, you play games without installing them, one of the games obviously being the original Angry Birds, and other games like Monument Valley, Sonic Jump, etc. German users now don’t need to worry about the data usage, as this is going to be free for them. If you want to get the app, then sorry, it is still in beta for some countries.

Full article here

That’s all the news I’ve got here. Aah, this series used to be good and popular, and now it’s a thing of the past. I hope Rovio do something for it, like actually making a game rather than reuploading their animation episodes as compilations (and then reupload them again as surprise compilations!). Let’s just wait until the AB Movie 2.

BONUS: In Thorpe Park Resort, there is a “4D” Angry Birds cinema, in which you can have an exclusive AB experience and watch AB Toons episodes, with the now added vibration to seats, much like when you get vibration on the game controller while playing games. Although many people might not get to see it, you can watch this exclusive movie made just for the cinema, as it is now available online. It references most of the AB games.

https://youtu.be/dwOP7TaBAc0

Antonio231102
    @joseantonio

@sahil-gagrai All that sounds pretty cool! Thanks for the information!

This is SG
    @sahil-gagrai

27 May, 2019

Hey, I’m back. Did you think this forum might have been dead? Wrong. Well, the news about AB is rare, so it’s hard to keep an update on it.

So, there’s a new AB game. It’s Angry Birds POP 2! Yeah, they created another puzzle game, and of course, it includes AB Movie characters, in an old-school cartoon style. It also has a character level system, which is odd.

Download it here! (only in US)

Also, I bet this is late news, but the official AB Evolution forum is shutting down on 22 June. So people have to go for an alternate social website. Here are the websites to continue the discussion about it:

Official FB group

Discord server (unofficial)

AngryBirdsNest’s ABE sub-forum

That’s all for now, I guess.

UPDATE: Following the release of AB POP 2, a new series featuring the same artstyle, Angry Birds MakerSpace, will be released soon on their official channel. This series will feature both birds and pigs who are trying the new technology.

You Gotta be Joshing me
    @beakymcfeather

Man, I wish Rovio went back to making fling games and trying to be innovative in the mobile gaming space, It’s depressing watching a franchise’s fall from glory as it happens.

Kathy
    @kathy

beakymcfeather Join the club, We all are wishing for more slingshot style games, but the sad truth is Rovio has made their money and they don’t care what their fans really think or want, and believe me Rovio is not a fallen empire, by any means!

You Gotta be Joshing me
    @beakymcfeather

@kathy I didn’t mean Rovio as a whole, just Angry Birds specifically, from a business standpoint, puzzle games are “safe” as they’ve received a considerable number of downloads in the past and I’d assume they generate a decent chunk of money due to all the ads and IAPs developers put in them.

From what I can see, the shift from fling to puzzle can probably be attributed to Rovio’s failure to properly adapt to AB’s dwindling popularity, rather than finding ways modernize what made the games so great in the first place, they’ve been going with overused puzzle games instead of experimenting and adapting which IMO is what they should be doing.

Kathy
    @kathy

@beakymcfeather I understand what your saying and completely agree, though i don’t understand How they are making money on those stupid puzzle\match games that seemed to be geared towards young kids¿ Although that’s coming from a older lady addicted to slinging birds at Green pigs 😕😂

Anonymous

A more profitable demographic, sadly. I don’t agree with what they did, but I understand why. Kids love those games because they’re colorful and, quite honestly, thoughtless. Literally anybody can be good at them, and feeling successful keeps you coming back. When you’re not, there’s the enticement to spend some cash on boosts.

The reason why I believe the original Angry Birds games weren’t profitable is because we simply didn’t need the Power-Ups. Some of the levels of the bubble and match-3 games are unpredictable and actually required PUs, but Angry Birds always had some kind of strategy behind it, defeating the purpose of PUs for those who really cared to learn it.

And sadly, Rovio wants the old games off the app stores. I only learned this just recently, but Google Play doesn’t allow you to delete your own apps, only unlist them from being visible to those who don’t have it yet. Apple does allow it, and now there’s not even a trace of the old games over there. If they were possible to get rid of on Google, I bet they’d be gone in a heartbeat.

Home Forums General Discussions Forum The Angry Birds News & Discussion Board

Viewing 18 replies - 76 through 93 (of 93 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.